Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Update...

So CW12 5.0.2 continued to impress with great battery life, but there was a weird bug in it where it would randomly disable Nova Launcher which is a pain.

So I've just reflashed to the official 5.0.1 German firmware and rooted. Will see how this runs for the day.

Do you have to root to put to CM12 on? I use nova as well though so might wait until they have that fixed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Do you have to root to put to CM12 on? I use nova as well though so might wait until they have that fixed?

I was rooted anyway but I don't think it's a prerequisite. You do need the correct recovery though - I followed these instructions:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/orig-development/official-cm12-910f-910g-t3046965

CM12 comes pre-rooted.. you just enable it in Developer Options after the install.

5.0.1 is working fine so far.. have everything back up and running now so we'll see over the next 2/3 days how the battery life holds up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Quick update.. Running just over 16h on battery now with no power saving modes enabled, heavy enough usage yesterday and WiFi running and still at 46% now this morning

Big improvement on my experiences with 4.4.4 anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Quick update.. Running just over 16h on battery now with no power saving modes enabled, heavy enough usage yesterday and WiFi running and still at 46% now this morning

What firmware build did you use?

The question is really what was it when you went to bed last night? I'm guessing your stats then were 50% gone in 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I am so unhappy with the 5.01 update! ball of poo

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I am so unhappy with the 5.01 update! ball of poo

Ah dont say that, im actually right in the middle of it flashing as i type :D

I have 5.1 on my Nexus 7 and i love it.

Oh wonderful, Odin failed to flash the official rom. Now i am stuck on the ''Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'' screen, only one problem, Kies wont connect to my phone. Ive destroyed it havent i?

Oh wonderful, Odin failed to flash the official rom. Now i am stuck on the ''Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'' screen, only one problem, Kies wont connect to my phone. Ive destroyed it havent i?

Well i gave up trying to find a remedy for it online, i managed to do a factory reset through Kies somehow. Everything was backed up so no losses, i think ill just wait the 8 months before Emobile release it OTA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

The version linked a couple of pages back works flawlessly. Did you follow those instructions?

The version linked a couple of pages back works flawlessly. Did you follow those instructions?

I didn't, I went for a different one. The message on odin said something like the image was too big, I'll give it another go at the weekend. The sammobile downloads are so slow despite the fact I have 240mb/s internet, it takes 3 hours to download the files.

Follow the link a few pages back and there's a fast download link and everything.

Follow the link a few pages back and there's a fast download link and everything.

Excellent, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Hi

Just wondering what type of cases you have gotten for your phone?
    I got the Samsung flip one and am finding it annoying and I don't think it's protecting the phone much either.

Has anyone an Otterbox??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

pinkstars wrote: »
    Hi

I got the Samsung flip one and am finding it annoying and I don't think it's protecting the phone much either.

Has anyone an Otterbox??

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181640049815&alt=web

I got this in navy. Doesn't add bulk and I've always preferred a compact case rather than a flip one.

• Advertisement

Looks like a lovely case!

I may invest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

+1 for the spigen neo hybrid.

Though mine is plastic... Now that I see they have a metal one though I might need to upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Is anyone a fan of the Otterbox?

Is anyone a fan of the Otterbox?

I have the plastic neo hybrid and it put minor scratches on the edges - polished out but annoying. Using an Otterbox instead and it's grand - bulky though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Quick question for them there today on my note 4 i got notification that says i am using a lot of data. Went into my settings and seen that i used over 2GB of data in less then 4 hours :eek:. Worring a bit about this as i only have i think 6GB with Vodaphone on my plan and i dont won't to end up using all my data for no reason.

Has anyone ever had that problem before ?.

Have you checked what's using your data? Restoring apps?

Every app is using the same amount of data. EG Snap chat, Chrome and Gmail.

So extremely confused

While you are here. Could you link me to the post that you mentioned last night that had the faster download for 5.0.1?

Quick question for them there today on my note 4 i got notification that says i am using a lot of data. Went into my settings and seen that i used over 2GB of data in less then 4 hours :eek:. Worring a bit about this as i only have i think 6GB with Vodaphone on my plan and i dont won't to end up using all my data for no reason.

Thats strange, very very strange.

Open up your settings and then data usage and see what used up that much in such a short space of time.

Thats strange, very very strange.

Open up your settings and then data usage and see what used up that much in such a short space of time.

Opened it up there all the data seems to be used today as the graph is small then gos huge in the last 24 hours.

