Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Just catching up now... Sooo relieved to see I'm not alone with the broody-ness. My OH thinks I'm insane as the baby is 9 weeks and has silent reflux so its been tough. It must be the hormones going back to whatever normal is. Its mad as I had a fairly tough pregnancy for the last few months with a good few complications and I told my best friend how I kinda missed being pregnant. She asked was I feeling ok! She reminded me how miserable I was... which I had forgotten in the fog of the new baby. :D I might need a few more pep talks from her but OH thinks she's fantastic now as she's convinced me that trying for another so soon isnt the best idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I thought having another so soon was mad but at 9 weeks past giving birth I concieced number 2! Hard going but worth every second!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

The joys of being a mammy I have a throat and sinus infection feel like krap all I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep no such luck :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

The joys of being a mammy I have a throat and sinus infection feel like krap all I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep no such luck :-(

Oh Betsie, that really is rough. Your body is crying out for rest and some down time, but your baby will have different ideas!! I hope it passes really soon for you.

Ugh... Stitches... The pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

You poor girls:-(

Is anyone still getting random ankle swelling? Had it back last night and still this morning but Im also dehydrated so could just need to drink a load more water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I'm so glad you said that Smokey! I'm only 6 days post C-Section and my legs and ankles have swollen up ridiculously since more or less a day post op. I actually started taking a diuretic yesterday given they were becoming so tight and uncomfortable so hopefully that will help. Midwife paid a home visit yesterday and said that it's common in the weeks post delivery for all the fluid to gravitate south and that it will right itself over time.....looks mingbags though!!

Merkin wrote: »
    I'm so glad you said that Smokey! I'm only 6 days post C-Section and my legs and ankles have swollen up ridiculously since more or less a day post op. I actually started taking a diuretic yesterday given they were becoming so tight and uncomfortable so hopefully that will help. Midwife paid a home visit yesterday and said that it's common in the weeks post delivery for all the fluid to gravitate south and that it will right itself over time.....looks mingbags though!!

Hi Merkin!

Mine were like that for a week or two and had one day where they went supersize but I drank loads of water and it all went down!

Just Im5 weeks after baby now and it just came back last night or two when I was up in the warm bedroom sitting uncomfortably! Its not severe and ive also been really awful with not drinking enough water lately so Im wondering if part is dehydration too?

I had a lot of swelling and fluid retention during the pregnancy.. generally its around the bump and feet. so definitely not unusual to swell as the fluid starts draining and things go back to normal. My feet were size 9 by the end of pregnancy, (I started a 6.5!!!), they have gone back to about a 7.5 now and looks like they are staying there :(

@Merkin, keep an eye on the fluid.. I had a LOT due to BP problems and the fluid fell from belly down to near groin and then burst out through a part of my almost healed c-section scar. It was scary and I was right into the hospital.. but apparently its not unusual. In my case the fright sent my BP sky high so was readmitted for another few days in hospital. I'm sure it wont happen to ye but best be aware of it and not think your bleeding internally and get in total panic like I did.

If your not resting enough too that will cause swelling days that I'm very busy my feet will be like balloons ( most days) just keep an eye on it and if you're worried get it checked out xx

So so how after pregnancy are you still getting swelling?

I rang rotunda late last night as ive done that previously when theyre quiet and you can have a good chat with a midwife. They were really busy though when I called so onlyhad a very brief chat but midwife didnt seem remotely concerned...said it can take a few months for your body to go back to normal. Its not excessive enough that Im worried but Im upping my water asI was so shockingly bad the last few weeks so Ill do that and keep an eye and I have my 6 week checkup in a few days!

• Advertisement

After my 1st it lasted about 3months only 3.5weeks since had my 2nd baby

After my 1st it lasted about 3months only 3.5weeks since had my 2nd baby

Ah that's good to know!! That's why threads like this are great:D

Threads like this ale great you think your all alone and then you realise your nxot alone x

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Chloe47

Hi ladies looking for opinions.. I'm 13months postpartum and still breastfeeding. I've had my period regularly for 6months but this month it was 10days late. It was a normal period nothing out of the ordinary, but I'm still feeling nauseous. What are the chances I'm pregnant?

I had normal periods after my first and this is my second period after my second and it was 9 days late and I've headaches and nautious like when pregnant with her but I'm not I think oir hormones can play up at any time they feel like... I tested up until I got them it was negative.. Maybe test to be sure

This isn't a moan, more a query as I'm not sure where else to post. I cannot WAIT to have sex again with Mr.Merkin but I'm just wondering how long after a section I should wait? My scar from the section is healing really well and obviously everything downstairs hasn't been effected given I didn't have a vaginal birth but is there a recommended time within which we need to hold fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Merkin wrote: »
    This isn't a moan, more a query as I'm not sure where else to post. I cannot WAIT to have sex again with Mr.Merkin but I'm just wondering how long after a section I should wait? My scar from the section is healing really well and obviously everything downstairs hasn't been effected given I didn't have a vaginal birth but is there a recommended time within which we need to hold fire?

Didn't have a c-section Merkin but this came up in conversation with two friends who had sections. One was told to wait until her cervix was closed and any bleeding had stopped. The other was told to wait until after her 6 week check. The first girl gave birth abroad. She reckons she waited about a month but that's because she had no clue if her cervix was closed :) maybe ask at babies two week check?

Thanks for that Roesy. I'm nine days post partum and bleeding has stopped now. I suspect it may be a little soon still, I feel well but I don't want to do damage either! Will ask my health visitor, thank you xx

Hi guys, I had a c-section too and was v nervous too. Like Rosey said I waited til I stopped bleeding and we did the deed at 4 weeks post section. Take it slow and trust your instincts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Period is finally here!

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Period is finally here!

Ohh was it ok or a doozy? Hopefully an ok one for you!

Had my 6 week check up this morn, all grand although no physical exam but she delt my uterus a few weeks back when I was there and said it felt good so maybe that's why? Got my bloods done too as pregnancy reminded me that sometimes my platelets go up a bit so want to get that sorted! Little man has his check up this fri in Rotunda.

Uhhh.. Hate them my second ones just gone now and thankfully on the pill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭val444

I think this thread is a great idea! I only just came across it. I had a baby girl, my first, eleven weeks ago and I have never done anything this hard. I had a complicated scary pregnancy and a fierce clingy, whingey, non-sleeping baby. I also have MS and am currently having three infusions of massive whacks of steroids so even when Bubs is sleeping, I'm not. I am beyond tired, everything hurts, I had every complication known to man and definitely don't want another just yet, if ever. Having said all that, my baby girl is my best friend and the love of my life and I wouldn't change a thing!

Sounds like a tough time Val but it's amazing that your baby can get you over all the tough stuff!

I've been very quiet since our little man was born but we were cleaning my room yesterday and I was lifting bags while sitting on the bed and twisting and I managed to pull something in my side low down around my hip. Didn't hurt much so I carried on and made dinner etc. but by last night it was very, very sore and I could feel it in the ligament stretching into my pelvis like the SPD pains I had during pregnancy! Hurts less when I move so went to bed and it's eased off a lot but need to try be careful today, my muscles and ligaments are all a little weak I think at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Bone density is lower too... I've twisted/sprained my ankle three times since she was born, said it to the GP when we were getting vaccines. She told me all the ligaments are weaker still, and to watch it with going up ladders etc, as it's very easy to break bones after a pregnancy due to lower bone density.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a total klutz since having bubs, spend my time dropping things and am a bit more accident prone, reckon baby brain might be here to stay :o

Merkin I still have baby brain after my 1st haha its here to stay haha x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Hi ladies, my little man is 7 months old tomorrow.
    I've only had 2 periods since he was born; the first one in mid June, the second in late July. I'm usually very irregular but just wondering if thats too irregular?

Fair play to those of you contemplating a second/additional baby, I break out in a cold sweat even thinking about DTD. My hubby has been very patient but I'm so terrified of getting pregnant again I find myself using every excuse in the book to avoid it. I didn't have a horrendous pregnancy but the labour/birth weren't great and having a transfusion and an internal infection for a month after he was born don't exactly entice me.

Lastly, my little man (who sleeps through the night) is in his cot in his own room. We have a normal monitor in his room in case he cries/talks during the night) but I'm terrified something will happen him and keep going in to check on him - even though I'm back in work and could do without the broken nights sleep. Is anyone else like this? Thanks guys xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Hi ladies, my little man is 7 months old tomorrow.
    I've only had 2 periods since he was born; the first one in mid June, the second in late July. I'm usually very irregular but just wondering if thats too irregular?

Fair play to those of you contemplating a second/additional baby, I break out in a cold sweat even thinking about DTD. My hubby has been very patient but I'm so terrified of getting pregnant again I find myself using every excuse in the book to avoid it. I didn't have a horrendous pregnancy but the labour/birth weren't great and having a transfusion and an internal infection for a month after he was born don't exactly entice me.

Lastly, my little man (who sleeps through the night) is in his cot in his own room. We have a normal monitor in his room in case he cries/talks during the night) but I'm terrified something will happen him and keep going in to check on him - even though I'm back in work and could do without the broken nights sleep. Is anyone else like this? Thanks guys xx

Are/were you breastfeeding? If so, that could explain the periods. My boy is the same age, but I've been on the mini-pill the last few months, so never really got a chance to see how my periods were after he was born.

I've stopped even using the baby monitor with him. His bedroom is close to ours, and we leave both doors open, so I'd hear him if he was making any noise. I do sometimes wake at 3am and wonder if he's OK, but it's easier to just get up straight away and pop in and check on him than to be lying awake watching/listening to the baby monitor to see if he's still breathing! That way I get back to sleep much faster. I find it happens less as time goes on - being back at work, I'm just too exhausted to wake at night! And he always sleeps through, has done for months. We're all finally getting back to something resembling a normal sleep pattern!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Anyone else finding their skin has gone to pot since giving birth!? I haven't had this many pimples on my chin since I was a teenager :o I think I remember reading spots on the chin are hormonal so it's probably just my body resetting itself. Still looks horrible though :(

Advertisement