Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

deep1 wrote: »
    Anyone here had German DBT lollipop first and now latest March build?

If yes, is there much diff apart from DND mode back? worth the upgrade?

Thanks

Yep, I had the German Feb build and upgraded to the "Unknown" March build today. Phone has got back some of the nippiness I feel it lost over last few weeks since I put on the Feb build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Yep, I had the German Feb build and upgraded to the "Unknown" March build today. Phone has got back some of the nippiness I feel it lost over last few weeks since I put on the Feb build.

Thanks did myself too, battery is slightly bit better on standby too.

Has anyone put Cyanogen on their Note 4? Just spent a couple of minutes using a note 4 which had it and it was amazing, looked and felt so much more smooth than stock

I would love too but don't fancy losing S-Pen functionality for extra bit of smoothness and heard battery is not great either on CM 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910F/

A few more firmwares have appeared online, Vodafone Ireland being one of them.

Date|Country/Carrier|Version|PDA|CSC|Kies
    2015-04-01|Ireland (Vodafone)|5.0.1|N910FXXU1BOC3|N910FVFG1BOC2|Yes

All the same I imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Thank's Standard Toaster.

I'm downloading the OTA update with Vodafone as we speak! yay!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

There's still nothing here for Emobile, that's no surprise really though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A few more firmwares have appeared online, Vodafone Ireland being one of them.

Date|Country/Carrier|Version|PDA|CSC|Kies
    2015-04-01|Ireland (Vodafone)|5.0.1|N910FXXU1BOC3|N910FVFG1BOC2|Yes

All the same I imagine.

Any DL Links?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Any DL Links?

Not here, on Meteor myself. Does Kies pick it up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

deep1 wrote: »
    I would love too but don't fancy losing S-Pen functionality for extra bit of smoothness and heard battery is not great either on CM 12.

You can get get S-Pen for Cyanogen Mod now. Not sure how it compares to the samsung implementation though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

If Lollipop is not out in a week I am rooting my Exynos Note 4 and putting on a custom rom, screw Samsung and the knox counter.

• Advertisement

Hachiko wrote: »
    If Lollipop is not out in a week I am rooting my Exynos Note 4 and putting on a custom rom, screw Samsung and the knox counter.

Why don't you flash the Lollipop from sammobile via odin.
    I am on it since german dbt was launched and now latest build, all good. You can always flash back when your carrier release it without tripping knox etc.

nothing for mine

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910U/

going to give them a week before I put on a custom rom. no more feking around with this

Hachiko wrote: »
    nothing for mine

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910U/

going to give them a week before I put on a custom rom. no more feking around with this

Ah i thought you had N910C variant, yeah it is unacceptable, samsung need to get their act together, this is supposed to be flagship phone.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭kave2

Got the update, Note 4 on Vodafone. BTU is always one of the last one to get the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I have my Note 4 a few days and the battery is shockingly poor. I'm not talking through usage even.. Over night last night (6 hours or so) it lost nearly 30% while idle with Samsungs power saver on. Now that can't be right. I find myself charging it twice a day with little to no usage. The battery just drops off. What to do what to do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

I have my Note 4 a few days and the battery is shockingly poor. I'm not talking through usage even.. Over night last night (6 hours or so) it lost nearly 30% while idle with Samsungs power saver on. Now that can't be right. I find myself charging it twice a day with little to no usage. The battery just drops off. What to do what to do??
    What would you do if someone told you that a BMW pulling a large mobile home is burning fuel? Perhaps detach the mobile home and see how the BMW performs!

A phone is the same, put it into SafeMode for 12 hours - that temporarily detaches the apps - then monitor the phone's battery consumption. If the battery consumption is still high bring it back to the shop - phone is dodgy!
    If battery consumption improves under SafeMode, the problem is not your phone, it's an app you downloaded - phone is fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Still waiting for the update on 3 Ireland.

tallus wrote: »
    Still waiting for the update on 3 Ireland.

How are you finding your battery life ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Got the update there last night on vodaphonemy note 4 has gone crazy fast since the the update and runs extramly well compare to the old 4.4.4 that it was running.

there seems to be no lag what so ever on facebook now and typing is a lot less lag as well with the new keyboard from Samsung.

The battery for me is fairly ok not great like for the day I would have to bring my charger with me to work to be safe and I would be using wifi then I would have location turn on all the time to use tinder. My phone says something like 20 hours on a full charge. I find leaving viber and tinder running to be the biggist killer on my battery life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

Getting tired of waiting for the btu update so I'm going to flash the 'unknown' build or the Vodafone Ireland build. Is there a preference here for either of these two builds? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement

Nikond800 wrote: »
    Getting tired of waiting for the btu update so I'm going to flash the 'unknown' build or the Vodafone Ireland build. Is there a preference here for either of these two builds? Thanks in advance

Afaik they both are same BOC3, i have unknown and working all good. I avoid to flash carrier build.

Thanks deep1,
    Downloading the unknown build now. Taking an age.
    Thanks again.

Thanks deep1,
    Downloading the unknown build now. Taking an age.
    Thanks again.

No worries, xda have fast mega link, depending upon your speed, you might download in under 10 mins.

I am on mobile, think it is this one so please double check

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/lollipop-5-0-1-n910fxxu1boc3-t3059806

Thanks deep. That link worked perfect. Downloading now. it's miles faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭wandererz

Awoke this morning to find Lollipop update available (Vodafone).

Slightly over 1GB in size. Took approximately 45mins to download over WiFi.

Error afterwards with Google Play Services update. It constantly hung at 29%.
    I updated all other apps and problem resolved itself.
    Did a cache wipe just in case. And everything seems fine so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I got the update last week I think, whenever it was posted in this thread. I'm with Vodafone too and it's been flawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

How are you finding your battery life ?

Quite good, I can get a day and a half without having to charge, but I wouldn't be a heavy user.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Hey just wondering what the story is with the official samsung firmware updates. Maybe I am being thick! but if VF and the likes have theirs out why would those of us running the stock samsung have to wait even longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Darwin

In the same boat as you battser, I bought a VF note 4, then flashed it to a stock build of 4.4.2 but not update since. Not sure if I should continue waiting or just use the link posted above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Hey, I haven't been on the boards in ages, just logged in to see if there was any news on Lollipop. Good to see the roll out is underway, any news on a meteor release??

Been busy but will definately put on a custom rom on my Note 4 soon, within a week

Samsung can go f*** off with themselves, knox counter meh

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Bit the bullet there tonight and installed Deep1's link. Will report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I followed Deep1's link and installed lollipop earlier. So far so good, minor changes.

The only irritant is the lollipop profiles but Samsung have the sound option in the notification bar so that helps a lot.

battser wrote: »
    Bit the bullet there tonight and installed Deep1's link. Will report back.
    I followed Deep1's link and installed lollipop earlier. So far so good, minor changes.

The only irritant is the lollipop profiles but Samsung have the sound option in the notification bar so that helps a lot.

Guys, since then i have updated to DBT FW, Mute option is back and battery life is much improved, here is the link if you want.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/45145/N910FXXU1BOC3_N910FOXA1BOC3_DBT/

Think I have the right one installed?

Screenshot_2015-04-15-13-52-39_zpsnhet17ye.png

• Advertisement

I notice today's update above for Israel has a PDA of N910FXXU1BOC5
    N910FXXU1BOC5
    Changelist 4596175
    Build date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:31:16 +0000

N910FXXU1BOC3
    Changelist 4456564
    Build date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 06:50:03 +0000

No idea what's different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

About to be out of contract and the cheepest place I have seen this phone is Vodafone for 600 ready to go. For those who bought of Vodafone did they come unlocked or are they tied to the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

CptMackey wrote: »
    About to be out of contract and the cheepest place I have seen this phone is Vodafone for 600 ready to go. For those who bought of Vodafone did they come unlocked or are they tied to the network?

Mine was locked, bought it payg

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭kave2

CptMackey wrote: »

Locked, Vodafone PAYG.

Might he worth looking on adverts. I picked up a sealed and unlocked note 4 the other day with a spigen and otterbox for 500. Just so happened it had the two cases that I wanted to get anyway. If the seller has good feedback it's usually fine.

Stuck the DBT version of the software on earlier...4 hours to download. I haven't noticed a difference yet from the other one on the XDA thread though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got tired of waiting myself so stuck on CM12 5.02 yesterday. So far everything is working great with the exception of the fingerprint reader (which doesn't work at all!). Seems much faster too.

_Kaiser_ wrote:
    Got tired of waiting myself so stuck on CM12 5.02 yesterday. So far everything is working great with the exception of the fingerprint reader (which doesn't work at all!). Seems much faster too.

Do you have all the pen functionality you had with Samsung rom?
    I flashed a generic lollipop rom and I'm not happy with the battery life. Can you let us know how battery life works out for you after you've put it through its paces. If battery life were good. I'd happily flash it

_Kaiser_ wrote:

I flashed a generic lollipop rom and I'm not happy with the battery life. Can you let us know how battery life works out for you after you've put it through its paces. If battery life were good. I'd happily flash it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

How do you find the camera quality on cm?

I have to admit the battery life on the note 4 is brutal. I have it a few weeks now and it's like taking a step backwards in battery life from the note 2. I know the screen is more power hungry but checking the battery usage the android system is the biggest offender. I'm not a heavy user I have downloaded little to no apps and even in standby my battery is being slaughtered.

No, you lose the pen functionality but to be honest I never use it anyway. Why I love these phones is the screen size so no loss to me.

Battery life is MUCH improved though. Under official 4.4.4 I was charging it twice a day as a heavy user. Now it seems to be lasting the full day.

Camera quality seems fine to me but as long as it's 'good enough' it does me so who knows :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I have to admit the battery life on the note 4 is brutal. I have it a few weeks now and it's like taking a step backwards in battery life from the note 2. I know the screen is more power hungry but checking the battery usage the android system is the biggest offender. I'm not a heavy user I have downloaded little to no apps and even in standby my battery is being slaughtered.
    How brutal? Do you get a day and a half out of it, like the note 2? My 2 year old note 2 still gives me a full day with heavy usage.
    Was thinking of upgrading purely to avail of 4g, battery life is a big decider too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

There's something wrong with your Note 4 then, mine has the best battery life of any phone I have owned and that includes the Note 2.

Inquitus wrote: »
    There's something wrong with your Note 4 then, mine has the best battery life of any phone I have owned and that includes the Note 2.

I read up a little on this since my post. There seems to be a common enough issue with the note 4 where the processing of information to your sd card causes the battery to drain quicker. You might say that's rubbish but when I checked my phone I was using a 3rd party browser which was mounted on my sd card. I've since unmounted my sd card which obviously means the phone won't send info to it. The drain has been substantially less on the battery in that space of time. A coincidence. ..I'm not so sure.

Update...

So CW12 5.0.2 continued to impress with great battery life, but there was a weird bug in it where it would randomly disable Nova Launcher which is a pain.

So I've just reflashed to the official 5.0.1 German firmware and rooted. Will see how this runs for the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement