Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying a factory unlocked iphone 4

• 10-07-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm an iphone user on Vodafone bill pay.

My auld lad wants to buy a done deal advertised iphone 4, factory unlocked!

How do I verify if this is the real deal and not just jail broken?

If he's on O2 prepay (not a micro sim), can I 'test' the phone using My Vodafone micro SIM card?

I'm hoping it's just someone selling on a 4 having upgraded to a 5... But I don't want him to get stung for 185 lids...

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Go into O2 and swap his existing SIM card for one that will fit the iPhone. Then put it into the phone before he hands over cash and make sure it makes a call, texts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I think the iphone 4 is a bad buy now. It can just about run IOS7 but is unlikely to support IOS8. I think Apple will discontinue it in September. It is certainly not worth €185...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Hooked

basill wrote: »
    Go into O2 and swap his existing SIM card for one that will fit the iPhone. Then put it into the phone before he hands over cash and make sure it makes a call, texts etc.

I had thought of this...

One question... If the sale fell through, is the old SIM card still viable?

Are both sims effectively working?

That's another reason I wanted to test it with my sim... It's a gift for my mam so we didn't want to get her a micro sim and give the game away...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Hooked

tallpaul wrote: »
    I think the iphone 4 is a bad buy now. It can just about run IOS7 but is unlikely to support IOS8. I think Apple will discontinue it in September. It is certainly not worth €185...

Nor is it worth the 329 euro O2 are charging for one!

I see your point thought. I'm a designer and mac user - so only all too familiar with os support on older 'models'.

Thanks! Food for thought...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Problem with your sim is that you are on the same network so you will be proving nothing by putting it into the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement