Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dismantle a treadmill

Options
  • 10-07-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hope its ok to post this

Moving house and have a treadmill to dismantle and put back together again. Inishowen area. Impossible to find anyone to do thid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I assume it came flatpack and not pre-assembled? If so it should only be a matter of a few screws/disconnecting a few leads. Anyone competent with a screwdriver should be capable of doing it. Found this person in Letterkenny that may travel:

http://media-eu.viva-images.com/vivastreet_ie/clad/e0/8/100547522/large/1.jpg?dt=c6252d68a49b84d57dac859de87a8665

I've no connection/opinion on the trader, first thing found on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭petals rocks1

Hmmmmm
    Its a proper treadmill costing one thousand pound. Really heavy parts in it. Im a female. Took three men to carry and assemble it. Thanks thou

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

is there no way you could transport it to your new house without taking it apart might never be the same if you take it apart

Unfortunately there is no way in the world. Not possible for any hulk hogans x 3 to move it in one piece! Plus its to big even on its side to fit out the door! Got the proper mill when bought one. Now ive this trouble. If onlu was that easy.

Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Who assembled it initially?

• Advertisement

The place where I bought it from had it delivered to me and for an extra 60 € three men struggled to bring it inside.(in three big separate pieces) Took them about 25 min or so once lugged in to assemble it

Its a well known sports store where I purchased it . I rang them on friday asking could I have someone dismantle and re assemble as they would have the tools to do this. Told the lady i would obviously pay the fee and give an tip of 20 € (!!) To which i was told they dont do this service once its in the house and put together. I then asked could she give me a contact number if she knew someone who could do this to which she said she didnt know anyone.

When i lived down the country this same store provides this service and could give me the name of someone to look at the treadmill when it was hit by lightning (which killed the mill altogether) so that was scrapped til i bought a new one in donegal 4 mths ago. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Not very good customer services on their part especially given the price you paid for it. I would give them another ring and you might speak to someone else who is a bit more helpful. Maybe a gym or leisure center might be able to help with contact numbers

Advertisement