Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

you got the snapdragon and yet its exynos?
    Sorry I was thinking s was the snapdragon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

I never said i got the snapdragon.

I knew you were getting the exyons I was following your posts. I was surprised to see N910S on the box, I was expecting N910C,
    Congrats on your monster :)

its N910S, i checked under the battery.

about the build quality, the main body looks good, solid and stands out a lot, the back part is rubbish and just cheap piss, is this meant to be faux leather? in any event i am not bothered as the main device itself is really impressive.

fast charging works a bomb and the energy saving/low battery mode is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

Hachiko wrote: »
    its N910S, i checked under the battery.

about the build quality, the main body looks good, solid and stands out a lot, the back part is rubbish and just cheap piss, is this meant to be faux leather? in any event i am not bothered as the main device itself is really impressive.

fast charging works a bomb and the energy saving/low battery mode is great.

What about the gap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Where did you get it from?

well, its not something i would be concerned about, its not like you can fit a few gob stoppers in there. There is a bit of a gap on one side (an A4 sheet can go down a small bit, certainly wont fit a business card in there), but unless you are OCD it should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

well, its not something i would be concerned about, its not like you can fit a few gob stoppers in there. There is a bit of a gap on one side (an A4 sheet can go down a small bit, certainly wont fit a business card in there), but unless you are OCD it should be fine.

I am OCD..:p anyone remember when dust started to appear under the screen of your 6310i! Don't like seeing dust gathering in gaps around the screen, especially as sometimes there is slight glue residue in there and dust sticks to it.

you are not going to fit a nail into this gap, its not the sally gap i mean. I think its standard design cosmetics, its just the outside bezel part. I had some concern about reading it too but after seeing it up close its nothing to worry about, and then you have this monstrous screen to keep you happy...

Got this on ebay.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Messing around with the dates, plus the fact that I could break my contract early due to a change by Three as long as I gave them notice by the 20th of this month but after that I had to stay with my contract for the remainder of the term (8 months) meant I switched to Vodafone with the Z3.

I really wanted to order the Note 4, being a Note 2 user but I had a finite time to port out and the delays just meant it wasn't going to be possible.

Hachiko does your note 4 work ok on the 4G network here?

LTE works fine, it has korean apps i cant remove. some Korean teleco. I am sure if you did a root you could get rid of.

you could probably flash a non branded firmware to get rid of that stuff.

I take it there's no region lock crap that was on the Note 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Meteor told me on Facebook that it's available in store now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Craigels wrote: »

Do we believe them though?

Craigels wrote: »

It's not on there website + Samsung Ireland said that it b out on the 23rd so I can't understand how they have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know if this is the sim free price? Seems pretty good if it is?

Ordered from O2 on prepay for €660.99 less 20% priority discount for a total €535.99 delivered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

anyone know when it's coming out on vodafone?

markad1 wrote: »
    Ordered from O2 on prepay for €660.99 less 20% priority discount for a total €535.99 delivered :)

Is it locked to O2? Does it come with any O2 branding? How does the priority discount work, how do you avail of it? Might try the same but only if it isn't locked to O2?

http://o2priority.ie/moments/
    You register for O2 priority and you select the 20% discount for online purchases

I got the note 3 the same way last year and it was locked to O2. It had no branding.

How did u order this when it's out of stock? Unless u ordered it earlier

leemaree wrote: »
    How did u order this when it's out of stock? Unless u ordered it earlier

Was in stock when I ordered. It may have been a mistake and not in stock at all.

Was in stock when I ordered. It may have been a mistake and not in stock at all.

Yes, I tried this and it was out of stock. 5 mins later, it was out of stock when I refreshed it. I suppose it depends when u look at the site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yeah, I placed my order on o2 at around 15:30 I think. O2's dispatch and they said they getting them tomorrow and should be shipping them the next day.

Looking forward to it arriving. Nice you see you got the discount as well markad1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Went into two meteor stores there and they didn't have any and didn't have a clue when they would. One said November.

Thor, the discount sealed the deal.
    I was interested in the exynos version Hachiko got but I couldn't pass the 20% off.
    I seen a unit in India that had a sticker on the box saying about activating with a sim card from that region :mad:
    Anyone importing be careful of this.

• Advertisement

Thor, the discount sealed the deal.
    I was interested in the exynos version Hachiko got but I couldn't pass the 20% off.
    I seen a unit in India that had a sticker on the box saying about activating with a sim card from that region :mad:
    Anyone importing be careful of this.

nothing wrong with dragon, they are both stupid fast phones at the end of the day, people might say why the bench marks are not higher with all that processing power but the display is a monster.

nothing wrong with dragon, they are both stupid fast phones at the end of the day, people might say why the bench marks are not higher with all that processing power but the display is a monster.

