Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet connection

Options
  • 10-07-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭

What's the best unlimited internet connection available in Kilkenny city?

I am told that UPC don't have the services in my new apartment :( and I have to pay 200 euros cancellation fine.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭masterboy123

many of the internet providers don't have service at my apartment.

any idea how IMAGINE internet services or MAGNET services are in Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

many of the internet providers don't have service at my apartment.

any idea how IMAGINE internet services or MAGNET services are in Kilkenny?

A family member has imagines wimax service in Kilkenny city. Its OK can disconnect every now and again but easily fixed.

Big gripe is that they use it for Netflix and keep getting fair usage warnings.

Ordered magnet service now.
    Hopefully it will be good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I have imagine Wimax and have no problems with the connection. They haven't got the best speeds but it its grand all the same it never drops out that's with multiple phones Xboxs laptops all connected.

• Advertisement

There was contract with Imagine, so I have ordered MAGNET broadband without contract.
    I hope it will work out great. Thanks for Imagine review.

Magnet working well so far. week 1 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Magnet working well so far. week 1 down.

Had Magnet for a year in Cork and they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I am told that UPC don't have the services in my new apartment :( and I have to pay 200 euros cancellation fine.

Why do you have to pay 200 cancellation fine if UPC can't provide the service? :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Why do you have to pay 200 cancellation fine if UPC can't provide the service? :confused:?

Yeah, you're right. When a customer moves home and the service can't be provided in the new home, there's no cancellation fee. At least that was the way it was when I worked for UPC in 2011. It'd be ridiculous to have a cancellation fee in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dorgasm wrote: »
    Yeah, you're right. When a customer moves home and the service can't be provided in the new home, there's no cancellation fee. At least that was the way it was when I worked for UPC in 2011. It'd be ridiculous to have a cancellation fee in that case.

I'd imagine the fee came from the fact that when you took out the UPC services you agreed to a 12 month contract, if you move within that contracted period to a area not covered by UPC thats of no fault of UPC.

You shouldn't have taken out the contract if you were moving,

Thats what I understood before buying UPC that if they can't provide services at a different location that shouldn't be my fault.
    But at the end of moving they said sorry i have to pay 200 euros fees as I am moving before 1 year of contract.
    That's why i bought Magnet with no contract at this time.

Tell them you ain't paying it. They do things like that just because they get some people who will actually pay them.

Got email from UPC that my services will be disconnected only on 10 august, as per the 30 day notice requirement and a final bill will be issued on 10 august.
    I told them I have paid July's bill plus 200 euro cancellation fees.
    This is getting ridiculous now. Any advice?

Ring them tell them you ain't paying anymore then hang up simple as that.

Advertisement