Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 19), Jul 11-13, 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Playing at home, therefore we won't win.

Hard to see past a pats win. Been a good while since we've beaten them in the league I think.

Also KO is at 8, game is on setanta

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Need a win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Good game so far up in Dalymount tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

No Eddie Rockets, I'm disapointed.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Should have won that, we were all over Pats.

Best game Ive seen in Dalymount in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Good game,Bohs should have won i thought.Dinny Corcoran ............

Pats need to up their game for the CL match on Wednesday which will be shown live on Setanta i believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Good win for Athlone but the scoreline flattered us. Limericks defense was all over the place anytime the ball went near them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Went to the Drogs game this evening. Decent match. Drogs played well in the first half and should have probably went in ahead at half time. I haven't seen Shane Grimes play well in about three years but he was great in the first half. Him and Walsh caused havok down the left.

Cork were much better in the second half and you could see the goal coming.Probably just about deserved it overall. 70 or 80 hardy Cork fans made the trip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Pighead wrote: »
    Went to the Drogs game this evening. Decent match. Drogs played well in the first half and should have probably went in ahead at half time. I haven't seen Shane Grimes play well in about three years but he was great in the first half. Him and Walsh caused havok down the left.

Cork were much better in the second half and you could see the goal coming.Probably just about deserved it overall. 70 or 80 hardy Cork fans made the trip.
    Drogs were by far the better team up until about the 65th minute. The Cork subs killed the momentum and swung it in their favour. Drogs sat back too much aswell. Drogs deserved something out of the game overall though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Big goal for Cork

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well earned point, but for some bad finishing we would have won it. Up to 6th for now.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Longford were well worth the win at Ferrycarrig Park. If they had been fully interested it could have been more than 2-0. The spark from earlier in the season seems missing with the Youths at the minute, but we are battlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Missed the match, not sure why Bucko rested players for next week. 1 point from Bohs and Rovers.....yeah so 4th is doable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭TINA1984

Is there any radio coverage of Shams - 'Dalk today?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Needed that win with Athlone going on a run. Sligo were very poor and it should have been 2-0 if Benson didn't miss an open goal. I'd have to question Callaghan's decision to put Benson (who is easily our best player) on his own up front towards the end which took him out of the game. Thankfully it didn't backfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bray are rightly screwed now anyway, let the regular times roll!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mushy wrote: »
    Bray are rightly screwed now anyway, let the regular times roll!
    Told you ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hooray! Out of the playoff spot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

CSF wrote: »
    Told you ;)

It's Bray, i could never be confident of lasting anything above 11th!

Massive win for Dundalk today in Tallaght. The Hobanator delivers again. Just the second time we've won down there. Wasn't at it but apparently Chris Shields was fantastic yet again. Our new signing Donal McDermott also had an impressive cameo coming on with half an hour to go.

Six points clear of both Shams and Pats with a game in hand on Pats. Nice. Now, bring on the Croats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Pighead wrote: »
    Massive win for Dundalk today in Tallaght. The Hobanator delivers again. Just the second time we've won down there. Wasn't at it but apparently Chris Shields was fantastic yet again. Our new signing Donal McDermott also had an impressive cameo coming on with half an hour to go.

Six points clear of both Shams and Pats with a game in hand on Pats. Nice. Now, bring on the Croats.

You missed nothing. Shocking game of football from both sides. Must have been 50 fouls throughout the game.

Neither team really deserved to win unfortunately. Rovers were absolutely awful, not helped by an odd team choice, stagnant tactics and crazy substitutions. Finn on the wing does not work, Dean Kelly is awful, Robinson was good 8 years ago, Zayed is happy with his pay check, and taking off McCabe when he seemed the only player on the pitch that cared just isnt a good idea.

Luckily Dundalk were pants too, once they scored they just got worse.

Two fairly poor sides unaided by a whistle-happy referee. About three shots on goal between the sides all game.

Rovers are as bad going forward as the Scully days. Finn on the right, McCabe on left, Kelly kept on instead of McCabe. The least he could do is play players in the right positions.

Ebbs wrote: »
    You missed nothing. Shocking game of football from both sides. Must have been 50 fouls throughout the game.

Neither team really deserved to win unfortunately. Rovers were absolutely awful, not helped by an odd team choice, stagnant tactics and crazy substitutions. Finn on the wing does not work, Dean Kelly is awful, Robinson was good 8 years ago, Zayed is happy with his pay check, and taking off McCabe when he seemed the only player on the pitch that cared just isnt a good idea.

Luckily Dundalk were pants too, once they scored they just got worse.
    Missed nothing? A victory at one of our main title rivals in a ground we generally don't do too well in? I'd say the few hundred Dundalk supporters who made the trip up were pretty delighted they didn't miss this one. Good to see we can grind out results when playing badly. Dundalk 4/6 for the league now while Rovers have gone out to 11/2. Will Croly last the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

Dundalk alone had 3 clear cut chances all saved by Murphy, 2 one on ones with Towell and a decent save by murphy for the thrid from Byrne. Another couple of chances sailed by the post so not too sure how Rovers fans can say we didnt deserve it, I think Cherrie had one save to make from a nothing header across his goal in the second half.

Great 3 points for the town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Both teams were awful on the day with us slightly more so. We were actually saying at the game that whoever scraped the first goal would win it and that's what happened.

We'll probably get Europe or a cup with Croly but he'll not take us forward.

Get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭DvB

conroym7 wrote: »
    Dundalk alone had 3 clear cut chances all saved by Murphy, 2 one on ones with Towell and a decent save by murphy for the thrid from Byrne. Another couple of chances sailed by the post so not too sure how Rovers fans can say we didnt deserve it, I think Cherrie had one save to make from a nothing header across his goal in the second half.

Great 3 points for the town!

I dont know of any Rovers fans at the game who said Dundalk didn't deserve it, in fact most of us were surprised you didn't win it by more, you were easily the better side & without setting the world alight played with pace & intent, having a game plan helped too it has to be said!

Even without playing well I always got the impression Dundalk could have gone up a gear had we miraculously scored, for me the best team I've seen come to Tallaght this year... well organized, powerful & move the ball quickly, deserved winners without a shadow of a doubt.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Both teams were shíte but even though Dundalk played very poorly by their recent standards, they still managed to grind out a result, it's results like this that win you leagues and to me it looks like a 2 horse race now between Dundalk and Cork. Good luck to you both.

21/25

• Advertisement

And yet McCabe is played tonight...dear oh dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

With both Dundalk and SPA due to visit Turners Cross in the first week of August, I wouldn't rule out Pats just yet.

If we can get 6 points from those 2 games there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot go on to win the league. We will certainly need to beat Dundalk. At this early stage of the run in a draw will be no good imo as we go there last day of the season. I would far prefer we had it sown up for that visit as if we go there needing a draw or a win I'd be ill.

Advertisement