Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THIRD interview for McDonald's tomorrow???

• 10-07-2014 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

And I thought too was the most? I have a third interview for full-time crew member tomorrow. Why is it that they have a third interview stage and could this be a good sign?

Anyone working for McDonald's atm ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 FlushBang2013

And I thought too was the most? I have a third interview for full-time crew member tomorrow. Why is it that they have a third interview stage and could this be a good sign?

Anyone working for McDonald's atm ??

WTF Mickey Ds three interviews haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭SPM1959

Good luck with the interview but it is bizarre that McDonald's can't make a decision after one, never mind two, interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Get Real

Hey, used to work for them.

Jesus three, thats mad, I only had one, this was back in 2010.

I think there are various factors in the reason for a third round interview, mainly:

whether your McDs is company or franchise owned. Only a handful are company owned (mine was) and the rest are run by private owners. So if yours is a franchise, the lad that owns it might decide that this is the procedure he wants etc.

Secondly, the sheer number of applicants may warrant a series of interviews to give everyone a fair chance. Many people have different qualities be they personality, educational qualifications, trades and ambition etc.

Although things are picking up, do not be fooled. The most common misconception out there is that people who work in these roles aren't qualified etc etc.

The fact is you'll be up against people with ambition, school leavers, summer workers, college graduates and those studying a masters/ saving up for one and so on.

It is one of the few retail jobs that pays above minimum wage and offers chances to progress so there'll be lots applying.

You've gotten this far, and I'm sure you're doing great. You'll enjoy the work, nights out, people and opportunities. You will also make mistakes, really need to multitask and face challenges. However, whether you see it as a stop off, or longer term role, I wish you the best of luck :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Amazed at your having to do 3 interviews for McDonalds. I did 3 individual interviews aswell as group interviews and group interviews years ago for wyeth, but the job was paying really nice money and they were paying for conversion training for successful applicants for upskilling.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What was the elimination process in the previous interviews?
    How did you perform- and how did it bring you to the third round?
    Those who failed at interview 1 or 2- on what basis did they fail and you succeed?

It does sound a bit mad that McDonald's are holding such an indept interview elimination process- however, if its for a full time position- they are probably looking for someone reliable, who isn't there as a stop-gap measure until they find something better.

McDonalds may have a bad name- but in all honesty- many of their permanent fulltime staff receive tertiary education paid for by the corporation, the pay isn't as bad as many people make out- and they have a policy of promoting from within (which even the public sector don't have anymore). So- all-in-all, for the right candidate, it can be a decent longterm job. Contrary to some of the snide comments some people may make- it can be a decent longterm job- and they are, in general, good employers.

Well done for getting through to the 3rd round- you need to find out why people were falling at the first and second hurdle- to ensure you don't make similar mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Inability to spell the word two may have prompted them to speak to you again. And again.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Citizen2011

the third one might be to teach you ho to spell two properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Oh, the irony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

Batesy wrote: »
    Oh, the irony.

Yeah the sunday morning high horse brigade are out in force!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Ho so.? 😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

Batesy wrote: »
    Oh, the irony.

Yeah the sunday morning high horse brigade are out in force!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Lads, give the spelling / grammar bit a rest. It's not helpful for the OP. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Well done to the OP for setting the bait for the pedants and outing them so easily.

Also, congrats on getting to the third round, it's obviously for a position the company deems important enough to ensure they get the right long term candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Hi, I've an interview for McDonald's tomorrow. I'm just wondering about the types if questions you've been asked? I'm really hoping to get this job and want to use everything I can to my advantage. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lauren3142

I cant even get an interview any where :( McDonalds rejected me three times so far !! :( Can anyone help out what am i doing wrong??

Lauren3142 wrote: »
    I cant even get an interview any where :( McDonalds rejected me three times so far !! :( Can anyone help out what am i doing wrong??

For starters- if you're not even getting an interview- your CV is probably nuking your chances at an early stage. Sometimes even simple layout changes, or more user friendly language- can make a difference- its not all experience and qualifications that people look for. As a first step- how about sitting down with someone, perhaps someone who looks through CVs- and get pointers on how to improve yours?

