Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm wont send text to Landline

Options
  • 11-07-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I installed a house alarm(HKC Quantum 70) last year, in the storms of last year the alarm got hit by lightning and blew the control panel. I got the alarm company to come back and replace the control panel with another board and everything is working as normal except for the alarm will not send text to landline so that means that the three designated mobiles will not receive notification text. The alarm company says that the problem is with the phone company and i contacted eircom and they say that the line is setup for texts as normal. I have send texts from my mobile to the landline and they are received by voicemail as normal. Alarm company is reluctant to come back as they say that there is nothing they can do. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Well if one of my clients had their alarm texting them before their panel got hit by lightening, then i had to replace the panel and the texting failed to work then i would feel responsible.

Have Eircom done anything to your line since that storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Skillman16

the phone line did go during the storm also, eircom came out and fixed it back to normal, there was 3 faults on the line and were a long time fixing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Skillman16 wrote: »
    the phone line did go during the storm also, eircom came out and fixed it back to normal, there was 3 faults on the line and were a long time fixing it.

If there is an issue with the text you could also have the system set up to ring rather than text. With regards to the line, did the installer run their own cable from the phone point to the alarm?

Advertisement