Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre cabinet installation

Options
  • 10-07-2014 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey,

My area (Rathcoole) is enabled for fibre since April. A number of cabnets have been installed and the Eircom Wholesale map shows that there are plans for efibre cabinets in my estate. To date I am yet to see any sign of the cabinets being installed. Is there any way to get a timeframe or the installation of efibre cabinets in areas where the exchange has gone live?

Thanks

Grudle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Grudle wrote: »
    Hey,

My area (Rathcoole) is enabled for fibre since April. A number of cabnets have been installed and the Eircom Wholesale map shows that there are plans for efibre cabinets in my estate. To date I am yet to see any sign of the cabinets being installed. Is there any way to get a timeframe or the installation of efibre cabinets in areas where the exchange has gone live?

Thanks

Grudle
    Hi Grudle

The efibre map on our website indicates the date of the commencement of efibre roll-out is in a particular area. However as the work is done on a phased basis not all addresses are enabled at the same time as different cabinets are enabled at different times. Currently some cabinets are live, while others are still at the planning stage in your area.

Unfortunately I am unable to give time frames for when individual cabinets will be installed or when individual addresses can avail of efibre.

The attached link is constantly updated as addresses are enabled

Check availability

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement