Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've been pregnant and/or breastfeeding since November 2011. By the time I finish it will be 4 1/2 years since I've seen my "old" boobs and I am so worried about what they will look like. They were always large but had volume, I have a feeling there are going to be no more than empty sacks, especially that they stretched all the way to a 38G

I think santa may have to bring me an uplift next christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

73trix wrote: »
    I dread this. My boobs are huge compared to pre pregnancy and I worry about the deflated factor after..Cringe. I've gone from 34b to 36d. This must put a lot of women off breastfeeding. I've been extreme ly lucky with my body too -back to old weight and no stretch marks but worry about boobs. Oh still have sore fingers!

My joints are very sore post pregnancy which is weird because they didn't bother me too much during it. In the morning my ankles, knees, wrists, thumbs and fingers are really sore. I did have SPD during the pregnancy but thankfully it disappeared as soon as the baby was born.

My joints are very sore post pregnancy which is weird because they didn't bother me too much during it. In the morning my ankles, knees, wrists, thumbs and fingers are really sore. I did have SPD during the pregnancy but thankfully it disappeared as soon as the baby was born.

I had this really badly after my first baby. Went to physio after I returned to football 6 months post partum and discovered my pelvis had been out since delivery and had in turn caused my knee to pull out and my ankle! Much better the second time around but I was more active and put on less weight

I had this really badly after my first baby. Went to physio after I returned to football 6 months post partum and discovered my pelvis had been out since delivery and had in turn caused my knee to pull out and my ankle! Much better the second time around but I was more active and put on less weight

Maybe I'll get some physio, never thought of that. It's quite bad so would be a worthwhile spend.

Maybe I'll get some physio, never thought of that. It's quite bad so would be a worthwhile spend.

I'd say it's worth an initial visit, I've previously had Achilles tendinitis so assumed it was that again, I had hip pain but my knee and ankle were my concern. He examined me, said your pelvis is out, let me put that back!! I had 4 sessions on my ankle but didn't need anything on my hip once it was back in place.

I know a girl who popped her pelvis during a football game, didn't realise and a year later 2 ribs and her shoulder blade had moved to adapt - months of physio to try to correct.

• Advertisement

So I finally got my first period since giving birth in Septmber. Thankfully it's not as painful as they were in the past but it's so much heavier than it was ever before. My periods were always light to very light, is this something any of you have experienced and does it stay that way from now on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

So I finally got my first period since giving birth in Septmber. Thankfully it's not as painful as they were in the past but it's so much heavier than it was ever before. My periods were always light to very light, is this something any of you have experienced and does it stay that way from now on?

I've had three periods since giving birth, starting back at 11 weeks. Unfortunately they are really heavy as well compared to my light pre - pregnancy bleeds. I never had pain before and still don't thankfully but the flooding :(:( However I do think the third was a little lighter. I'm due today so I'm hopeful it will continue to ease up. It's a horror dealing with heavy periods after 20 years of getting off so lightly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Mine were always on the heavier painful side and I've had 4 pp and all but the 3rd are heavier with mini clots! They only last heavily for 2 days so I know some girls are far worse off but I hate them now.

Anyways I asked my doc and she said it could be something that settles down or it could be my new normal so I'm hoping it'll ease! I'm not on any pill at the moment though so if I do that it may help as well of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

One month on and I'm still getting night sweats!

Dolbert wrote: »
    One month on and I'm still getting night sweats!

Mine lasted til 9 months post partum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

My stomach is covered in stretch marks and my skin is saggy and wrinkly - any recommendations ladies? Bio oil isn't cutting it 16 w on.

Tbh haven't had time to exercise yet, and I have supply issues and have worked so hard to get down to 3 top ups a day, I don't want to risk compromise it until I start weaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Has anyone else experienced painful sex post natally? My baby is 2 months old and we still can't manage full intercourse :( I had a second degree tear and it's so tender and tight around the perenial area where my stitches were. All is as it should be according to my 6 week check, no infections etc. We used lots of lube but it was still eye-watering :eek: Anyone got a similar experience? Is it just a case of powering throuhg until it feels better or do I need to go back to the doctor? TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Tired. Sore. Cranky. Cry at everything. Thank god there's a baby to coo over (except when he's cranky too)

Advertisement