I agree. I could have picked up the Exynos myself, but waited out to order the snapdragon. Mainly because of the extra development support behind it. Even more so now that the Nexus 6 is using the same chipset.

Either way, performance on both of these devices are more than good enough and I can't imagine anything that will completely saturate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Is anybody here with o2? isnt the lack of a 4g network annoying you with such a great device. i have the note 3 and want to leave vodafone but o2 keep stalling on the 4g info.

any reccomendations?

4G doesn't bother me. There's wifi everywhere. 4G would be nice for the few times there's no wifi.

doyle7 wrote: »
    Is anybody here with o2? isnt the lack of a 4g network annoying you with such a great device. i have the note 3 and want to leave vodafone but o2 keep stalling on the 4g info.

any reccomendations?

I'm on Three's 4G and while it is nice to have it is vastly overrated imo. They are going to start charging for it from December but I'll be sticking with 3G which is perfectly fine for my needs. Unless you like to watch HD videos on youtube and other bandwidth intensive tasks then it's fairly pointless.

Right, I have the Galaxy Note 4 page open on 02.ie to see when/if it's available. I'm going to refresh it now and again to see ;-)

leemaree....I use chrome and theres an extension for it called page monitor. I told it to monitor the O2 and google page and anytime there's changes to the page I get a notification.
    It's handy for monitoring when new stuff is added :)

leemaree....I use chrome and theres an extension for it called page monitor. I told it to monitor the O2 and google page and anytime there's changes to the page I get a notification.

Cool, I'll try that and i'll try do it and see if I can work it out as I have google chrome

I've monitored my page (I think) I don't know how to get a notification. Will I get it through e-mail or something?

• Advertisement

right click on the page monitor....click options and reduce the check interval to monitor quicker :)
    also enable desktop notification.
    You will see a number pop up on the page monitor icon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just out of carphone warehouse, said phone goes on sale & they'll have stock tomorrow. Full network pricing is only being released to them tonight.

Apparently they have them in Samsung experience store in Dundrum and selling it on Vodafone prepay for 599. They are not selling them sim free unlocked :(

Apparently they have them in Samsung experience store in Dundrum and selling it on Vodafone prepay for 599. They are not selling them sim free unlocked :(

Pity 😟

If that's the case, that's a pretty solid price.

You can easily unlock it for around under €25. Which would still make it cheaper than buying it sim free.

Perhaps O2 will ship them today, if they get them in time, but guessing they will still wait until tomorrow.

At least they aren't shipping them on a Friday like with the Note 3, and we have to wait thought a weekend.

If anyone get's an O2 dispatch email, make sure to update the thread.

Also, UAG just announce their covers for the Note 4, going to be getting a few to review.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Have mine ordered for the morning, 119 on three upgrade not bad of you ask me, though don't think I'll be playing to much with it till I get a case and screen protector

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    If that's the case, that's a pretty solid price.

You can easily unlock it for around under €25. Which would still make it cheaper than buying it sim free.

Perhaps O2 will ship them today, if they get them in time, but guessing they will still wait until tomorrow.

At least they aren't shipping them on a Friday like with the Note 3, and we have to wait thought a weekend.

If anyone get's an O2 dispatch email, make sure to update the thread.

Also, UAG just announce their covers for the Note 4, going to be getting a few to review.

02 had them on sale online yesterday but I missed the chance to order it :( It kept popping up in stock and then out of stock, in stock, out of stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

puddles22 wrote: »
    Have mine ordered for the morning, 119 on three upgrade not bad of you ask me, though don't think I'll be playing to much with it till I get a case and screen protector

How did you manage that? I'm on three but when I go to upgrade it won't let me select the Note 4, did you do it in-store?

8-10 wrote: »
    How did you manage that? I'm on three but when I go to upgrade it won't let me select the Note 4, did you do it in-store?

Yes in-store, they have three in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

puddles22 wrote: »
    Yes in-store, they have three in stock

Nice one. I want the white version so might wait until next week to get it in store

Also did you happen to get the Flex Max 350 price for the handset?

8-10 wrote: »
    Nice one. I want the white version so might wait until next week to get it in store

Also did you happen to get the Flex Max 350 price for the handset?

No just the unlimited plan and yes it was only black available at this time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement