Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA Teh Movie

• 10-07-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2814362/

Once football was all about small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts. Rush goalie. Two at the back, three in the middle, four up front. Passion, fun, enjoyment. This is the story of the men who took football from that and changed it. A group of wholly honest and deeply ethical men who had a dream and, to achieve that dream, established the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA). Driven by their determination to lead football into a brighter, bigger future, the trustworthy and wholly honest Sepp Blatter, Jules Rimet, and Joao Havelange overcame their doubts and fought obstacles and scandals to make FIFA and the World Cup a reality. Spanning the tumultuous 20th Century, this timeless saga will tell the story of how an organization currently mired in entirely unsubstantiated accusations of scandal and corruption started their journey to that destination.

Not sure if this is a comedy or a horror.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's fly keeper not 'rush goalie' :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 HSAJT

One of the most ridiculous paragraphs I ever read. Well I didn't make it past the line about them being

"A group of wholly honest and deeply ethical men..." (And the other parts in bold)

I for one hope some evidence soon emerges around the "unsubstantiated accusations" and maybe then we won't have a World Cup in Qatar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Any time I hear tell of this FIFA film now, I think back to this post and laugh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think Sepp Blatter is a typo unless he's 120ish.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

HSAJT wrote: »
    One of the most ridiculous paragraphs I ever read. Well I didn't make it past the line about them being

"A group of wholly honest and deeply ethical men..." (And the other parts in bold)

I for one hope some evidence soon emerges around the "unsubstantiated accusations" and maybe then we won't have a World Cup in Qatar
    You do realise that summary is a joke piece?

• Advertisement
Advertisement