Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming at the Guillamene

• 11-07-2014 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

I'd love to do a bit more regular swimming and a friend recommended the Guillamene in Tramore. Just wondering is it generally safe to leave a changing bag with the car key near the steps or should you realistically have someone with you to watch the stuff? It'd be great to hear that people generally do that without bother.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Do we really want to broadcast that our car keys are left unattended while we go swimming?
    Even though this is common practice there and I've never any issue doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I always change down at the guilamene, that way u can keep an eye on your stuff when your out havin a swim or doing bombs off the diving board.
    most people do, dont they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭barneystinson

I always change down at the guilamene, that way u can keep an eye on your stuff when your out havin a swim or doing bombs off the diving board.
    most people do, dont they?

Yeah, and that's what the OP is asking. But if you've swam 30m out and someone lifts your keys and heads off up the steps there's not much you can do about it! That's what I think he means, is there much risk of that happening.

The answer has to be no, at least I've never heard of it happening anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

oh! I thought he meant change up at the car and hide the keys somewhere close by.

everyone keeps an eye on everyones stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭space2ground1

That's what I meant yeah. I was just wondering what the regulars do with their stuff. That's great that everyone watches each other's stuff.

If mods think I'm 'broadcasting' feel free to delete now that I know what the usual is.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

Get a car door key cut and tie it into your togs. Lock your valuables in the car and bring down your towel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Get a car door key cut and tie it into your togs. Lock your valuables in the car and bring down your towel

I always do this when snorkelling. Complete peace of mind.

Advertisement