Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Newcastle West. What's going on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rg370

testicle wrote: »
    orangetoad wrote: »
    wired or wireless? how far from cabinet ? that doesn't look great :/
    See the attached, I have a Whitebox, and I pulled the attached from it. What speeds are you expecting exactly?
    rg370 wrote: »
    Did the technician say that or did you see it somewhere online? And did you hear when they will be enabling it?
    I just don't see it in my router, it would say it if it was enabled I believe.
    How far are you from the cabinet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

As the crow flies, about 240m

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭orangetoad

thats not bad ! hovering under the 50Mb mark.

I'm 200M from it so I might hit the 50Mb. I'm going to ask the technician if/when he comes on Tuesday about vectoring.

do that... he will also have a meter to read line quality. you should ask for the stats while he's there

• Advertisement

I got a text yesterday from the technician to say he would be here to install it this morning, today the 26th. Tuesdays are my busiest days so I had to re-schedule everything and guess what!? Nobody shows up and I'm left waiting around all day He's text me 3 or 4 times in the last two weeks with updates and he didn't even have the common courtesy to text me today to say he won't be coming?!?! 

What the hell is wrong with this company?! It's like everything they do is to make their customers blood boil on purpose. I just don't know what to say anymore. Completely fed up. The whole company from top to bottom is the worst, most unprofessional, most incompetent and ignorant I've ever seen! Is there any sort of management structure in this joke of company?

If he didn't arrive today does that mean he will show tomorrow or what's the story?

They should have contacted me to inform me why he didn't turn up and when he will be coming, if ever. Since this is Eircom I assume I have to contact them, waste more of my time waiting and talking on the phone, as if waiting all day wasn't bad enough!

UPDATE
    Furious! I called customer support at about 5PM, they said a technician can still come out until 6PM so just wait until then and call back if he doesn't arrive.

He doesn't arrive at 6 so I call again and this time someone told me he may call out as late at 7:30PM and to call back if he doesn't arrive because they are open until 8PM and they can lodge some notice/complaint with eFibre operations and the technicians have a lot of overtime to complete.

He doesn't arrive at 7:30 and I call again and this call took over 20 mins to get through to someone and eventually I'm told they can't access any information about eFibre orders because that department closed at 6:30!!!???

Why did the employee tell me to call back at 7:30? Did he not know eFibre operations were closed at 6:30?! Is everyone in this company living in different universes? How can things be so unorganised! What a complete waste of a whole day, this cost me time and money and still no fibre internet to show for it. I'm absolutely furious!

After 33 minutes on the phone this morning I finally find out they have suspended operations on the cabinet for 30 days, in other words 100 days at least since this is Eircom! How long have they known this for?

Do they not have automated messaging systems so they can automatically contact everyone who has an order related to this broken cabinet? Instead we have to waste more of our time contacting them to find out what's going on! I'm not the only one who has had a no-show technician around here and I've heard of it in other places too. This is costing people money waiting around all day for someone who was never going to arrive in the first place.

I was correct in thinking even more would go wrong the day before the installation. I have zero confidence in Eircom. I might get it by Christmas...2015 if I'm lucky.

They are quick to take your money and get you in a new contract but can't deliver. They are full of lies, false promises and exaggerated claims.

Thats scandalous ! if they were just up front and tell us whats going on then it wouldnt be so frustrating. waiting for a call out from a technician and taking time out from your day and then never show up ? only in Ireland would that happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

After 33 minutes on the phone this morning I finally find out they have suspended operations on the cabinet for 30 days, in other words 100 days at least since this is Eircom! How long have they known this for?

Do they not have automated messaging systems so they can automatically contact everyone who has an order related to this broken cabinet? Instead we have to waste more of our time contacting them to find out what's going on! I'm not the only one who has had a no-show technician around here and I've heard of it in other places too. This is costing people money waiting around all day for someone who was never going to arrive in the first place.

I was correct in thinking even more would go wrong the day before the installation. I have zero confidence in Eircom. I might get it by Christmas...2015 if I'm lucky.

They are quick to take your money and get you in a new contract but can't deliver. They are full of lies, false promises and exaggerated claims.
    What's the cabinet? 

I am in Beechwood and they have no idea when cabinet here will be ready.

With the winter and the rain coming, I would go with spring 2015 for the rest of the town.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

What's the cabinet? 

I am in Beechwood and they have no idea when cabinet here will be ready.

With the winter and the rain coming, I would go with spring 2015 for the rest of the town.
    The cabinet closest to the corner deli. Spring 2015 sounds a bit early to be honest.

• Advertisement

I was told two weeks ago on the phone someone would be in contact with me in a couple of days about the status of the cabinet and of course I've heard nothing. They love to say they'll contact you soon so you'll go away for a while. I have no idea what's going on with the cabinet or my order. I better not get billed for any of this, it's already cost me money and I have nothing to show for it.

Eircom reps I demand to know what's going on with cabinet NWT1_002 in Newcastle West now! This is just gone beyond ridiculous. It goes live over a year off schedule, I order it, technician contacts me 3 or 4 times in two weeks changing the installation date, a confirmation message is sent to me on the 25th notifying me he would be here in the morning, I have the day taken off work, wait around all day and no show and nobody contact's me to tell me he won't be coming, have to call Eircom 3 times that day to find out what's going on and nothing I was told helped any bit, the last call took 20 minutes to get through and when I get through I'm told they can't help me because efibre operations are closed an hour ago even though when I called a few hours before that an employee said to call back at that time!!! I was told the next day someone would contact me in a couple of days with more information on the matter and that brings us here because of course no one contacted me!

I was told two weeks ago on the phone someone would be in contact with me in a couple of days about the status of the cabinet and of course I've heard nothing. They love to say they'll contact you soon so you'll go away for a while. I have no idea what's going on with the cabinet or my order. I better not get billed for any of this, it's already cost me money and I have nothing to show for it.

Eircom reps I demand to know what's going on with cabinet NWT1_002 in Newcastle West now! This is just gone beyond ridiculous. It goes live over a year off schedule, I order it, technician contacts me 3 or 4 times in two weeks changing the installation date, a confirmation message is sent to me on the 25th notifying me he would be here in the morning, I have the day taken off work, wait around all day and no show and nobody contact's me to tell me he won't be coming, have to call Eircom 3 times that day to find out what's going on and nothing I was told helped any bit, the last call took 20 minutes to get through and when I get through I'm told they can't help me because efibre operations are closed an hour ago even though when I called a few hours before that an employee said to call back at that time!!! I was told the next day someone would contact me in a couple of days with more information on the matter and that brings us here because of course no one contacted me!
    You will be waiting a good while rg370, by the looks of it.

My neighbour works for KNN and they are being moved out of Newcastle West and back into the Limerick city and starting up Askeaton for the next while.( notice all the van's are gone, was a good few in town in August )

They are way understaffed he was telling me and are constantly being moved around the country.He is pissed off too, because his area isn't live either and if they were left in town they could have it up running pretty quickly.

They are contracted to Eircom, what can you do.

My neighbour works for KNN and they are being moved out of Newcastle West and back into the Limerick city and starting up Askeaton for the next while.( notice all the van's are gone, was a good few in town in August )

They are way understaffed he was telling me and are constantly being moved around the country.He is pissed off too, because his area isn't live either and if they were left in town they could have it up running pretty quickly.

Wouldn't you think they'd just finish what they are doing before they move onto a new area. Leaving places partially complete just causes customers to get angry. 

Wouldn't you think they'd just finish what they are doing before they move onto a new area. Leaving places partially complete just causes customers to get angry. 
    I know yeah, that's why they are almost bankrupt.

They done the exact same thing all over the country.

Wicklow, Killarney, Thurles, all the same, many pissed off when you go through the threads here and other sites.

They just want to colour out that stupid map and advertise through comreg etc that they have these number of town's/lines live.

Would love to see the route plans made up by the fibre team.

<snip> off-topic nonsense removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Can confirm nothing seen around Askeaton for a good while now, only Eircom line checker still saying eFibre will be available Aug'14 and the wholesale site saying Winter '14 for live services so surprise, surprise - yet another town to add to the ever growing list of false dawns and procrastination by Eircom.

Any eircom reps on here like to comment ? ye are very quiet lately :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

What the hell is going on in Newcastle West!!

Why are only half the cabinets live?

What are Eircom at?

Town went live according to the misleading map in the summer, it's nearly christmas now.

What's the point turning half the town on? And leaving the rest high and dry?

I'm hearing now rest of the town won't be turned on until Summer 2015.

1 year after other customers.

Why are Eircom deliberately pissing off and alienating customers?

Please respond to my questions please with proper answers, not condensing automated gibberish that I have got off your efibre operations team on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

thierry14 wrote: »
    What the hell is going on in Newcastle West!!

Why are only half the cabinets live?

