Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

cheers, i was thinking it was not right...!

will this work do you know?

N910UXXU1ANIF firmware version for Galaxy Note 4 (New Zeland) (SM-N910U) from region CHO!

I got N910SKSU1ANJ1 build on my device info, its a SM-N910S model.

or this one... ::$

Device Name : Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910S
    Device Model : SM-N910S
    Date Update : 2014-10-17
    Region Code : SKC
    Region Country : Unknow
    Firmware Version : N910SKSU1ANJ2
    OS Name : KitKat
    OS Version : 4.4.4
    Change List : 2932692
    Hits : 0

Hachiko wrote: »
    or this one... ::$

Device Name : Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910S
    Device Model : SM-N910S
    Date Update : 2014-10-17
    Region Code : SKC
    Region Country : Unknow
    Firmware Version : N910SKSU1ANJ2
    OS Name : KitKat
    OS Version : 4.4.4
    Change List : 2932692
    Hits : 0

Wishing you went European GSM Snapdragon? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Got the Note 4 into my grubby little hands last night.....haven't had a chance to unbox yet ( pesky kids!!). I also haven't read back too far in case people think its pants. I'm hoping for a good leap from my old S3....

Hope you're all having fun with the new phone! I've been to a few places including the Samsung shop in Swords and there are no cases or screen protectors to be had. I've ordered something from Amazon so it'll be a nervous time until that arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

nicebutdim wrote:
    Hope you're all having fun with the new phone! I've been to a few places including the Samsung shop in Swords and there are no cases or screen protectors to be had. I've ordered something from Amazon so it'll be a nervous time until that arrives.

Just got mine last night also. I ordered a case from Amazon prime and got it in two days. I know how you feel regarding case though. You won't let it out of your sight till then. I'm waiting on a good tempered glass protector. None available yet.

Thor wrote:
    Connect the phone up in download mode (power button plus volume down, then press volume up to continue).

Thor wrote:
    Open up Odin, select AP and then pick the firmware file downloaded above(extract it first for the tar.md5 file) and then hit start.

Thor wrote:
    Anyone has an issues, just post here.

Hi Thor. Thanks for the info. Got the n4 last night on Vodafone payg. It's sim locked to Vodafone. With that in mind can I still download the links you listed and flash the generic UK rom or do I have to be sim unlocked? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Nikond800 wrote: »
    Hi Thor. Thanks for the info. Got the n4 last night on Vodafone payg. It's sim locked to Vodafone. With that in mind can I still download the links you listed and flash the generic UK rom or do I have to be sim unlocked? Thanks in advance

Mine is locked to Three although I haven't put any other sim card in to verify that. I flashed the unbranded software no problem

Mine is locked to Three although I haven't put any other sim card in to verify that. I flashed the unbranded software no problem

thanks for that. didn't think it would cause any issues but just wanted to double check. put in my American sim into my Vodafone and it's definitely locked to the Vodafone network. someone mentioned earlier of the website that unlocks the note. I might just use that. thanks again for the reply

Just got mine last night also. I ordered a case from Amazon prime and got it in two days. I know how you feel regarding case though. You won't let it out of your sight till then. I'm waiting on a good tempered glass protector. None available yet.

At the risk of getting a kick for mentioning the A word, a friend ordered the iPhone 6 Plus and case.... they now have the case but no phone to put into it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 PedroK

Has anyone managed to get any colour except the black one?

PedroK wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to get any colour except the black one?

Think they had the white one in the 3 shop in Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

Philip42 wrote: »
    It's available online. I have to say, it's a very fair price by Vodafone. Having said that, they don't assume you're going to reflash/unlock it for some other network! Expansys are quoting something like 784 euro!!
    I'm using Vodafone sim, so no need to unlock. I would only flash the btu rom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

If you buy from 02 how long is the warranty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

tommybc wrote: »
    If you buy from 02 how long is the warranty?

Same as any other place a one year warranty but under EU law you get 2 years from Samsung and being honest if I have a problem I will go to them and not o2

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wishing you went European GSM Snapdragon? :D

nah, not really. I can get the lollipop upodate anyway, just need to get the right roms for this model.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

Would you be so kind and let us now how and where did you find the unbranded software, any link would be handy, I got the (3) with annoying three logo everywhere

I didn't check it yet but as far as I know the UK 3 is lock free out of the box

Obecny wrote:
    Would you be so kind and let us now how and where did you find the unbranded software, any link would be handy, I got the (3) with annoying three logo everywhere

Hi Obency. Thor posted a few links back a few pages to the firmware and odin. Some people have downloaded and verified it all works

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

Hi Obency. Thor posted a few links back a few pages to the firmware and odin. Some people have downloaded and verified it all works

Thanks, I am blind here, sorry

If anyone is interested in cases the Ringke Slim is a good price at 5.99 on Amazon at the moment. I have it and quite happy with it, not amazing protection but that's the trade off with slim cases.

I've also got the Spigen Neo Hybrid ordered from the US, expecting delivery next week. Looks like it will over a bit more protection than the Ringke slim

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,
    Just going to flash the generic unbranded firmware Thor posted earlier. For any of you that have this done, did you still receive that recent 31mb update for battery improvements afterwards?
    Cheers

Hi Folks,
    Just going to flash the generic unbranded firmware Thor posted earlier. For any of you that have this done, did you still receive that recent 31mb update for battery improvements afterwards?
    Cheers

My understanding is that the latest firmware on the sammobile site contains this update? Could be wrong though?

Same as any other place a one year warranty but under EU law you get 2 years from Samsung and being honest if I have a problem I will go to them and not o2

Would you be able to get a refund instead of a replacement if there is a problem with the screen? I heard some have a yellow tint

Would you be able to get a refund instead of a replacement if there is a problem with the screen? Some shipped have a yellow tint

tommybc wrote: »
    Would you be able to get a refund instead of a replacement if there is a problem with the screen? Some shipped have a yellow tint

A repair 1st but if its a listed problem you can insist on a replacement

But having done a google there it seems to be a problem with The Note 3 not the note 4 but we will know in the next few days what problems the Note 4 has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I just wanted to quickly remind folks that the Note 4 comes with 3 months free OnLive playpack and 6 months free Deezer Premium subscriptions. Handy little inclusions, that can make those already paying for a music sub save a up to 60 euro. A neat bonus none the less and this is ontop of the Dropbox storage add-on. There is some other things there as well and you can check them out on the screenshot were it says galaxy gifts.

Thor wrote: »
    I just wanted to quickly remind folks that the Note 4 comes with 3 months free OnLive playpack and 6 months free Deezer Premium subscriptions. Handy little inclusions, that can make those already paying for a music sub save a up to 60 euro. A neat bonus none the less and this is ontop of the Dropbox storage add-on. There is some other things there as well and you can check them out on the screenshot were it says galaxy gifts.

Speaking of dropbox, my 50gb from my Note 2 was just about to expire, and for some reason they have upgraded me to a 1TB pro account for free for a year. Very weird, but I'm not complaining :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I've searched this thread, but can't see for sure: is the version of the Note 4 we get here the Snapdragon or Exynos version?

If I get it I want to stick Cyanogenmod on but from painful experience of the S3, I want to steer clear of the Exynos chipset.

Thanks.

munkee wrote: »
    I've searched this thread, but can't see for sure: is the version of the Note 4 we get here the Snapdragon or Exynos version?

If I get it I want to stick Cyanogenmod on but from painful experience of the S3, I want to steer clear of the Exynos chipset.

Thanks.

It's Snapdragon

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    Here is the link to download the firmware.

Here is the link to download Odin 3.10.

Connect the phone up in download mode (power button plus volume down, then press volume up to continue).

Open up Odin, select AP and then pick the firmware file downloaded above(extract it first for the tar.md5 file) and then hit start.

Anyone has an issues, just post here.

Hi Thor.
    Hope you can Help.
    I flashed the version above but my csc still says VDI.
    I booted into recovery three times, wiped cache partition,wiped data. Still says VDI.
    Any ideas

Ignore this Toor. I rebooting and wiped it for a 4th time and it worked.
    Tks for the links above

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's Snapdragon

Great news, thanks. For some reason a lot of the sites online say Europe has the Exynos chip, and the US and some others have Snapdragon.

Is the model number for the Irish version SM-N910F?

This list has both Exynos and Snapdragon listed for Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

What covers are people going for? I ended up buying the Ringke cover. Looks nice and is minimal in size.

OREGATO wrote: »
    What covers are people going for? I ended up buying the Ringke cover. Looks nice and is minimal in size.

Had a SPIGEN Neo Hybrid Case on my Note 3 and it was a fantastic case and i ended up getting it for free as it came missing the one of the buttons on the side and they said i could keep it.

So i went for the same case again for my Note 4 as it works out about 25 euros but you pay for what you get really.

I would say go for a SPIGEN if you can fantastic cases.

Using the Ringke fusion. Bought it as the Spigen wasn't available but I think I'll keep using it. It's a great case. Protects the earphone jack and usb port also. Just waiting on some good tempered glass and I'm all set.

got the i-Blason Slim Leather Wallet Book Cover case myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thanks guys.

Silly question but I assume there are no bricks and mortar shops in Dublin that would sell the cases? I don't mind paying a bit extra. Just don't want to wait two weeks for delivery from the states or further afield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Anyone been able to get a white one on meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Enjoying this phone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

My mobile provider called to say that my contract is up next month, but if I renew, I can have the Note 4.

If I didn't have its big brother, the Note Pro, I'd jump at it.

Very tempted, nonetheless. :o

finger print scanner.....

brutal !

other than that its awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Hachiko wrote: »
    finger print scanner.....

brutal !

other than that its awesome.

If you scan your finger in all different directions when registering the finger you will get sucess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Are there headphones included? If so are they any use?

8-10 wrote: »
    Are there headphones included? If so are they any use?

There is earphones in package. Usual samsung ones. They seem alright

Stuck a vodafone sim into my O2 phone and it asked for a network unlock code.
    O2 and 3 sims work fine

Thanks guys.

Silly question but I assume there are no bricks and mortar shops in Dublin that would sell the cases? I don't mind paying a bit extra. Just don't want to wait two weeks for delivery from the states or further afield.

The Samsung shop in the Pavilions in Swords said they'll have them no sooner than a week after the release. They had some sample only cases, expected the prices to be the same as the Note 3 cases

the i blason one i have it good, real leather. holds the note 4 firmly in place.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MJ9VGYO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

Where is the cheapest place to buy it not on a contract, €599.99 on Vodafone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Where is the cheapest place to buy it not on a contract, €599.99 on Vodafone?

O2 if you have priority 20% discount, works around 536€.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Would I be better off getting this in the States or upgrading on Three?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Great thread, I've enjoyed reading of everyone's experiences with this phone so far!

Just wondering if anyone has got one from Meteor yet, and is there a colour option with them or will they only be offering one colour? Thanks a lot

• Advertisement
Advertisement