Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

leemaree wrote: »
    Vodafone have them online
    I know but I won't get for weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Philip42

Just phoned Meteor to try and upgrade early (due on 6th December) but no dice. Maybe the phone will have dropped in price then anyway. Could buy my way out but reluctant to give them any extra. Was going to go for the 349/29 a month deal.

Even toying with just getting a cheap Note 3 and not committing to a new contract with them after that. Not a world of difference between them really is there? Lower processor but lower HD screen anyway so doesn't need the extra fire power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

o2 one just came back in stock, went to checkout and entered the 20% code, wouldn't accept it.

Now it is gone, is code only accepted for upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

deep1 wrote: »
    o2 one just came back in stock, went to checkout and entered the 20% code, wouldn't accept it.

Now it is gone, is code only accepted for upgrade?

I'm nearly sure it's used for new and upgrade phones. I was trying to sort out my 02 priority and when I went to buy the phone, it was out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

leemaree your having no luck trying to get this :(

markad1 wrote: »
    leemaree your having no luck trying to get this

NO LUCK :(

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

NO LUCK :(

Have you checked the stores too? I could go with three but their network is non existent where I live. So I'm holding out for o2. They're always so slow.

I just heard back from a store. No stock at all.

I just got it. Ordered online with priority discount :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Mine finally arrived there an hour ago.

Downloading the clean firmware and will be installing it shortly. Looking forward to playing around with it, but have other things that will pull me away for a while. At least it arrived in time for the weekend.

Hope you get sorted leemaree. Not sure what is going on with O2 and the fact it keeps showing as out of stock. Looks like alot of retailers are showing issues with stock as well. CPW seem to up and down with different stores. Can't believe they are refusing to sell it pay as you go to any customers. I can possibly them being the next company to enter administration, if they don't start getting their act together. when will these companies learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Lucky you! I've been refreshing all morning. Enjoy.

• Advertisement

Great stuff, i saw it online and again bit slow.

Did you choose New or upgrade?

Thor wrote: »
    Mine finally arrived there an hour ago.

Downloading the clean firmware and will be installing it shortly. Looking forward to playing around with it, but have other things that will pull me away for a while. At least it arrived in time for the weekend.

Hope you get sorted leemaree. Not sure what is going on with O2 and the fact it keeps showing as out of stock. Looks like alot of retailers are showing issues with stock as well. CPW seem to up and down with different stores. Can't believe they are refusing to sell it pay as you go to any customers. I can possibly them being the next company to enter administration, if they don't start getting their act together. when will these companies learn?

Can you confirm if this is indeed unlocked? Ok i got one on Vodaphone, could someone please tell are they easily unlockable like samsung s5? as i am on Three.

Can you confirm if this is indeed unlocked? Ok i got one on Vodaphone, could someone please tell are they easily unlockable like samsung s5? as i am on Three.

Flashing it as we speak. Once done, I will throw in my Three sim card and see how it goes. I'm hoping it's unlocked, but if not unlocking it will only set me back around 20 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's here! :)

Need to flash it with the stock firmware and test if it's unlocked (EDIT: Yes it is) but this will keep me busy tonight anyway

Just finished flashing and setting up the device. SIM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That was a nice surprise. Really didn't expect a sim free. It's possible as Markad1 said about flashing it before using a sim card is what allows it to be sim free, but I suspect that would have happened with earlier devices. Then again, how would anyone have known it wasn't sim free to begin with.

Still, €536 for a sim free Note 4 on launch. Best deal I have gotten. In fact, it was cheaper than the Note 3 and I didn't have to pay to get it unlocked. In comparison, The Note 4 on an 18 month x 40 contract on Three is still 399 euro. absolute dreadful offering.

Is it actually sim free I wonder or just compatible with 3 given the merger?

Anyone tried it with a meteor sim or something?

Great stuff, i saw it online and again bit slow.

Did you choose New or upgrade?

