Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Newcastle West. What's going on?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭orangetoad

Kencollins wrote: »
    I think my suggestion may have been taken seriously!
    they probably get suggestions like that all the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

orangetoad wrote: »
    Kencollins wrote: »
    I think my suggestion may have been taken seriously!
    they probably get suggestions like that all the time :)
    Unfortunately we do sometimes orangetoad :)

Al

we were supposed to get an update on this in August. Any news an this Alan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Looking at the eircom interactive map, just seems to be a small section of the town left, the date for this seesm to be Jan - Mar '16:(

Gerard93 wrote: »

Looking at the eircom interactive map, just seems to be a small section of the town left, the date for this seesm to be Jan - Mar '16:(
    can you give me a link to where it says Jan-Mar '16 ? .. or am i looking at a different map :o

• Advertisement

can you give me a link to where it says Jan-Mar '16 ? .. or am i looking at a different map :o

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

thanks but that map says all of NCW is fibre enabled. I thought you meant there was a map giving info about the remaining four cabinets which have yet to be enabled :(

thanks but that map says all of NCW is fibre enabled. I thought you meant there was a map giving info about the remaining four cabinets which have yet to be enabled :(
    Sorry Orangetoad no info in the cabinets, I must be in one of the areas where the cabinets have yet to be enabled as my line is not eligable yet for fibre

Has anyone got any idea when the remaining fibre cabinets in newcastle west will be enabled? fibre rollout map says 'within a year' its my understanding that cables need to be replaced from the exchange to one of these cabinets which is causing the delay. considering the other cabinets are active for two years now its becoming a bit of a joke at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Has anyone got any idea when the remaining fibre cabinets in newcastle west will be enabled? fibre rollout map says 'within a year' its my understanding that cables need to be replaced from the exchange to one of these cabinets which is causing the delay. considering the other cabinets are active for two years now its becoming a bit of a joke at this stage.

Few years I'd say

They have to bring in traffic management to do a few of them.

It's the council acting dickheads as usual!

• Advertisement

thierry14 wrote: »

Few years I'd say

They have to bring in traffic management to do a few of them.

It's the council acting dickheads as usual!
    usual story so ! if we just had an idea when this will take place it would be a help. I guess the council wont give any info on it either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi  orangetoad,

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

orangetoad wrote:
    usual story so ! if we just had an idea when this will take place it would be a help. I guess the council wont give any info on it either?

Best way is to ask a Councillor to bring it up at a County Council or Area meeting as a question to the executive.

i think one or two posters on here have already asked their local councillor with no definitive answers. all parties involved seem to be dragging their heals on this issue. There are smaller towns and villages all over the country which are now fully fibre enabled and yet half of Newcastle West (biggest town in Co.Limerick) still on ADSL2 :(

Has anyone any update on the status of the remaining 4 cabinets in NCW ? This issue has been dragging on forever :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi orangetoad,

Thanks for getting in youch.

Unfortunately, our deployment plan is showing 6-12 months for these cabinets to go live.

You can view all of our up to date information here.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

-Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

So the same answer you gave half the town 2 years and 10 months ago then?

Somebody needs to call BS on eircom on this one. I have talked to the council, and NO application has been made to repair the cable ducts. 

Somebody needs to hold this shower accountable for the largest town in Limerick having half of a fibre service. It's a pity there is no service level agreement for planned services.

The only thing we can do now is vote with our feet. Eircom's "absolutely" unlimited fibre actually has a very definite limit of 1TB. After that you get charged a 100 euro for the privilege. 

Vodafone offer a very competitive service, I wonder would they fix the cable duct if they started to loose customers en-mass  on the affected side of town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Kencollins, 

I can assure you that there is an on-going plan to upgrade a number of exchanges that has been running for several years now. Unfortunately, there are no details available to suggest when all the upgrades will be done.

In your area, our deployment plan is showing these cabinets to go live within the next 6-12 months. Once this is available, you will be notified. 

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here or you can check your line number or address here. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi orangetoad,

Thanks for getting in youch.

Unfortunately, our deployment plan is showing 6-12 months for these cabinets to go live.

You can view all of our up to date information here.

I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

-Anna
    Thanks for the reply. do you know how often this map is updated ? https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/  there are some cabinets which i know are live but still show up on this map as not connected.

The map is updated frequently to show the latest changes.

The most up to date map is http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote: »
    The map is updated frequently to show the latest changes.

The most up to date map is http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/.

Thanks,
    Anna
    thanks but that map doesn't give an estimated  time frame as to when individual cabinets are due to be activated :(

I'm very sorry I don't have better news for you on this.

I would recommend registering your details here and you will be contacted when this becomes available.

Thanks,
    Anna

Finally this issue has been highlighted in the limerick leader newspaper. It seems that Eir are dragging their heals on this since 2014 blaming the council when in actual fact the council have no objections to any work being done by Eir.. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

Maybe an eir rep can reply with the latest info ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

testicles wrote: »
    Wouldn't such a thing be lovely[/quote]
    For sure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Maybe an eir rep can reply with the latest info ?
    Hi Orangetoad,

I don't have any additional information on this.

I would recommend giving our support team a call on 1890260260 or free phone 1901, they should be able to look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Anyone know what the cabinet at the roundabout near Longcourt hotel is for ?

• Advertisement

Apparently its only a matter of weeks now till the remaining 4 cabinets are enabled in the town. 3 years waiting !

Advertisement