Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting Picnic Bench to Match Fence Colour

Options
  • 10-07-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hey Guys!
    So I painted my fence last week in the good weather, I used Ronseal Fencelife One Coat (One coat does NOT do the job BTW). It turned out lovely & herself was delighted with the result. We went for the Red Cedar colour & I took my time making sure to do both sides, top, front and back of each & every single lat on the fence. It took forever!!

So then I took on to do the picnic bench. I thought I'd chance my arm with the fencelife on it. Big mistake. It rained about 3 days after & the paint just ran off the bench like nobody's business. Now you see the main reason I chanced this has absolutely nothing to do with cheaping out, we simply couldn't find outdoor furniture paint to match the colour of the fence.

Basically I'm asking if anyone knows if I could maybe apply clear varnish across the fencelife so to protect it? Or failing that, does anyone know if I can get Red Cedar stain specifically for outdoor furniture?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Don't know abiut fencelife product, but I painted a garden bench and table in cuprinol garden shades in march, and it is holding up to the weather so far.

They probably have a colour to match or contrast with your one.

Linky here.
    http://www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/garden_shades.jsp

Advertisement