I chose upgrade. I ordered mine at 12.45 . I kept refreshing

Got one on Vodafone, time to play now!

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Is it actually sim free I wonder or just compatible with 3 given the merger?

Anyone tried it with a meteor sim or something?

I don't know if it's even possible. I think it's either locked to 1 network or open to them all. Never really seen a device open to just 2 networks.

It would make sense of that was the case. I don't have a meteor or Vodafone sim card here, but will check the network menu if it still works.

• Advertisement

I don't know if it's even possible. I think it's either locked to 1 network or open to them all. Never really seen a device open to just 2 networks.

It would make sense of that was the case. I don't have a meteor or Vodafone sim card here, but will check the network menu if it still works.

Guys what FW you flashed too, I got on vodafone and it is locked, the unlock site i tried can't unlock my phone at the moment.

Don't think o2 rom on vodaphone phone is any good? and once sim has been inserted, any help appreciated. Thanks

Got one on Vodafone, time to play now!

I thought u where waiting to get one from 02?

I thought u where waiting to get one from 02?

Basically on any network i thought i will get unlock easily but doesn't look good.

Someone said on here that 02 was sim free

Someone said on here that 02 was sim free

Yeah but vodafone one isn't unfortunately.

Yeah but vodafone one isn't unfortunately.

Have you tried sim-unlock.net.

Never had any issues with them and typically the code is sent within minutes

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Just finished flashing and setting up the device. SIM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That was a nice surprise. Really didn't expect a sim free. It's possible as Markad1 said about flashing it before using a sim card is what allows it to be sim free, but I suspect that would have happened with earlier devices. Then again, how would anyone have known it wasn't sim free to begin with.

Still, €536 for a sim free Note 4 on launch. Best deal I have gotten. In fact, it was cheaper than the Note 3 and I didn't have to pay to get it unlocked. In comparison, The Note 4 on an 18 month x 40 contract on Three is still 399 euro. absolute dreadful offering.

good deal how'd you get it that cheap? does it come with warranty in case of screen problems?

Have you tried sim-unlock.net.

Never had any issues with them and typically the code is sent within minutes

Thanks, Just applied, finger crossed.

Don't believe it, in less than 15 mins my phone is unlocked, Other site which i always use couldn't do it, Thanks a lot Thor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Just got a call from Samsung in swords pavilion. They have the n4 on Vodafone available now if it's of any use to anybody.

Fair play to them for actually ringing me back and letting me know.

Downloading the UK FW now.. gonna be a while :(

Which version of Odin did you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Just setting up now and having a play. So far so good..

Went into VF on Grafton St around 12:30, and the courier literally arrived as I was there so was just in time.. they got 1 x Note 4 in and it was assigned to someone a wait list so went off down to CPW on Grafton St, they had none either but told me Dundrum had 19 of them.

Got my work finished in town and headed out to CPW Samsung in Dundrum and got it there for €29 on my Red Business Super plan.

Seems to be serious lack of stock and no one knows when more to arrive. CPW said the Gear S was due to arrive same time but now a few weeks to get them.

Phone is good build but the lines over the LED and the lower sensor buttons do seem daft, especially considering that they didn't put them over sensors and camera lens.. for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Downloading the UK FW now.. gonna be a while :(

Which version of Odin did you use?

Which firmware did you download? There seems to be two on this page?

Which firmware did you download? There seems to be two on this page?

I'm downloading the top one at the moment myself - it says it's gonna take 3 hours though unless I want to pay a fiver for faster speeds :(

Hey guys, I will upload the firmware to google drive now shortly, that way you can get it much faster.

Hey guys, I will upload the firmware to google drive now shortly, that way you can get it much faster.

Speaking of fast.. I've setup the phone in the meantime just to have a quick look and it is absolutely flying as it reinstalls all my apps here!! :eek: :D

First impressions in the meantime:

- Damn its fast
    - I can't exactly say why, but it feels more substantial/weightier in the hand than the Note 3
    - The metal surround is much improved
    - Screen is gorgeous!!
    - Back cover is shyte though! :( The stock Note 3 back is far better. Hopefully replacements are available soon

Very impressed so far though! Although...does anyone's feel a little warm if you rest your palm on the screen?

Here is the link to download the firmware.

N910FBTU1ANJ2

Here is the link to download Odin 3.10.
    Odin 3.10

Connect the phone up in download mode (power button plus volume down, then press volume up to continue).

Open up Odin, select AP and then pick the firmware file downloaded above(extract it first for the tar.md5 file) and then hit start.

Anyone has an issues, just post here.

Here is the link to download the firmware.

N910FBTU1ANJ2

Here is the link to download Odin 3.10.
    Odin 3.10

Connect the phone up in download mode (power button plus volume down, then press volume up to continue).

Open up Odin, select AP and then pick the firmware file downloaded above(extract it first for the tar.md5 file) and then hit start.

Anyone has an issues, just post here.

Thanks a mil mate.. just done successfully here now :)

Lads when you flash the stock firmware make sure your csc changes from O2I to BTU
    If it's not I don't think you get any updates.
    carrying out a factory reset and clear cache worked for me.

Lads when you flash the stock firmware make sure your csc changes from O2I to BTU

Yep mine is good (N910FBTU1ANJ2) - dialed *#1234#

That's the firmware. ..
    power off the phone. ..hold the home and volume up keys while pressing the power key.
    This enters recovery mode and you will see your csc at the bottom.

That's the firmware. ..
    power off the phone. ..hold the home and volume up keys while pressing the power key.
    This enters recovery mode and you will see your csc at the bottom.

Cheers.. yep shows BTU there as well :)

• Advertisement

Cheers.. yep shows BTU there as well :)

Excellent

All setup and using non stop, great improvement from S5 and miles better than iPhone 6 plus.

Just a tip for someone if looking to buy and don't have priority discount , get prepay from vodaphone 599 and unlock 19 so all in 618 euro, not bad!

Next step root as apps ops not working and facebook is now system app in note 4 so drain the hell out of battery.

I flashed mine but it still says 3IE for the CSC code? Looks like the Three boot and shutting down logo have been removed successfully though.

I flashed mine but it still says 3IE for the CSC code? Looks like the Three boot and shutting down logo have been removed successfully though.

Clear the cache and reset the phone. I had to do it twice

Clear the cache and reset the phone. I had to do it twice

Yep that did it thanks!

If I get the Vodafone one and flash the UK firmware you have been flashing, will it invalidate my warranty and will I be able to insure it?

Cheers

Philip

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

All setup and using non stop, great improvement from S5 and miles better than iPhone 6 plus.

Just a tip for someone if looking to buy and don't have priority discount , get prepay from vodaphone 599 and unlock 19 so all in 618 euro, not bad!

Next step root as apps ops not working and facebook is now system app in note 4 so drain the hell out of battery.
    Well, I tried to get it on Vodafone PAYG but CPW wouldn't sell it. Bill pay only. Feckin... Was hoping to get it for weekend. Disappointed and angry.

kave2 wrote: »
    Well, I tried to get it on Vodafone PAYG but CPW wouldn't sell it. Bill pay only. Feckin... Was hoping to get it for weekend. Disappointed and angry.

It's available online. I have to say, it's a very fair price by Vodafone. Having said that, they don't assume you're going to reflash/unlock it for some other network! Expansys are quoting something like 784 euro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

can i put that f/w onto my Korean Note 4? to remove the korean branding?

• Advertisement

Hachiko wrote: »
    can i put that f/w onto my Korean Note 4? to remove the korean branding?

No, don't do that! The euro model we all have is SM-N910F so we are using firmware specific to that model. You will need to get firmware specific to your model. Here is a list of models.

Advertisement