Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking on the pavements at Mayor Sq, IFSC

Options
  • 10-07-2014 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

As of late I've noticed more and more cars parked on the pavements both sides of Mayor Sq.
    It's very annoying as it reduces the room available for people to walk and diminishes visibility when you're trying to cross the road or looking out for a taxi. Besides, it makes the whole area look terrible and blocks the view of the people trying to enjoy the outdoors seating of the coffee shops and restaurants there.

I've been wondering what could be done; I'm not sure if calling the Gardaí about this issue would be any good, I'm afraid they may be totally dismissive at best or tell you to mind your own business in a not so pleasant way.

So what should be done about this? Ask for the city council's intervention? Is there another relevant authority that would be more useful in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Try calling your local Garda station on their landline. I doubt they'd be rude, but if they're dismissive then try the city council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

It's against the law to park on footpaths.
    Surely if you make an official complaint to the Gardai they have to follow through. I'd start with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

Never mind the guards, they don't care about parking violations especially not in in Dublin. Dublin Street Parking Services should be open to some clamping and/or towaway if you give them a call. Its a DCC area so they should be able to operate there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I always found the clampers ruthless around there. It wont be long before they're nabbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭CatLou

Great, thanks everybody ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Why do you feel that the Garda would be dismissive or abusive ?

Advertisement