If you're not even getting to interview- its obviously how your presenting yourself in your CV that is at fault.

If you're not even getting to interview- its obviously how your presenting yourself in your CV that is at fault.

Or for MacDonalds, it may be that the availability you're offering is not what the particular store ever hires.

Eg they may only be willing to hire you if you will do at least one weeknight and one weekend day per week, and people who don't offer at least that won't get past the initial screening.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭stepinnman

For starters- if you're not even getting an interview- your CV is probably nuking your chances at an early stage. Sometimes even simple layout changes, or more user friendly language- can make a difference- its not all experience and qualifications that people look for. As a first step- how about sitting down with someone, perhaps someone who looks through CVs- and get pointers on how to improve yours?

Having reviewed many, many CVs over the years, it is incredible how poor many of them can be, notwithstanding the apparent education or intelligence of the authors. The most common - and off-putting - mistakes are poor spelling and grammar (which is inexcusable for anyone who knows how to hit 'spellcheck' (crosses fingers no spelling mistakes in this post)), poor formatting and the use of different font sizes.

Formatting is a particular issue and it's probably the one where you would get the most benefit from showing your CV to someone who is used to reviewing them. The first thing anyone looking at CVs notices is simply how it looks. Inconsistent formatting, indentation etc. can make it look a complete mess and have it in the bin before any regard is had to that hard got 2:1.

I worked in McDonalds back in the day myself. I think it was an application form process at the time though. Personally, it was a very good experience and, as with any job I've ever had, I learned various skills (both life- and work-) that no doubt I've brought to bear in subsequent roles.

Best of luck OP. btw if you'd like to PM me re your CV feel free

Maybe it is my CV , I have no idea like !

Maybe it is my CV , I have no idea like !

Take 'Stepinnman' up on his kind offer- his suggestions may make a vast difference to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

This summer I was in for a job with a recruitment firm. In the space of 3 weeks I had a phone interview, a personality test, and two faces to face interviews a week apart, and that wasnt even the final stage. Some companies like to be thorough, best of luck with the interview.

Is it worth while going to a recruitment firm?

Is it worth while going to a recruitment firm?

Definitely- but when you mentioned McDonalds, I just assumed you were going for a particular type of job........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Do they still make you wear those god awful "my boss is a clown" shirts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

The McDonald's system doesn't accept CVs you answer questions and type out your experience so the layout isn't at fault here

I applied once or twice because of the career progression opportunities which are great I hear. If you want to get the interview do not mention you have a degree. I know it's bad to say but it's true. Also find someone you know who works in a mc Donalds and say they referred you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Applied ages ago myself. Only one store was advertising and they were only looking for full-time. Interviewed and everything. Full-Time summer moving to part-time in college term wasn't enough in this branch. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Where do you apply for McDonalds ?
    Do you leave in a cv or apply online ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Applied ages ago myself. Only one store was advertising and they were only looking for full-time. Interviewed and everything. Full-Time summer moving to part-time in college term wasn't enough in this branch. :p

They HATE students, you cant mention your degree until you are in the head office IMO

Well im not even in college ( why i need the job ) and im very flexible they just never call me back for an interview (or anywhere for that matter) . I don't know if i agree with companies to be allowed to have an online application only policies they don't actually get to meet you in person before they write you off!! And a lot of other businesses wont take people without experience ,simply because they don't want to train people which is affecting a lot of other school leavers.

• Advertisement

Do they still make you wear those god awful "my boss is a clown" shirts?

Anything is better than the polyester pyjama-like things they had 30 years ago.

(Been there, done that ... don't have the tee shirt 'cos you have to give it back to get your last pay ...ref the other thread at the moment :) )

RomanGod wrote: »
    Also find someone you know who works in a mc Donalds and say they referred you

This + about 1 million.
    And it applies pretty much anywhere.
    The best way to get a job is through some kind of insider contact. (Just make sure that your insider isn't some eejit that is only getting minimum hours because they're too slow to be given any more!)

Advertisement