Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card thinking of moving to boi

Options
  • 10-07-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

.Hi all. I have had an ulster bank credit card for many years. I have no problem with it.
    it suits me perfectly for three reasons-

1. I can go online any time and check balance.
    2. I can lodge money in from my credit union budget account on line.
    3. Most importantly though , I can walk down the village and do a same day fast lodgement.

Re 3. This is perfect for me.  If I pay in money - cash on the day before credit card payment 
    Is due it is lodged immediately (it's called faster payment receive) there is no 3/4 business days carry on! 
    I have never had a bank account. I do all my banking free , direct debits/ standing orders etc wages paid in , through the credit union free. 
    I had an AIB mortgage which I paid off 6 months ago ....

My question is , can an on line banking facility be set up just for a credit card?
    Is payment accepted at the branch , for the credit card , and is it credited to the visa
    Card on the same day?
    Lastly , I notice with ulster bank a lot of the pay by dates are on a Saturday or Sunday or bank holiday , presumably to lessen the - interest free period to repay the card , I presume BOI are the same.

Many thanks. paddy.

Ps. The only reason I have this enquiry , is that the branch is moving out of the village ! Means a 7 mile trip now to go to the bank. There is a bank of ireland here.

Ps...very important!! If phone banking only can be set to access credit card - I mean balance recent transaction etc ....is here an 01.... Number that you can use to access it ..my phone incurs extra charges for these 1890 1850 etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi 2012paddy2012, 

Thanks for your post and for considering Bank of Ireland for your credit card needs. 

Bank of Ireland 365 Online is a complimentary service to BOI Current Account/Demand Deposit Account holders. It is not possible to register a credit card online without one of these account types. 

You can make payment to a BOI credit card at a lodgement ATM. Cash usually credits the card within 10 minutes. 

You can view details on our credit card range here

If you would like a member of our Credit Card Team to give you a call, please send us a PM with name and contact details and we will arrange this. 

Thanks again for considering Bank of Ireland. 

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thks a lot. My main thing is that cash reaches credit card fairly quickly.
    One other thing. Unable to use on line to check previous transactions/payments/due dates as you can with ulster it's a pity , how do you check your statement from time to time?
    Do you have to ring , I presume you do , what is the number? Is it free phone  
    If 1890 1850 etc all 3 network phones charge extra to ring these numbers...
    Is there a " call from abroad number" eg 01.....

Lastly do you have to go through all the usual security info each time you ring ....or
    Can you use dial pad on mobile to run through credit card info required as outlined above

Thks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Thks a lot. My main thing is that cash reaches credit card fairly quickly.
    One other thing. Unable to use on line to check previous transactions/payments/due dates as you can with ulster it's a pity , how do you check your statement from time to time?
    Do you have to ring , I presume you do , what is the number? Is it free phone  
    If 1890 1850 etc all 3 network phones charge extra to ring these numbers...
    Is there a " call from abroad number" eg 01.....

Lastly do you have to go through all the usual security info each time you ring ....or
    Can you use dial pad on mobile to run through credit card info required as outlined above

Thks

Hi 2012paddy2012, 

You can call Credit Card Services to check the balance/transactions on the card. We do not have a free-phone number. The number is 0818 251 251 - international number is +353 56 7757747.

When you call, you will need to answer security questions to protect the privacy of the card. 

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement