Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable light fixing for coving lighting trough

Options
  • 10-07-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Im having a coving lighting trough fitted to a double height ceiling in a landing area. Can anyone advise what type of lighting I should use in the trough - its 20m perimeter.
    The light will be set about 4" below the ceiling and I wnat it to be a strong enough to be seen on the ceiling above.
    Different electrical shops have all offered different products from LED rope lights, to LED strips, to tube lighting..... and all quite pricey!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

daisymac wrote: »
    Im having a coving lighting trough fitted to a double height ceiling in a landing area. Can anyone advise what type of lighting I should use in the trough - its 20m perimeter.
    The light will be set about 4" below the ceiling and I wnat it to be a strong enough to be seen on the ceiling above.
    Different electrical shops have all offered different products from LED rope lights, to LED strips, to tube lighting..... and all quite pricey!

it is quite pricey, and there are some crappy LED strips out there.

You could try flexi neon from fantasy lighting in dublin, or the higher grade LED strip from http://futureled.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 daisymac

Thanks very much stoner - spoke to the guy from futureled.ie - seems to know his stuff with regards to what I need, so hopefully will get sorted from them.
    He's suggested their flexible LED strips (€24.99 for 5m length) plus a 100W transformer for about €30 - so pricewise, not too bad.

Advertisement