Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Jerrica wrote: »
    Anyone else finding their skin has gone to pot since giving birth!? I haven't had this many pimples on my chin since I was a teenager :o I think I remember reading spots on the chin are hormonal so it's probably just my body resetting itself. Still looks horrible though :(

I had my baby a week ago and my chin has completly erupted in spots. Found the moisturiser I use for the eldest rash is really helping!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

It's mad how pregnancy messes with your skin ... I got a spot at the top of my nose at around six months pregnant, it wouldn't go away and it grew and grew til it was massive by the time I was full term. But it disappeared completely within 24 hours of giving birth. So weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My skin is great but my hair is soooo sooooo dry, it has turned to straw and I'm using a couple of oil treatments a week and it's making no difference.

Merkin wrote: »
    My skin is great but my hair is soooo sooooo dry, it has turned to straw and I'm using a couple of oil treatments a week and it's making no difference.

My hair is the opposite, so greasy. :( Can't get away without washing it every morning anymore.

At least I didn't lose much of it though - that's a big problem for a lot of women after giving birth.

What a wonderful, special time ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Really greasy hair and spots but they are starting to subside a bit now thank god haven't lost much hair this time around still recovering from my 1st 2yrs ago x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Yes to the greasy hair here too. I was washing it every day but now use dry shampoo so only wash it every second day now.

Always no 1 im gald you said that. Im terrified to DTD. baba is 19 weeks and we've only done it once. i had a bad tear which burst and got infected and didnt heal properly untill about 2-3 months (they have said they wont know if its healed correctly until i start using it so to speak) but im terrified. OH is being very good about it though. Plus had bad spd during and after the birth so dont fancy being pregnany again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Oh glad I'm not the only one afraid to do the deed! I want to but I wanted my lochia to completely go first and it still hasn't so so we're getting creative but I'd love to be able to but I know I'd be panicky about it and then upset if I started bleeding again!

Speaking of....I'm dying to get rid of my lochia, 7 weeks on Tues but since 4 1/2 the blood has ended so it's just the yellow discharge and watery clear stuff. Just wanted to know if any of you got the watery stuff or jelly like yellow tinged discharge in the last stage of lochia? Seems like some girls just stop bleeding very quickly and that's it but thankfully I've seen a lot are like myself and take much longer to go through the process!

OK think my periods here......going to doc later just to be sure but darker red, all looks and feels like it's back and not lochia related...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm so tired this week we had people in last week painting and well I had to leave the house most days with Two babies in toe.. Anyway they messed everything up and didn't get even one room done in 3 days so now I'm left with half the job done and a house that's up in the air.. Trying to sort the house out is impossible and by there bed time I'm limited to what I can do... I've no car and where I live there's nowhere I can go with the kids so stuck at the house and only have a kitchen for jack to run round in for fear he'll get hurt in any other part of the house.. There really ain't enough hours in the day.. Hubby never finishes on time so no edition when he's home as kids will be going to sleep.. Ever just feel stuck in a rut and have no idea how to get out.. I'm just short of paying someone to have the kids so I can get something done and money wise its not the best option

I hear you about being stuck in a rut it's the same thing day in day out keep saying every day today will be different I'm. Going to do something different today but it's so hard to motivate myself to actually do it

Oh well maybe today :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yea today will be the day lol... Oh can only get better!

1st period after baby arrived today :-(

Now it all really feels over I'm so sad today and feel really empty

Little lady is 6weeks tomorrow time is just flying apart from a small bit of reflux we are doing great x

1st period after baby arrived today :-(

Now it all really feels over I'm so sad today and feel really empty

Little lady is 6weeks tomorrow time is just flying apart from a small bit of reflux we are doing great x

Ahh that's very sweet, to be honest I was happy mine arrived just to try and get my body on the way back to normal! How has your first one been? Mine's reasonably grand, just it's heavy during day then around dinner time until the next morning it's really light! Anyone else like that?

My moan is my poor bum, haemorrhoids are agony:(:(

Mine is kinda like that too strange x it hasn't been too bad yet lots of cramps this morning but to be expected x

Oh you poor thing I had bad ones after my 1st not nice at all xx

You poor thing Smokey, thank God I've never had one but they're supposed to be agony. Don't let yourself get constipated. Have you tried prune juice? If not I'd recommend getting some (the Sunsweet one) and staying near a toilet! :o I'd a PPH so am on iron and have managed to avoid any bunged uppness thanks to a daily glass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

My moan is my poor bum, haemorrhoids are agony:(:(

O they are just awful! And very painful. I had ginormous ones :(. I felt like my rectum was turning inside out everything I had a poo :(... (Sorry TMI)... If they are bad smokey id really advice getting your GP to give you a prescription for scheriproct ointment and suppositories (depending on your med history etc obviously but gp will give the ok). Thu worked wonders for me and I felt so much better after a week of using them. The relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My hair :( it's everywhere. In the babies mouth, in her nappies , all over her clothes the toddlers clothes my clothes, blocking the shower drain, there's hairballs in the washing machine and drier, the pillowcases the sheets... I have bald patches!!

cyning wrote: »
    My hair :( it's everywhere. In the babies mouth, in her nappies , all over her clothes the toddlers clothes my clothes, blocking the shower drain, there's hairballs in the washing machine and drier, the pillowcases the sheets... I have bald patches!!

