Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 10-07-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Hi there would just like to appeal my ban from the soccer forum, I was banned for quoting a comment in the Liverpool forum and bringing it in to the Arsenal forum. I understand it could of caused some friction but it was not meant in that way and did not know this was against the rules. Thanks lads.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you? That's the first step of the process as set out above, before starting a dispute thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you? That's the first step of the process as set out above, before starting a dispute thread.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yea i discussed it but he said no. Been honest, I enjoy the discussions in the soccer forum never once have i abused anybody. I think a month ban is pretty harsh for what I have done.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just looked at this and it's clearcut to me

The mod posted this warning in-thread yesterday
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't like putting the mod hat on in here but giving out about the Liverpool, or any other Superthread for that matter, is not on. All it does is bait posters into coming in here and causing aggro like what happened a couple of days ago.

Unless talk of an other team is within the context of Arsenal it shouldn't be in here, if someone is criticising a player or the club then you should respond to them in that thread rather than posting their opinion in here so everyone can have a good laugh or whatever.

If you think someone is posting stuff in another thread just to wind up particular fans then report it.

This evening you posted
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Meanwhile over on another forum I see a post that says Raheem Sterling is a better player overall. It got thanked 5 times.
    Your post was in direct contravention of the mod warning (and even if there had been no such warning I would have upheld the card as you were bringing discussion of another club's player into the thread for no good reason, other than to attempt to downplay that player, which can have the effect of baiting or trolling fans of the other club)

Hence I can see no reason to overturn the card. I note your comment that you were not aware of this rule but it was linked from the OP and that link was mentioned in the thread title

The ban follows automatically for picking up 2 yellows under the temporary charter in place for the duration of the World Cup. Your previous yellow was only picked up yesterday, so I would have expected you to be particularly conscious of the consequences of picking up another card so quickly

Just looked at this and it's clearcut to me

The mod posted this warning in-thread yesterday

This evening you posted

Your post was in direct contravention of the mod warning (and even if there had been no such warning I would have upheld the card as you were bringing discussion of another club's player into the thread for no good reason, other than to attempt to downplay that player, which can have the effect of baiting or trolling fans of the other club)

Hence I can see no reason to overturn the card. I note your comment that you were not aware of this rule but it was linked from the OP and that link was mentioned in the thread title

The ban follows automatically for picking up 2 yellows under the temporary charter in place for the duration of the World Cup. Your previous yellow was only picked up yesterday, so I would have expected you to be particularly conscious of the consequences of picking up another card so quickly

I honestly didnt see the warning.
    Pretty long ban for such a minor offence you would swear I abused somebody.

You picked up a yellow for that post.

The ban is for 2 yellows - that's the current rule in the Soccer forum.

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

• Advertisement

You picked up a yellow for that post.

The ban is for 2 yellows - that's the current rule in the Soccer forum.

Do you want an Admin to review my decision?

No its grand man thanks anyways.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement