Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Newcastle West. What's going on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rg370

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Anyone got an update or call back on Newcastle West efibre?

Suppose to be live today!

I rang the sales rep I deal with and he said there has been a delay and it's looking like October/ early November.

Said they are putting in more cabinets in town.
    All I can do is laugh at this stage at how unbelievable the whole thing is. Been waiting since LAST summer for this. Constantly getting push back.

That October/early November is just another lie to keep us happy. They've been doing it for the last year. That time frame means we have no idea what we are doing so we will just tell them another month or two. Sick of it at this stage. 

They won't even tell us what's causing this HUGE delay because it's all their fault. ****ed the whole thing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭liam24

I thought privatization was supposed to improve public services, eircom are a joke.

Does anyone actually know if the cabinets marked on the map on the eircom wholesale website are actually "in place", you know, the ones that are "expected to go live 06/08/14", which is today.

There is a new orange mark on the map now, seems to be where the main telephone exchange for the town is, and it says "cabinet planned", that means it won't be installed until 2016 probably, sure what's another year, we've already had to wait more than one.

I'm actually starting to think it will never come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

rg370 wrote: »
    Does anyone actually know if the cabinets marked on the map on the eircom wholesale website are actually "in place", you know, the ones that are "expected to go live 06/08/14", which is today.

There is a new orange mark on the map now, seems to be where the main telephone exchange for the town is, and it says "cabinet planned", that means it won't be installed until 2016 probably, sure what's another year, we've already had to wait more than one.

I'm actually starting to think it will never come.

Sooner they go Bankrupt and close shop the better.

Biggest town in Limerick and look how we are treated.

Wouldn't surprise me if the rep spun me bull**** about October.

We will have 4g before efibre at this stage, I will be joining Vodafone when my contract is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭orangetoad

What ??? October now ? what a joke. Why the big delay in NCW ? i just cant understand it, i wish some eircom rep would just give us some useful information on this, surely someone in eircom can explain whats going on  :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

orangetoad wrote: »
    What ??? October now ? what a joke. Why the big delay in NCW ? i just cant understand it, i wish some eircom rep would just give us some useful information on this, surely someone in eircom can explain whats going on  :/
    Hi Guys
    we have been advised that the rollout [font=Calibri","sans-serif]plan shows  that Newcastle west has a ready for order date of 6th August. This would mean that approx 40% of the cabinets in this area should be live from 6th Aug. I have asked for more information on this.
    Tony [/font]

Hi Guys
    we have been advised that the rollout plan shows  that Newcastle west has a ready for order date of 6th August. This would mean that approx 40% of the cabinets in this area should be live from 6th Aug. I have asked for more information on this.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony.

I went through the ordering process last night all the way to the end, about 4 different steps. I scheduled to have it installed on the 13th of August in the morning. Someone is supposed to contact me within two days. 

Heard nothing yet today. I'm not too confident about it because I've heard people waiting over two months for this call. Let's hope it's not one of those cases.

Hi Guys
    we have been advised that the rollout plan shows  that Newcastle west has a ready for order date of 6th August. This would mean that approx 40% of the cabinets in this area should be live from 6th Aug. I have asked for more information on this.
    Tony
    Thanks Tony.

I went through the ordering process last night all the way to the end, about 4 different steps. I scheduled to have it installed on the 13th of August in the morning. Someone is supposed to contact me within two days. 

Heard nothing yet today. I'm not too confident about it because I've heard people waiting over two months for this call. Let's hope it's not one of those cases.
    Hi rg370
    can you PM me with your line or order number and I can take a look. I should be able to update you.
    Tony

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Thanks for the reply Tony. Any idea when the rest of the cabinets will go live ? unfortunately mine is still in the WIP stage

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Thanks for the reply Tony. Any idea when the rest of the cabinets will go live ? unfortunately mine is still in the WIP stage
    I have asked for timeline on these orangetoad and hope to be able to provide some details next week.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Guys
    Tony
    I have asked for timeline on these orangetoad and hope to be able to provide some details next week.
    Tony
    ok thanks. If i remember correctly NCW was due to have efibre this time last year. Roughly every two months from that time it was promised and not delivered. If we had a definite time frame window of completion then it wouldn't be so frustrating.