O snap cyning! I have no fringe left!!! My whole fringe is literally on my bathroom floor. My forehead looks massive!

You poor thing Smokey, thank God I've never had one but they're supposed to be agony. Don't let yourself get constipated. Have you tried prune juice? If not I'd recommend getting some (the Sunsweet one) and staying near a toilet! :o I'd a PPH so am on iron and have managed to avoid any bunged uppness thanks to a daily glass!
    Sligo1 wrote: »
    O they are just awful! And very painful. I had ginormous ones :(. I felt like my rectum was turning inside out everything I had a poo :(... (Sorry TMI)... If they are bad smokey id really advice getting your GP to give you a prescription for scheriproct ointment and suppositories (depending on your med history etc obviously but gp will give the ok). Thu worked wonders for me and I felt so much better after a week of using them. The relief!

Thanks girls taking soluable fibre drinks, stool softener and suppositories, all over the counter stuff but hoping it makes a difference, I even had a little cry about it yesterday feeling sorry for myself, I thought two months after labour I'd be back to normal but sure I'm on the right road and I can't really complain over little things!
    Sligo1 wrote: »
    O snap cyning! I have no fringe left!!! My whole fringe is literally on my bathroom floor. My forehead looks massive!

Oh no!! My hair is still in tact but I'll be devastated if my fringe goes!! Are there any vitamins or anything you can take to minimise the damage or is it just a case of letting it run it's course?

Awww Smokey that's awful. I agree with Sligo, if they are that bad don't suffer in silence and self medicate. Get yourself to your GP and get something stronger.

• Advertisement

Smokey the OTC suppositories are absolute sh*te! Annusol right? Utter crap and waste of time and money IMO. If they are really bothering you try and get the stuff I mentioned and you'll feel the relief very quickly.

I'm not taking anything for the hair loss. Still breastfeeding so i wouldn't want to take anything just in case at the moment. But otherwise I have heard Silica tablets are great for hair loss. And have also heard washing your hair with Nioxin can be good. Perhaps a vitamin or iron aswell. But if you have bum bumps (as I call them) I wouldn't recommend taking iron.

Ah thanks girls yep that's the one I'm using! :( How are you after the PPH Merkin? I'm taking good multivitamins now as doc said everyone's iron will get low and it can make lochia and periods longer too so it's worth everyone thinking about but of course with what you had you need the heavy duty stuff to do it's job!

It's either an internal haemorrhoid one or it's a fissure, I had something similar during pregnancy and pretty much straight after but think period and eating badly have just made it worse! I think I'll head up to doc next week as you say though and get something a bit more hardcore because even if this works for now I know it's a repeat thing with a lot of girls after pregnancy so I'd like a supply of something good in case it's an ongoing thing!

I'm also struggling with what to do about breastfeeding, baba has been having combined but he ends up getting so little breastmilk because I have to use the nipple shields and he gets frustrated especially if he's really hungry (he's a beautiful little piglet when it comes to his stomach:)) and I also would like to try and sort a pill that will regulate my hormones and periods better but I feel enormous guilt even thinking of quitting.....:( Fiance brought it up because it's been tough so I'm mulling it over, would be much easier in a lot of ways but I don't want to let him down with giving him the best:(

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Ah thanks girls yep that's the one I'm using! :( How are you after the PPH Merkin? I'm taking good multivitamins now as doc said everyone's iron will get low and it can make lochia and periods longer too so it's worth everyone thinking about but of course with what you had you need the heavy duty stuff to do it's job!

It's either an internal haemorrhoid one or it's a fissure, I had something similar during pregnancy and pretty much straight after but think period and eating badly have just made it worse! I think I'll head up to doc next week as you say though and get something a bit more hardcore because even if this works for now I know it's a repeat thing with a lot of girls after pregnancy so I'd like a supply of something good in case it's an ongoing thing!

I'm also struggling with what to do about breastfeeding, baba has been having combined but he ends up getting so little breastmilk because I have to use the nipple shields and he gets frustrated especially if he's really hungry (he's a beautiful little piglet when it comes to his stomach:)) and I also would like to try and sort a pill that will regulate my hormones and periods better but I feel enormous guilt even thinking of quitting.....:( Fiance brought it up because it's been tough so I'm mulling it over, would be much easier in a lot of ways but I don't want to let him down with giving him the best:(

Do not feel guilty if you decide to stop breastfeeding! New mums have enough to be worrying about without the added guilt of how to feed their baby! You've obviously done great so far and if you continue that's brilliant! But if you decide to stop completely that's fine aswell. Either way your baby will be just as happy. Remember, every breastfeed no matter how much or how little is a great thing. But if you feel you are constantly worrying then maybe you need to reassess. You could contact cuidiu or la leche legue for support aswell if you want to keep breastfeeding. My husband has been on at me to go to bottles as he thinks it would make things less stressful on everyone and thinks Lilly would be in a better routine (which I don't entirely disagree with). But he sees I enjoy it so has kinda left me to my own devices.

Re the haemorrhoids, of GP prescribes proctoseal this is also pretty crap. Request scheriproct and see if they agree. The ointment was difficult to get a few months ago but hopefully it's back in the pharmacies now. The suppositories are very good.

Also smokey, I now express a bottle o breastmilk for the evening feed so OH can give it and I also know exactly how much she is getting aswell... You could try expressing? It might put your
    Mind at rest knowing he is still getting a bit of breast milk...

I'm great thanks Smokey, feeling more or less back to normal. I take two Pregnacare postnatal vits a day, one of the three iron tablets I'm meant to take and then eating really well and getting my remaining iron from there as opposed to the supplements as I know manufactured iron constipates me and after a C Section I just didn't want to risk it! :o Getting out and about a good bit now and we went for a lovely lunch and then a walk with bubs yesterday and we've a good little routine going. (Bar last night should I say when he had his 4am feed and was all up for craic and banter until nearly 7am......he's done that the last couple of nights and is ALLLLL smiles!!!:D)

I'm not breast feeding so can't advise but can empathise with the hungry baby! Our little munchkin is a right little Bon vivant. He's only 3+3 weeks and I've had to up him to 5oz feeds this morning because he's going through such a little growth spurt. :) Do what you feel is best for both you and your bubs.

I'm great thanks Smokey, feeling more or less back to normal. I take two Pregnacare postnatal vits a day, one of the three iron tablets I'm meant to take and then eating really well and getting my remaining iron from there as opposed to the supplements as I know manufactured iron constipates me and after a C Section I just didn't want to risk it! :o Getting out and about a good bit now and we went for a lovely lunch and then a walk with bubs yesterday and we've a good little routine going. (Bar last night should I say when he had his 4am feed and was all up for craic and banter until nearly 7am......he's done that the last couple of nights and is ALLLLL smiles!!!:D)

I'm not breast feeding so can't advise but can empathise with the hungry baby! Our little munchkin is a right little Bon vivant. He's only 3+3 weeks and I've had to up him to 5oz feeds this morning because he's going through such a little growth spurt. :) Do what you feel is best for both you and your bubs.

So glad to hear you and bubs are doing well merkin! When will he have his little surgery? Xxx

Thank you :) We are meeting the maxillofacial surgeon and the rest of the team on September 3rd so we should be looking at mid to late October for his little lip and partial palate repair. We are so lucky to have one of the best teams possible to be looking after him, the surgeon is world renowned. I know it's going to be tough but trying to be pragmatic about it, thankfully the little chap will have no recollection of it all!

The poor wee pet! You're right though, at least he'll remember nothing, and he'll be in the best possible hands. :) Any idea of how long of a hospital stay will be involved? Is it likely to be just the one surgery or more than that, or do you know yet?

Thank you :) We are meeting the maxillofacial surgeon and the rest of the team on September 3rd so we should be looking at mid to late October for his little lip and partial palate repair. We are so lucky to have one of the best teams possible to be looking after him, the surgeon is world renowned. I know it's going to be tough but trying to be pragmatic about it, thankfully the little chap will have no recollection of it all!

Just aswell you live where do Hun. There's a reason for everything aye :). Poor wee pet. He will be fine tho. And he's thriving now which will be such a benefit when it comes to having te surgery and his recovery. Xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Girls if you are in dublin and having hair woes go to eddie in perceptions.
    http://m.goldenpages.ie/detail/perceptions-dublin-D6W/ I went to him and I swear I was shedding sooo much hair! My hair is so thick and long now. (thicker and longer than pre pregnancy). I can't use a clip to hold it up and a bobbin will only fold once. I am very bold and always forget to take vitamins.
    He will cut your hair and you will leave and your hair will look longer and thicker. Don't ask me how.....he just has magic hands :)
    He is around €70ish for a cut but honestly you will get soooooo long out of it!

Advertisement