Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wasp stings

• 10-07-2014 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

My dog stuck her head in a wasp hive and has gotten stung on her face. It is a bit swollen but does not look too bad.
    Ill keep an eye on her and bring her to the vet if the swelling does not go down soon.

I am wondering is there anything I can do to help reduce the swelling or pain she may be feeling...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

You can give her pirotin/zirtek to bring the swelling down.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

A brilliant, I have zirtek here I will give her one. Thanks :-)

Poor thing is feeling all sorry for herself!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

how many stings did she get - how big is she - my terrier cross got stung in the mouth last year, and we ended rushing to the vet because his breathing was beginning to get laboured - so just keep a close eye on your girl for a few hours. Hopefully she will keep away from nests in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

aonb wrote: »
    how many stings did she get - how big is she - my terrier cross got stung in the mouth last year, and we ended rushing to the vet because his breathing was beginning to get laboured - so just keep a close eye on your girl for a few hours. Hopefully she will keep away from nests in the future!

She is a husky but only 10 months old. She seems to be doing ok and the swelling is already going down.

Hopefully she learned a lesson from it!!!!!!

Advertisement