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Tony
    ok thanks. If i remember correctly NCW was due to have efibre this time last year. Roughly every two months from that time it was promised and not delivered. If we had a definite time frame window of completion then it wouldn't be so frustrating.
    Yes that makes sense and unfortunately the changes in roll out dates can cause confusion and some frustration. I hope we can add some clarity here. I will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Tony
    Yes that makes sense and unfortunately the changes in roll out dates can cause confusion and some frustration. I hope we can add some clarity here. I will be back as soon as I can.
    Tony
    ok, cheers

Tony

Please do I am in the 60% of the cabinets that are not live, showing as work in progress.

Whole town has bgot leaflets today saying 100mb of efibre is in Newcastle West, but when I put in my number it says not available, my friend in other part of town is getting his installed on the 12th.

Can you check when the rest of the town are going live please.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

Tony

Please do I am in the 60% of the cabinets that are not live, showing as work in progress.

Whole town has bgot leaflets today saying 100mb of efibre is in Newcastle West, but when I put in my number it says not available, my friend in other part of town is getting his installed on the 12th.

Can you check when the rest of the town are going live please.

Thanks
    Are ye near rathkeale, maybe someone stole the fibre, ........ sorry couldnt resist that one 

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Tony
    Tony
    ok, cheers
    i see efibe for NCW is now listed as active on the eircom website but the cabinet my line is attached to is not active :( any idea when the remaining cabinets will go live ?

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Tony
    Tony
    ok, cheers
    i see efibe for NCW is now listed as active on the eircom website but the cabinet my line is attached to is not active :( any idea when the remaining cabinets will go live ?
    I ordered mine a few days ago. I was first told someone would be out to install it on the 13th of August, and already have been told now it will be the 25th or 26th. 

I'm not actually expecting it to be installed on the new date given to me,  that would be foolish since this is Eircom. I anticipate it will be delayed another couple of times at least.

Hi Guys
    Tony
    Tony
    Tony
    ok, cheers
    I ordered mine a few days ago. I was first told someone would be out to install it on the 13th of August, and already have been told now it will be the 25th or 26th. 

I'm not actually expecting it to be installed on the new date given to me,  that would be foolish since this is Eircom. I anticipate it will be delayed another couple of times at least.
    and your cabinet is fibre active ?

It says on the wholesale site map that it should be live on the 6th. It's still that blue colour and not green but I was able to go through the whole ordering process on the Eircom site after putting in my house phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

It says on the wholesale site map that it should be live on the 6th. It's still that blue colour and not green but I was able to go through the whole ordering process on the Eircom site after putting in my house phone number.
    The maps are updated monthly, I believe.

• Advertisement

well mine still says upto 24mb :(

Tony

Any update here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Tony

Any update here?
    Mine is allegedly being installed tomorrow morning.

testicle wrote: »
    Tony

Any update here?
    Lucky you :)

Tony

Any update here?
    Make sure to get back to us when the technician doesn't turn up. Mine was first marked to be installed today the 13th and has since been pushed back to the 25th or 26th. I'm expecting further delays to be honest.

Tony

Any update here?
    Make sure to get back to us when the technician doesn't turn up. Mine was first marked to be installed today the 13th and has since been pushed back to the 25th or 26th. I'm expecting further delays to be honest.
    Did they ring you or did you have to ring them about a new date?

My father's was suppose to be installed today between 2-4, of course a no show from Eircom.

Not even a txt or phone call.

Tony

Any update here?
    Did they ring you or did you have to ring them about a new date?

My father's was suppose to be installed today between 2-4, of course a no show from Eircom.

Not even a txt or phone call.
    Amazingly they actually text to say the change of date, I didn't even have to ring them first. 

The organisation of this company is the worst I've ever seen, how they managed to actually implement this fibre rollout is a mystery, well I suppose they were over a year off schedule for this town.

Its in Newcastle West.

Can you believe it!

Friend in Killeline heights posted me this pivk

Results are wired connection

Not great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

rg370 wrote:

Mine was installed this morning, as promised. I can't use it yet, because I've no modem, but Eircom are allegedly sending it out via GLS tomorrow. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

It couldn't be a wired connection if it is a mobile screenshot!

Advertisement