Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Newcastle West. What's going on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Its in Newcastle West.

Can you believe it!

Friend in Killeline heights posted me this pivk

Results are wired connection

Not great though.

It be closer to 50 off a wired connection I'd say, that's off his phone by the looks of the picture...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Kencollins wrote: »
    It couldn't be a wired connection if it is a mobile screenshot!
    Your right it's smartphone screenshot, it's 36mb down 12mb up with wired on pc, eircom technician said the wiring in the house was dodgy, reason why it's not that fast.

Upload is decent though.

When the whole town be live though, that's the question!

Cabinet near the Church, Beechwood, Arra View etc are still not live.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rg370

testicle wrote: »
    Originally posted by rg370
    Make sure to get back to us when the technician doesn't turn up. Mine was first marked to be installed today the 13th and has since been pushed back to the 25th or 26th. I'm expecting further delays to be honest.

Mine was installed this morning, as promised. I can't use it yet, because I've no modem, but Eircom are allegedly sending it out via GLS tomorrow. :mad:
    He actually arrived? and didn't bring a modem? 

I have a modem that can handle fibre so I should be covered. Have had about 5 or 6 Eircom routers, all ****, so I just bought my own. I'm sure he will insist on using theirs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭orangetoad

When the whole town be live though, that's the question!

Cabinet near the Church, Beechwood, Arra View etc are still not live.
    another waiting game :mad:

• Advertisement

orangetoad wrote: »

Maybe the Eircom reps could help us here?

They were suppose to come back with info this week, it's now Friday!

indeed, any eircom reps who can enlighten us on when the rest of the cabinets will go live ?

indeed, any eircom reps who can enlighten us on when the rest of the cabinets will go live ?
    Probably better off emailing these guys.

http://knnetworkservices.com/projects/multi-media-installations/eircom-nga/

5 pages in and still not a half decent answer off the automated Eircom Representatives here.

Originally posted by rg370
    Make sure to get back to us when the technician doesn't turn up. Mine was first marked to be installed today the 13th and has since been pushed back to the 25th or 26th. I'm expecting further delays to be honest.

Mine was installed this morning, as promised. I can't use it yet, because I've no modem, but Eircom are allegedly sending it out via GLS tomorrow. :mad:
    Hows the fibre going for you?

I'm beginning to think they ****ed up the efibre installation and testicle now has no internet. 

• Advertisement

rg370 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think they ****ed up the efibre installation and testicle now has no internet. 
    maybe he is too busy downloading stuff :)

maybe he is too busy downloading stuff :)
    Possibly, I'm still gonna go with he has no internet access :D

http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

Map has been updated, but worryingly no completion date on the rest of the cabinets in the town.

I fear they will do a Wicklow, Killarney, Castleisland, job on us!!

Enable 70% of the town, then move onto the next town and leave the rest hanging, they are doing this all over the country.

Only enabling certain parts of the town and moving on.

Can reps here answer this?

This is my 5th time asking this question

ah seriously ?? :mad: ..... yes, an eircom rep please !

Reps!!

Why are eircom and knn only activating parts of towns for efibre and leaving the rest of town high and dry?

Why are ye sticking two fingers up to 40% of towns all over the country?

What kind of business model is that?

Pissing off nearly half the population of every town in the country!!

People take offence when John down the road can get fibre internet and Mary 400 metres away can't and no reason given.

Customers won't forget that treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Any others in NCW got eFibre up and running and want to post up some speeds, stats etc.

Any others in NCW got eFibre up and running and want to post up some speeds, stats etc.
    I'm getting it on the 25th of August(4 days) apparently. I was meant to get it the 13th but it got delayed. I will post a speed test as soon as I get it.

I'm getting it on the 25th of August(4 days) apparently. I was meant to get it the 13th but it got delayed. I will post a speed test as soon as I get it.
    Who are you with?

Who are you with?
    I'm with Eircom...are there other companies offering fibre in town?

Who are you with?
    I'm with Eircom...are there other companies offering fibre in town?
    yeah.. vodafone etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

3706725097.png

wired or wireless? how far from cabinet ? that doesn't look great :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lfc79

Anyone any experience of Vodafone installing fibre broadband in Newcastle West? Fed up of dealing with Eircom, a crap existing broadband service and then messing up an eFibre order with the port on the cabinet not being set up for my address, getting the run around off them ever since so would gladly dump them in favour of vodafone if anyone has had any experience with them doing a fibre install?

Friend in Killeline heights is even worse.

318364.jpg

No one in the town has above 50mb, I have tried a few phone numbers in each area of the town and it's saying max 50mb on the Eircom line checker.

lfc79 wrote: »
    Anyone any experience of Vodafone installing fibre broadband in Newcastle West? Fed up of dealing with Eircom, a crap existing broadband service and then messing up an eFibre order with the port on the cabinet not being set up for my address, getting the run around off them ever since so would gladly dump them in favour of vodafone if anyone has had any experience with them doing a fibre install?
    vodafone are using the exact same infrastructure and installers as eircom so your going to get the same thing but probably better tech and help support

Those speeds don't look too great. I'm 200M from my cabinet and it says I can only get 50Mb. Looking at those VDSL graphs you should be able to get around 100Mb as far as 400M from the cabinet. They probably ****ed something up and won't fix it for years.

They have pushed back my installation date another day to the 26th now. I couldn't really care less about it at this stage it's been such a long time and those speeds are nothing to get excited about.

Its possible Eircom are throttling the speeds !! Also vectoring might not be switched on yet. Even with a distance of over 400m and average copper line quality you should achieve over 70Mb

Vectoring is not turned on yet.

Vectoring is not turned on yet.
    Did the technician say that or did you see it somewhere online? And did you hear when they will be enabling it?

• Advertisement

See the attached, I have a Whitebox, and I pulled the attached from it. What speeds are you expecting exactly?
    Did the technician say that or did you see it somewhere online? And did you hear when they will be enabling it?
    I just don't see it in my router, it would say it if it was enabled I believe.

Advertisement