Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Close call this morning

• 11-07-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

As the title says, I had a close one on the commute this morning. I was in the left hand lane on the Matt Talbot bridge, came around the bend coming onto city quay.

Just as I was standing the bike up coming out of the bend, a dosey b***h in a cage decided to change lanes without so much as a look or a signal. I was able to swerve and she missed me by inches.

I was close to getting off the bike only there was another bike behind me so I didn't want to pull up in front of him/her.

I was fairly rattled to say the least. Stay safe and alert out there, there are idiots everywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

A candidate for a de-mirroring if ever there was one

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Lenn Brennan

Haha, definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

This was part of my commute till recently. Was just thinking recently of how stressful all along the quays can be especially that stretch. Good to hear you're ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

A candidate for a de-mirroring if ever there was one

Removed said mirror and hand it to them for safe keeping seeing as they dont need it on the car :pac:

I've helped a couple of people streamline their cars this way !!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

MIRROR,SIGNAL,MANOUVER. :eek::mad:

Glad your ok o/p!!

• Advertisement

Or boot it off (if you're on a supermoto)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Meh, brush it off and don't stress too much about it.

As for breaking a mirror, IMO its a scummy thing to do. We all make mistakes, each and every one of us and tbh if a biker broke my mirror he'd want to be up on that back wheel into the sunset before I caught him.

No point in stressing about near accidents.

Ah here, I don't think anyone was being serious about breaking off mirrors! Lighten up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Actually, I was being serious, I've done it loads of times, some people need to be telt

Ah here, I don't think anyone was being serious about breaking off mirrors! Lighten up

Oh I know lads who would, or they'd kick a nice dent into a panel.

Not worth the hassle of being caught & beat up, or caught and charged with criminal damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

Meh, brush it off and don't stress too much about it.

As for breaking a mirror, IMO its a scummy thing to do. We all make mistakes, each and every one of us and tbh if a biker broke my mirror he'd want to be up on that back wheel into the sunset before I caught him.

No point in stressing about near accidents.

Wish I had your chilled out approach!

As a biker you are so vulnerable to these idiots that dont use their mirrors and sometimes if they do see you they still cut you up sometimes!

So for me if they can gamble with a bikers life on purpose or not, reprial of some sort is just to make them realise the possilble outcome of their bad driving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

Wouldn't suprise me if she was having a sly look at bookface instead of her mirror. The number of people using their phones while driving has gotten out of hand.

Glad your ok.

I think she just saw the line of traffic going onto Lombard st and tried to pull a snakey one, dosey c**t

Clown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I know I shouldn't laugh but .......................................... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 suasdaguna2

I had to once use the kick a panel trick, not to cause damage but to save my own skin as some weapon was closing and closing in on me in traffic whilst she was on her mobile. It was that or I was coming off the bike with no where to go. Breaking mirrors is childish and deserves a hiding.

Advertisement