The only time i have been with out Wifi was for about 5 hours of that and i only used my phone maybe once in that time frame.

While you are here. Could you link me to the post that you mentioned last night that had the faster download for 5.0.1?

This is it, I have since upgraded but it was fine, stable and battery life was ok.
    deep1 wrote: »
    No worries, xda have fast mega link, depending upon your speed, you might download in under 10 mins.

I am on mobile, think it is this one so please double check

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/lollipop-5-0-1-n910fxxu1boc3-t3059806

Opened it up there all the data seems to be used today as the graph is small then gos huge in the last 24 hours.

The only time i have been with out Wifi was for about 5 hours of that and i only used my phone maybe once in that time frame.

If you scroll down it will show exactly what apps used just how much data

This is it, I have since upgraded but it was fine, stable and battery life was ok.

Did you have any issues when flashing with the rom? The message i got yesterday was something along the lines of the volume size being too big.

Doesn't settings give you a breakdown of what is using it? Like which apps?

• Advertisement

Did you have any issues when flashing with the rom? The message i got yesterday was something along the lines of the volume size being too big.

None whatsoever. Follow the instructions to the word and it should work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Do you take a lot of photos are have a lot on the phone. My HTC used a huge amount of data last month when Google + uploaded all my photos to the cloud thing. It did it when I was a way from WiFi. Check your settings on those apps and ones like drop box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Turn off synching when not on wifi, likely you put in an SD Card full of photos and it started synching them on Data

None whatsoever. Follow the instructions to the word and it should work.

Got this sorted this evening, cheers man.

Got this sorted this evening, cheers man.

Deep1 is the man to thank, he sorted out the link! Good you're sorted though, mute button is back:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Deep1 is the man to thank, he sorted out the link! Good you're sorted though, mute button is back:D

Guys new updated BTU FW is released, BOC5, have it installed, can't see real improvement but ph is more responsive, XDA people have said they are getting great battery life than BOC3, Here is fast link if anyone need.

chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!lhJxESqI!l44fK5iB_D6oOl8ODImpZUjJ14-Sq3ixStLHa5MTYr8

Finally downloading the lollipop update ota, running BTU UK firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Hi

Has anyone an Otterbox??

I got the otterbox symmetry case and a zukin temepered glass protector. It's the job I have to say.

• Advertisement

Guys new updated BTU FW is released, BOC5, have it installed, can't see real improvement but ph is more responsive, XDA people have said they are getting great battery life than BOC3, Here is fast link if anyone need.

chrome://mega/content/secure.html#!lhJxESqI!l44fK5iB_D6oOl8ODImpZUjJ14-Sq3ixStLHa5MTYr8

Nice one, just downloaded and installed it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

What's the best sim free deal that folks are seeing out there for the Note 4 at the moment?

A relative was asking, and I'm seeing much that beats either Amazon.Co.uk or a Vodafone payg +unlock code to suggest to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Try Amazon.De

TBi wrote: »
    Try Amazon.De

I had a look at that, the faffing about with a mail forwarding service is hardly worth the hassle for the saving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

corwill wrote: »
    What's the best sim free deal that folks are seeing out there for the Note 4 at the moment?

A relative was asking, and I'm seeing much that beats either Amazon.Co.uk or a Vodafone payg +unlock code to suggest to him.

You have to keep in mind that unlock code price has been increased from 18€ to 35€ too if you buy from vodafone.

You have to keep in mind that unlock code price has been increased from 18€ to 35€ too if you buy from vodafone.

He might as well get it from Amazon.co.UK, then. It's some swizz that we're stuck with .co.UK here in Ireland, with .fr and .de being cheaper and actually pricing in our currency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

corwill wrote: »
    I had a look at that, the faffing about with a mail forwarding service is hardly worth the hassle for the saving.

They ship directly to Ireland if you buy directly from them.

TBi wrote: »
    They ship directly to Ireland if you buy directly from them.

Yep, silly me, that was just a particular 3rd party seller on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Downloading an update now on 3 Ireland. It's 973mb so it must be Lollipop.
    Edit: phone really heated up while the update was installing. I restarted the phone when the install was completed and noticed the screen was really hot after I rebooted. Has anybody else had this happen?
    /edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

Meteor get the fcukin finger out

I'd recommend people do factory reset after getting the lollipop update. First night after updating the battery dropped nearly 15% overnight, after reset it only dropped 2% overnight! It's a pain setting stuff up again though

• Advertisement
Advertisement