What are Eircom at?

Town went live according to the misleading map in the summer, it's nearly christmas now.

What's the point turning half the town on? And leaving the rest high and dry?

I'm hearing now rest of the town won't be turned on until Summer 2015.

1 year after other customers.

Please respond to my questions please with proper answers, not condensing automated gibberish that I have got off your efibre operations team on the phone.
    I'll second all of the above.

Beechwood/Meadow Court was the first cabinet built yet still is not activated. 

Its an absolute disgrace, and can only happen due to Eircom's monopoly of the infrastructure in the area. 

What will it take to make Eircom get the finger out and complete the rest of the cabinets? They all have power and fibre run to them already, its just a matter of putting them into operation.

I can't wait for the day that ESB/Vodafone offer FTTH in Newcastle West.

All the cabinets are 'ready' in NCW, the problem is that eircom are purposely delaying switching on half the cabinets so that installers can fulfill connection requests on the 'Live' cabinets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 cool666

If you go to the the eircom wholesale website. The green spots are up and running and blue is in planning stage. 

Not so, the blue cabinets are 'ready' i.e no more work to be done on them, all cabling complete. The 'orange' cabinets are in planning stage.

There might be movement...I just saw the cable ducting team parked up on the hill into beechwood/meadow court with a big reel of light blue cable. I am fairly sure that the light blue stuff is fibre!

Kencollins wrote: »
    There might be movement...I just saw the cable ducting team parked up on the hill into beechwood/meadow court with a big reel of light blue cable. I am fairly sure that the light blue stuff is fibre!

Yeah noticed KNN boys there as well, looks like the fibre cabling is being put down for the main road there or maybe beechwood nursing home.

Its a good sign anyway, if it stops raining I might go ask them ☺

Yeah noticed KNN boys there as well, looks like the fibre cabling is being put down for the main road there or maybe beechwood nursing home.

Its a good sign anyway, if it stops raining I might go ask them ☺

I'm away for the day, but I reckon you should go and see if they will activate beechwood for us!

Kencollins wrote: »
    I'm away for the day, but I reckon you should go and see if they will activate beechwood for us!

Was talking to the two lads pulling in the cable Ken they said the cabinet is done, all cabling is finished, it was the 2nd cabinet to be installed\finished in the town, they are surprised too its not being activated.

They said eircom head office have to activate the cabinet, which they could do tomorrow.They agreed it was strange behavior from Eircom.

They were putting in cable for businesses across the street today, Sheehan's, Centra etc I imagine they were talking about, maybe beechwood house too.

I'm incredibly pissed off after talking to them, it's clear Eircom are deliberately discriminating certain parts of the town.

I've 100% given up on the whole thing. I created this post months ago and I've just been fed lies and false promises every time I wasted my time contacting Eircom. Words can't even describe how awful this company is from top to bottom. I've never seen the likes of it in my life, especially the customer support, jesus christ it's just a complete joke.

The last I heard from Eircom was when I called them because the technician never arrived and I waited at home all day(cost me a days work). They said they'd contact me within the next week to sort it out(some money off the next bill, yeah right...) and also I would be notified about the status of the cabinet in the next 30 days. It's been about two months since then and I've heard nothing of course, ignorant c*nts.

Reps?

Why aren't yee answering our questions?

About 20 threads today were answered and this one was skipped!

Why?

I guess I will have start emailing/ ringing communication managers Chris Kelly + Dearbhaill Rossiter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]Hi[/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif] [/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]I can understand the disappointment created by this but unfortunately we do not have a time frame available to us at the moment & we are unable to offer an indication of when it could be right now. [/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]I have spoken to eFibre operations who reckon a new realise of planes will be available to us in 2015 if you would like to check back early 2015 & we may have information of this.[/font]

Sorry it's not better news.

Thanks
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 lfc79

What's a "realise of planes"?

Are you currently also awaiting a delivery of fresh Oompa Loompas in Eircom Orange to spread their magical pixie dust over Newcastle West or is the timing of this top secret as well?
    [font=Verdana", "sans-serif]Hi[/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]I can understand the disappointment created by this but unfortunately we do not have a time frame available to us at the moment & we are unable to offer an indication of when it could be right now. [/font]

[font=Verdana", "sans-serif]I have spoken to eFibre operations who reckon a new realise of planes will be available to us in 2015 if you would like to check back early 2015 & we may have information of this.[/font]

Sorry it's not better news.

Thanks
    Ash

Advertisement