Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Wow a month early I wouldn't of been ready at all x 4days was early was a shock for me haha x glad everything is ok though x

Smokey sorry to hear your not doing too well hopefully will get it sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Ah it's grand, have it reasonably under control, just a pain in the ass (literally):D

Sorry couldn't help but giggle there ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

Thanks for the welcome ladies. He is 8 days today, so I guess he could be starting some kind of cluster feeding. Paediatrician put him developmentally at 39-40 weeks at birth, so my dates were just way off, he is fine and healthy. Yeah we had nothing ready, no bags packed, no taxi numbers, nothing ready for him! Daddy had to assemble the crib and move furniture when we arrived home. But it meant I didn't go crazy waiting around for him to arrive :)

Hope your pain in the ass goes soon smokey :)

Started 2nd period today, it's ok so far but it's in the start stage so I know it'll be heavier as it goes along, just praying it's half decent, I felt really good the past few weeks like I was completely back to myself but I have the fear again now which I hate! Don't even know why I'm nervous, I've always had heavy periods, sometimes woeful ones, but I never batted an eyelid!! Just read people saying their second or third was bad, but they tended to have very light first periods so my 1st was heavyish but normal to me so would love it to not be any worse!!

Why has pregnancy made me an emotional windbag?:( Had to get cuddle off my fiancé!:o

Edit: definitely more consistently heavy than last one but I'm hoping if it was heavy yesterday and is heavy today by tomorrow or Monday it'll be lighter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

I second that on the emotional windbag! Mostly I'm doing fine but every so often I get awful weepy and emotional about nothing important and need to have a good cry for myself.

My 2nd is ok so far thank god :-D as for being an emotional wreck I'm like that since I was pregnant with my 1st often need a good cry and that sorts me out sometimes I loose tho rag altogether but after j good shout and a cry I'm ok hubby has learned when to stay away from me haha x

Hope ye are all well x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Talk about emotional!!! Im all over the place! just feel horrible at the moment. im killing my OH, feeling like crying ALL the time. Lethargic. Argh just horrible horrible horrible!

My hair is still falling out in clumps! But got a wonderful haircut yesterday from a recommendation from a wonderful fellow boardie. Miraculously I got my fringe back and my hair looks decent again. I dont know how the hairdresser did it but he did!

I havent had my period yet. L is 6 months now. Perhaps it might be coming.... At least that might explain me being an emotional wreck!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Talk about emotional!!! Im all over the place! just feel horrible at the moment. im killing my OH, feeling like crying ALL the time. Lethargic. Argh just horrible horrible horrible!

My hair is still falling out in clumps! But got a wonderful haircut yesterday from a recommendation from a wonderful fellow boardie. Miraculously I got my fringe back and my hair looks decent again. I dont know how the hairdresser did it but he did!

I havent had my period yet. L is 6 months now. Perhaps it might be coming.... At least that might explain me being an emotional wreck!

Feeling emotionally fragile is the hardest I think, I definitely feel much better than at the start but I'm much more emotional!

Was literally exhausted yesterday with period, must have been hormones, but after a good sleep feel better and crime scene levels of bleeding has turned into a light level, yeay😄

This has just crept up on me the last week or 2. I've been pretty ok the last couple months. I'm actually hoping it might be my period now as that could explain it! Otherwise I don't know what to blame :(

• Advertisement

My little one is so cranky and unsettled the last few days I think it might be a growth spurt maybe she is feeding a lot, she wants to see you all the time too I can't put her down in her pram for 2minutes without her screaming the house down, my 1st was never like that :-(

Our little guy is very unsettled the past few days, think it's a growth spurt but also possibly early teething signs, drooling A LOT! He was 12 weeks on Tues!

Poor mammy has her hair coming out a lot, drying it this morning I had to stop brushing it to try and keep some attached to my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

Hi Smokey, isnt the hair thing the worst!! I went through several days trying to convince myself that all my hair wasnt all falling out. I actually got bald patches at the sides of my hairline from the clumps coming out. Showers were such drama I dreaded washing my hair. In the end got multivitamins that help strengthen hair from the pharmacy and its eased off a LOT now. Whew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So my little baby was born on Monday (early, here EDD was Oct 7) and we were allowed home today. I'll have many questions (as always) and will turn to your ladies for help!! -) my most time up to date one is SNEEZING!
    Bloody hell, how can a simple sneeze make you feel like the world is coming to an end?
    I was very lucky and suffered very little in terms of damage during delivery, I got a first degree tear / scrape and didn't need any stitches. I also only have one or maybe two piles as a result. So overall things there are good. So this evening I went to sneeze and felt like my insides were going to pop out of me and it was sore!
    No bladder weakness thankfully but this sneezing business, how long does that last for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

