Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROK Wrong Way Around

Options
  • 11-07-2014 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I have cycled the ROK this year for the first time and it was the most enjoyable cycle for me since I started cycling last year.

Did anyone here cycle the ROK wrong way around. It is on the 27th September.

A lot of people are saying it is a lot more difficult that the way it was done last week. Is it because of the pull up to Molls Gap that makes it more difficult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Not done it backwards but I think the climb up to molls from Killarney would be very very tough. Once up that section, I don't see it being overly difficult but its just the thoughts of molls gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

I see they have a hard way around now too. Goes up that Bealach Beama I think and down into Waterville. Reputed to be a bastid of a climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Benotto

I done it last year, Hard Way round, four tough climbs and all within the first 60 Km, The last one out side Portmagee if the toughest one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I did the rok last sat and ive done 4 in total now . I had no problem doing rok plus a lot of my training was much bigger hills than rok by far.

Would it be reasonable to assume with a bit more training I could be cheeky enough to do the hard way round :0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Nearly killed the clutch on a car getting it up coomaneaspaig near Portmagee - it's in a completely different league to anything on the "conventional" RoK. Good luck haha. Will tackle the WWR myself I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement