Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I make a official complaint

Options
  • 10-07-2014 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I am seriously fed up here and have decided to go down the official complaint route . I applied for a mortgage 2 weeks ago Last Monday . I was told all was in order and would have a decision in 24 hours etc . Nearly a week later I got a phone call to say there was a hold up and I would get a phone call last Friday .

Here we are a week later no phone call and it will be 3 weeks on Monday . I have the number for the person involved and I have left messages including one today to please ring me and update . No phone call so I have been ignored . I cannot think of another way bar turning up and demanding answers I should not have to do that and hard when you work Mon to Friday etc and can't get time off .

I am not interested in platitudes I want a complete outline of the complaints procedure to which I can start proceedings as this is not acceptable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

alibab wrote: »
    I am seriously fed up here and have decided to go down the official complaint route . I applied for a mortgage 2 weeks ago Last Monday . I was told all was in order and would have a decision in 24 hours etc . Nearly a week later I got a phone call to say there was a hold up and I would get a phone call last Friday .

Here we are a week later no phone call and it will be 3 weeks on Monday . I have the number for the person involved and I have left messages including one today to please ring me and update . No phone call so I have been ignored . I cannot think of another way bar turning up and demanding answers I should not have to do that and hard when you work Mon to Friday etc and can't get time off .

I am not interested in platitudes I want a complete outline of the complaints procedure to which I can start proceedings as this is not acceptable.
    Hi alibab,

Thanks for the post.

Here is a link to our complaints procedure, but we would like to help you with this. If you would like us to organize a call back today in connection to this, please send us a PM.

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

I have taken a days annual leave to go to the bank this morning this is ridiculous at this stage I only found the boards bank of ireland page last night or would have posted earlier . In my area of work this would not be tolerated . Okay it would seem you don't want to give the mortgage dispute everything being in order etc but have the decency to tell me .
    Luckily I also applied to AIB at the same time and was approved etc but foolishly thought after 30 years with BOI and all my banking with you that I would try and avail of the 1% cash back

I am very upset by this and not willing to leave it go now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

alibab wrote: »
    I have taken a days annual leave to go to the bank this morning this is ridiculous at this stage   I only found the boards bank of ireland page last night or would have posted earlier . In my area of work this would not be tolerated . Okay it would seem you don't want to give the mortgage dispute everything being in order etc but have the decency to tell me .
    Luckily I also applied to AIB at the same time and was approved etc but foolishly thought after 30 years with BOI and all my banking with you that I would try and avail of the 1% cash back

I am very upset by this and not willing to leave it go now
    Hi alibab, 

I understand your frustration, again please send a PM if you would like us to help with this.

Thanks

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Janette[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭alibab

Just to update I spoke at length to the person involved . I now understand the problem and it's not there fault they are working away very hard at things it's just slow but out of there control. It helped to go and talk to them got a lot sorted and hope to have positive news soon .

Advertisement