So my little baby was born on Monday (early, here EDD was Oct 7) and we were allowed home today. I'll have many questions (as always) and will turn to your ladies for help!! -) my most time up to date one is SNEEZING!
    Bloody hell, how can a simple sneeze make you feel like the world is coming to an end?
    I was very lucky and suffered very little in terms of damage during delivery, I got a first degree tear / scrape and didn't need any stitches. I also only have one or maybe two piles as a result. So overall things there are good. So this evening I went to sneeze and felt like my insides were going to pop out of me and it was sore!
    No bladder weakness thankfully but this sneezing business, how long does that last for?[/QUOT

Awh congrats. I forgot about sneezing same thing happened me both times for some reason. with no 2 i went straight to chemist after being discharged from hospital and bought actifed (i wasnt breastfeeding) . I remember with no 1. folding my nose if i felt a sneeze coming on to try stop it.

Massive congratulations Penny Dreadful. Delighted for ye :)

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Massive congratulations Penny Dreadful. Delighted for ye :)

Congrats! I just tried to suppress sneezes when I could!!

We brought baba for a 12 week checkup with community nurse today, she's referring us to physio because she said the back of his head is getting flat as he's on his back or in his chair rocker with his head against it a fair amount and their skulls are easily shaped when they're young. Basically he needs more tummy time and time lying on his side to help correct this. Neither of us had ever read or been told about this so we were really surprised but after looking it up it's supposedly quite common, poor little guy:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    Congrats! I just tried to suppress sneezes when I could!!

We brought baba for a 12 week checkup with community nurse today, she's referring us to physio because she said the back of his head is getting flat as he's on his back or in his chair rocker with his head against it a fair amount and their skulls are easily shaped when they're young. Basically he needs more tummy time and time lying on his side to help correct this. Neither of us had ever read or been told about this so we were really surprised but after looking it up it's supposedly quite common, poor little guy:(

My lil guy had this. Thanks to another boardies advice. I put him in a sling alot. Used a bumbo (i know these are controversial) and even lay him on his side in travel cot for day time naps and during the night i would turn his head to the none favoured side (he normally turned it straight back but uf he was in a deep enough sleep he woundnt) . and at his last check (2 weeks ago) they were very happy and discharged us.

He hated tummy time so didnt get much of it tbh. Loves it now though. I used to get my 2 yr old involved (he LOVES her) so he would stick it out for a lil longer laughing and trying to grab at her. But your talking 2 mins max.

Massive congratulations penny x sneezing and coughing after you have a baby is hell oh my god I spent more time trying not to sneeze or cough between thinking I was going to put my back out to my insides coming out was awful 10weeks on though all is good thank god x

I think all babies hate tummy time i know my eldest hated it and my baby hates it too put her on her tummy and she screams the house down x

Suucee wrote: »
    My lil guy had this. Thanks to another boardies advice. I put him in a sling alot. Used a bumbo (i know these are controversial) and even lay him on his side in travel cot for day time naps and during the night i would turn his head to the none favoured side (he normally turned it straight back but uf he was in a deep enough sleep he woundnt) . and at his last check (2 weeks ago) they were very happy and discharged us.

He hated tummy time so didnt get much of it tbh. Loves it now though. I used to get my 2 yr old involved (he LOVES her) so he would stick it out for a lil longer laughing and trying to grab at her. But your talking 2 mins max.

Ah thanks, delighted you were able to fix it, fingers crossed we'll do ok!

• Advertisement

Suucee wrote: »

We were warned about it at the ante natal physio class I attended. The physio suggested alternating the end of the cot or Moses basket you put the baby down to sleep each time they go down. It means that the side of the head they sleep on is easily alternated and can help prevent this.

We were warned about it at the ante natal physio class I attended. The physio suggested alternating the end of the cot or Moses basket you put the baby down to sleep each time they go down. It means that the side of the head they sleep on is easily alternated and can help prevent this.

We bought the pillow that takes 50% of the pressure off his head and he seems to love it which is great! Making sure he spends loads more time in a position that isn't putting pressure on his head and hopefully physio will ring in next few weeks!

Freaked myself out there as I had some very light bleeding today, so scant you could miss it but felt the dread until my mum pointed out you can get that midcycle, either I've never had it before or I've never noticed!! Only 9 days I think after period but supposedly shows up before or during ovulation and can last a couple of days! Have that mittelschmerz stitch like pain since last night so seems about right!

So my lovely little girl is now 9 days old and I am still quite taken aback at how exhausted I am and everything is.
    Because she came early I had no time off to chill out and relax, she arrived on the Monday of my last week so that might have had something to do with that.

The hormone drop off is unreal. It's like you're pushed off the edge of a cliff without any warning. I feel myself get better each day which us great but it's such a slow process.
    The bleeding, I am so over that but it's not too bad and I'm hoping won't last too long?

As it is now I generally head to bed at 10pm and my husband feeds her and outs her down at 12. She might wake then at 2:30 for a feed which I give and again at 5/6am. Then she goes down until 7:30 or so which isn't bed I think for a newborn?

I am breast feeding but didn't get off to the best start for a variety of reasons so the baby has had a mix and match of mostly breast and some Aptimel top ups. I hate not knowing how much she is getting exactly but the wet and dirty nappy output shows the rational part of my brain that she is doing fine.

I look at her now snoozing beside me and find it hard to believe that such a gorgeous perfect little thing is mine! There is such a stunning conflict of emotions and feelings in these early days isn't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Congratulations! Enjoy every moment. It doesn't seem fair how exhausting it is to have a newborn but it's not for ever and be sure to ask for help, people love to help. :)
    So my lovely little girl is now 9 days old and I am still quite taken aback at how exhausted I am and everything is.
    Because she came early I had no time off to chill out and relax, she arrived on the Monday of my last week so that might have had something to do with that.

The hormone drop off is unreal. It's like you're pushed off the edge of a cliff without any warning. I feel myself get better each day which us great but it's such a slow process.
    The bleeding, I am so over that but it's not too bad and I'm hoping won't last too long?

As it is now I generally head to bed at 10pm and my husband feeds her and outs her down at 12. She might wake then at 2:30 for a feed which I give and again at 5/6am. Then she goes down until 7:30 or so which isn't bed I think for a newborn?

I am breast feeding but didn't get off to the best start for a variety of reasons so the baby has had a mix and match of mostly breast and some Aptimel top ups. I hate not knowing how much she is getting exactly but the wet and dirty nappy output shows the rational part of my brain that she is doing fine.

I look at her now snoozing beside me and find it hard to believe that such a gorgeous perfect little thing is mine! There is such a stunning conflict of emotions and feelings in these early days isn't there?

How are you today smokey you less freaked out x

penny hormones are awful from sudden highs to lows its crazy but it does get better rrust me x

How are you today smokey you less freaked out x

penny hormones are awful from sudden highs to lows its crazy but it does get better rrust me x

I'm ok! Discharge went a very thin yellow, seems normal enough for me but Doc should be calling me today about changing over doc's to her so I'll just ask to be sure!

Just ask to be sure but seems ok I would say hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Cameoette

The hormone drop off is unreal. It's like you're pushed off the edge of a cliff without any warning.

Hey Penny, my little girl is 3 weeks today so just ahead of you. I finally stopped crying every day just about a week ago, I could not believe how awful I felt! I was beginning to think it was PND but as I'm doing better each day now I put it down to just regular baby blues, but I found it so, SO tough. I was worried about every little thing, afraid I was a bad mother, worried she would get sick, you name it I worried about it! I was overwhelmed just by how much I loved her one minute, and the next minute I felt overwhelmed by having this little person so reliant on me.

I'm breastfeeding too and started off topping up with Aptamil just like yourself. I had a pretty traumatic delivery and then a haemorrhage after so milk was slow to build up supply but just to let you know things got much better for me supply wise and she's just breastfed now, topping up was great for me though because it meant my partner could take over for a bit and help me recover from the labour. We didn't set out to drop the combo feeding it just kind of happened over a few days. I would have been happy to continue it either. She was 10lb 4oz so a lot of midwives said she was 'too hungry' just to be breastfed but she's gaining weight and doing just fine.

Anyway I could have written your post! At 3 weeks now I feel a bit better every day and slowly me and my little lady are getting into a kind of chaotic routine, almost :D xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

So back from my six week check up where I had the surprise of getting bits burned off my nether regions! Not quite as awful as it sounds but pretty grim. Apparently my episiomoty scar had over-healed and grown some extra 'granular tissue' which the doctor promptly burned off with silver nitrate. It stings like heck, as you can imagine. I need to go back in a few weeks to make sure it us all gone - did anyone else have this and did you need a second round of the silver nitrate? Really hoping I don't need to get another dose of it, ouchy!

Advertisement