Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving phone line

Options
  • 10-07-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a phone line coming into my house and would like to change to come into the house at a different location, how would i go about arranging this and what would the charge be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

robclay26 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a phone line coming into my house and would like to change to come into the house at a different location, how would i go about arranging this and what would the charge be?
    Hi robclay26

Unfortunately Eircom engineers are unable to change the location of the main telephone socket or main drop point within the house. While this was something that may have been done in the past, it is not done now by Eircom technicians. It may be possible to get this work done by a third party electrician, however in the event of a line or Broadband issue arising in the future this would be resolved to the main socket.

thanks
    Colm

Advertisement