Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

The poor wee pet! You're right though, at least he'll remember nothing, and he'll be in the best possible hands. :) Any idea of how long of a hospital stay will be involved? Is it likely to be just the one surgery or more than that, or do you know yet?

The initial surgery will mean being admitted on the Wednesday and then hopefully discharged on the Saturday or Sunday. You want to see the size of the tiny wee surgical gowns for bubbas! Not sure how many surgeries, the doctors and cleft nurse thinks it's quite straightforward so at least two surgeries. One next month and then one when he's about a year old. Bless him! xx
    Sligo1 wrote: »
    Just aswell you live where do Hun. There's a reason for everything aye :). Poor wee pet. He will be fine tho. And he's thriving now which will be such a benefit when it comes to having te surgery and his recovery. Xx

Thanks so much. I think it's great that he loves his grub and is thriving, means he's that bit sturdier when it's time for hospital xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Don't know what it is but for some reason tonight both my children feel the need to stay awake :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

L was up from 2-3am and then 6-7am which is very unlike her. Husband couldn't sleep last night either. Must've been something in the air... Or in the big bottle lucozade OH drank before bed.... Lol.

The bottle of lucozade might have something to do with that my hubby had no bother sleeping and snoring all night I'll be in bed early tonight hopefully haha xx

It's like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in Maison de Merkin!! I'm having the heaviest vaginal bleed I've ever had, I mean ridiculously heavy! I'm 5+3 post partum and had red bleeding for a week and the lochia was light and stopped totally at three weeks. I've been on the mini pill since 28 days pp and I started bleeding a couple of days ago and I've never seen anything like it. I changed my tampon (super absorbancy) before feeding the baby @ 6.30 this morning and 45 minutes later, I'd actually left a huge stain on our beautiful feeding chair and it's coming out in torrents. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? I'm now wearing a tampon and pad but passing clots. Is this what the infamous first period post partum is like or could it be related to the new Pill I'm wondering? I'm not looking for medical advice just curious if this has happened to anyone else? It's horrific!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Merkin wrote: »
    It's like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in Maison de Merkin!! I'm having the heaviest vaginal bleed I've ever had, I mean ridiculously heavy! I'm 5+3 post partum and had red bleeding for a week and the lochia was light and stopped totally at three weeks. I've been on the mini pill since 28 days pp and I started bleeding a couple of days ago and I've never seen anything like it. I changed my tampon (super absorbancy) before feeding the baby @ 6.30 this morning and 45 minutes later, I'd actually left a huge stain on our beautiful feeding chair and it's coming out in torrents. WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL? I'm now wearing a tampon and pad but passing clots. Is this what the infamous first period post partum is like or could it be related to the new Pill I'm wondering? I'm not looking for medical advice just curious if this has happened to anyone else? It's horrific!

I would ring the hospital right now and ask to speak to a midwife, if I were you. That doesn't sound right at all. And you had a section, didn't you? I think it's very important that you talk to someone soon - hopefully it's nothing, but I think you need to get it checked.

And just to emphasise ... don't be wondering if you should wait until tomorrow when the doctors will be open. Don't be waiting a couple of hours to see if anything changes. That level of bleeding out of nowhere that long after birth isn't normal, in my opinion, and you should get it checked out now. I don't want to scare you and maybe it is normal and all is fine. But if I were you, I wouldn't be taking chances with that amount of bleeding.

Took your advice Chat and spoke to a midwife who was quite unphased by it. She said that nearly six weeks has passed so risk of bleed relating to that is low and it's most likely my period which can be particularly heavy and gory after giving birth. She said to come to A&E if it caused pain or weakness but I'm just having cramping and horrendous bleeding. It has put my mind at ease but I'd like my body back now please! Was really looking forward to a couple of amorous mornings with Hubby this weekend but that's out of the question :( Hopefully it won't last too long.

Glad to hear it! Sorry if I seemed to be overreacting, but I'd have definitely rung them if I were in your situation. Always better to be safe than sorry. :)

God not at all, thank you. You're right, far more sensible to phone and speak to someone!Thanks xx

• Advertisement

Sounds horrible. I don't remember my periods being like that, but then again I had a lot of bleeding after the birth. I remember a midwife in hospital saying to me that I've nine months worth of periods that need to be cleared out ... I know that biologically that's not exactly correct, but in a way it makes sense, and I guess that it comes after the birth for some women, and for others it comes with the first period. Sounds horrible anyways, you poor thing! Hope it passes soon.

The good news is that my periods have pretty much vanished with the minipill. :) Hopefully the same will happen for you! I'm on it around four months now, lots of spotting the first month or so, but very little since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I'm just on my first period now at just over 5 weeks pp. Which is sorta silly, since I hadn't actually stopped bleeding since I had Abigail :( Super heavy, going through a super night pad every 1.5 hours or so, and the cramps could take down an elephant. Rang my GP to be sure but it's normal for me to have them this heavy, which is why I was put on the pill in the first place (many moons ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ah Merkin and ShaShabear sorry you hear your first periods have been so bad:(

My first one was quite normal for me as I've always had kinda heavy ones and quite pain free but I've heard you can have a normal first one and then a bad second one or third one so I'm waiting in dread for my next one! I started ovulating past few days so I'm waiting for it at any time now, fecking annoying! Fingers crossed though, I know it's kind of a lottery as to whether it'll be heavier, lighter or the same as before pregnancy!

Hope yours ease off soon girls and get better from here!

Out of interest do you think if you bleed for longer post partum your periods are more likely to be normal? I only stopped bleeding at 4 1/2 weeks

SmokeyEyes wrote: »

My first one was quite normal for me as I've always had kinda heavy ones and quite pain free but I've heard you can have a normal first one and then a bad second one or third one so I'm waiting in dread for my next one! I started ovulating past few days so I'm waiting for it at any time now, fecking annoying! Fingers crossed though, I know it's kind of a lottery as to whether it'll be heavier, lighter or the same as before pregnancy!

Hope yours ease off soon girls and get better from here!

Out of interest do you think if you bleed for longer post partum your periods are more likely to be normal? I only stopped bleeding at 4 1/2 weeks

Well I didn't actually stop bleeding pp, just it changed when I started getting period cramps and now it's like period bleeding instead. But the heaviness and the feelings I am getting are very normal for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

All this talk of periods by the July mums who had babies the same week as me and of course, I start spotting this afternoon! Will be full blown by tonight I'm sure.........dreading it now!!

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    All this talk of periods by the July mums who had babies the same week as me and of course, I start spotting this afternoon! Will be full blown by tonight I'm sure.........dreading it now!!

But that only means you can get to work on the Irish twins, Ocean! :pac:
    Despite my many whoopsies since we rediscovered the bomchickawahwah, period came and OH is a little disappointed. He asked me today if that meant for sure I wasn't pregnant and I told him probably not. Cue sullen face until he promptly stared me down when feeding Abigail just now and said he can't wait to have another!

I'm sorry, another? Did *you* already have one? :rolleyes:

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    But that only means you can get to work on the Irish twins, Ocean! :pac:
    Despite my many whoopsies since we rediscovered the bomchickawahwah, period came and OH is a little disappointed. He asked me today if that meant for sure I wasn't pregnant and I told him probably not. Cue sullen face until he promptly stared me down when feeding Abigail just now and said he can't wait to have another!

I'm sorry, another? Did *you* already have one? :rolleyes:

After the easiest pregnancy ever I've had a disastrous few weeks healthwise since then so another baby definitely is not an option any time soon.

After the easiest pregnancy ever I've had a disastrous few weeks healthwise since then so another baby definitely is not an option any time soon.

I'm definitely having more, loooooooads more. But not now! I'm only starting to get long enough between feeds now to enjoy not being pregnant (eg lie on stomach, have a drink, slouch at the PC, taking off and putting on my socks for the craic) so I definitely don't want a stowaway just yet!

I'm definitely having more, loooooooads more. But not now! I'm only starting to get long enough between feeds now to enjoy not being pregnant (eg lie on stomach, have a drink, slouch at the PC, taking off and putting on my socks for the craic) so I definitely don't want a stowaway just yet!

LOL at the socks!! I had spinal surgery this week so while I could manage socks grand with my smallish bump, I definitely can't now. Can't hold/lift/feed/change my little girl either :(

LOL at the socks!! I had spinal surgery this week so while I could manage socks grand with my smallish bump, I definitely can't now. Can't hold/lift/feed/change my little girl either :(

Oooh no! That must be utterly heartbreaking! :(

• Advertisement

Ah you poor thing OceanBlue:( Hope your period is ok, mine was just normal heavy for me and lasted less than a week so you could be grand! Dreading second one but fingers crossed it's the same as the first and not worse!

Having our little baba is definitely the most amazing thing I've ever done but I couldn't' even consider pregnancy again for a good while, I never had appreciation for how long and hard it can be, it's basically a year of your life you're giving away to pregnancy and recovery so just starting to feel normal again is amazing and I just want to enjoy time with my fiancé and our baba for a while and feel like myself again:o Fair play to the girls who try again almost straight away!

Ah you poor thing OceanBlue:( Hope your period is ok, mine was just normal heavy for me and lasted less than a week so you could be grand! Dreading second one but fingers crossed it's the same as the first and not worse!

False alarm, it never arrived! I've enough on my plate without it so it can stay away please :)

False alarm, it never arrived! I've enough on my plate without it so it can stay away please :)

Ah you like to think it said to your body ah come on let's give her a break for a bit:D

Ah you like to think it said to your body ah come on let's give her a break for a bit:D

When really what it said was "Mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

When really what it said was "Mwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Haha I think you're right!:D

Oceaan sorry to hear your having a rough time of it x hope your recovering well after your operation x and hope everyone else is doing well x

we had ruby christened yesterday what a busy day but a lovely day all the same x

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Hi ladies, I'm delightedb to be joining this thread! My little fella arrived last Tuesday, nearly a month early so took us by surprise. All good though. Hope ye are all well. My moan for the moment is night feeds. He's been feeding from 1am to 5.30am, coming on and off the boob every so often but not settling till 5ish. He does the same in the afternoon, is like he's on a 12-hr day that repeats. I'm dreading my first period back after reading your experiences!

Hi ladies, I'm delightedb to be joining this thread! My little fella arrived last Tuesday, nearly a month early so took us by surprise. All good though. Hope ye are all well. My moan for the moment is night feeds. He's been feeding from 1am to 5.30am, coming on and off the boob every so often but not settling till 5ish. He does the same in the afternoon, is like he's on a 12-hr day that repeats. I'm dreading my first period back after reading your experiences!

Congratulations!!! Delighted for ye. That must've been a surprise. Sounds like ur little guy is cluster feeding. Is it only Tuesday 2 days ago? They have a mad feeding session at 2 days and also 10days or 2 weeks.

Ah welcome!! And wow with babs showing up a month early, we would have had nothing ready if our lad had come early:D

My first period was ok so don't worry, you may be lucky!

My moan is bum related, fecking anal fissure or something of the like, on fibogel every day and bum still bleeds now and again. Looked up other new mams with it on other discussion boards and seems to be a common thing and some of them have them on and off long term, fingers crossed I can get rid of mine:(

• Advertisement

Ah welcome!! And wow with babs showing up a month early, we would have had nothing ready if our lad had come early:D

My first period was ok so don't worry, you may be lucky!

My moan is bum related, fecking anal fissure or something of the like, on fibogel every day and bum still bleeds now and again. Looked up other new mams with it on other discussion boards and seems to be a common thing and some of them have them on and off long term, fingers crossed I can get rid of mine:(

Smokey I had one of those a few years ago. It was the sorest thing ever! I was unbearable to even sit down! When mine didnt heal I went to see a consultant who did a scope and prescribed me this miracle cream (€100 a pop!)... After months of agony it finally healed in a few weeks. Hope urs heals on its own.

Advertisement