Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

Thor, I checked with O2 today and the rep said it's just listed as processing.
    Are you the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

puddles22 wrote: »
    Yes in-store, they have three in stock

Which store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭leemaree

02 might lower this when it officially comes out 2morrow as they lowered the s4 when it first came out

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

puddles22 wrote: »
    Have mine ordered for the morning, 119 on three upgrade not bad of you ask me, though don't think I'll be playing to much with it till I get a case and screen protector

Which price plan is that on??

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

dpjmie wrote: »
    Which price plan is that on??

Cheers

Puddles22 mentioned it was unlimited plan on the other thread. (Three forum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Thor wrote: »
    Puddles22 mentioned it was unlimited plan on the other thread. (Three forum)

Looked just now at the 5S on the upgrade page for comparison as it's also 119 on unlimited, and the other prices are:

Classic Flex - Max 350 - 18mts - €339, 24mts - €169 for the handset

Mini flex is same handset price for the same durations.

So my best guess is that the Note 4 will come in around the same prices for those plans

I'm heading to the States next week, worth looking into getting it over there you think, or upgrading with 3?

8-10 wrote: »
    Looked just now at the 5S on the upgrade page for comparison as it's also 119 on unlimited, and the other prices are:

Classic Flex - Max 350 - 18mts - €339, 24mts - €169 for the handset

Mini flex is same handset price for the same durations.

So my best guess is that the Note 4 will come in around the same prices for those plans

Yeah, I'm done with buying phones subsidized now.

The 169 isn't too bad of a price, but can't believe they charge an extra 140 for 18 months over 24 months. Those 6 months would cost you 240. So it's really an extra 100 for an extra 6 months of the same tarriff and you wouldn't have to drop the added 240 for over a year.

They might as well scrap the 18 month deal if they can't do a better offer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Which store?
    Letterkenny

Does anyone know how much of delay there is receiving updates when you have a carrier branded device?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how much of delay there is receiving updates when you have a carrier branded device?

It can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Depends on how heavy the update is I guess and the specific network.

I'm hoping the Android L update for the Note 4 doesn't take long, but I will be going with a custom ROM straight of that bat anyway. So not worried about networks taking their sweet time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

What the best bill pay plan at the moment I'm paying meteor 50 a month for 400 minutes and texts with 2gb data 18month contract.

I could do with more data and less minutes and texts but it seems to be 24month contracts now with them and I don't want that. Buying the phone straight out isn't an option.

Craigels wrote: »
    What the best bill pay plan at the moment I'm paying meteor 50 a month for 400 minutes and texts with 2gb data 18month contract.

I could do with more data and less minutes and texts but it seems to be 24month contracts now with them and I don't want that. Buying the phone straight out isn't an option.

I'm on 3 and pay around 32 for 350 mins or 700 texts or combination of the 2, and unlimited data* not really unlimited but i use average about 10-15gb a month minimum and Bill is always roughly 32 and max of 35

Craigels wrote: »

To be honest, unless you go with a 24 month contract, your not really going to see how sort of decent price.

The Three 18 month has the phone at 340, but me and markad1 paid 535 for it pre-pay and not contract.

youcancallmeal mentioned they were in carphonewarehouse (samsung store) on Vodafone prepay for 599.

So it's really not worth paying the extra each month for a phone on the 18 month contract, when in fact it's only an extra 160 or so for it without a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

To be honest, unless you go with a 24 month contract, your not really going to see how sort of decent price.

The Three 18 month has the phone at 340, but me and markad1 paid 535 for it pre-pay and not contract.

youcancallmeal mentioned they were in carphonewarehouse (samsung store) on Vodafone prepay for 599.

So it's really not worth paying the extra each month for a phone on the 18 month contract, when in fact it's only an extra 160 or so for it without a contract.

I am on Three but if i buy on O2 can it be easily unlocked like i did s5.

What is the European model no of Note 4 so i can check, very tempted with that price and getting bored with 6plus already.

Can you tell me where you got the information on the phone?? I just called car phone warehouse and three upgrade, both said they are unaware what the pricing structure will be??

Cheers

deep1 wrote: »
    I am on Three but if i buy on O2 can it be easily unlocked like i did s5.

What is the European model no of Note 4 so i can check, very tempted with that price and getting bored with 6plus already.

Euro model number is SM-N910F. All models listed here

Can you tell me where you got the information on the phone?? I just called car phone warehouse and three upgrade, both said they are unaware what the pricing structure will be??

Cheers

All that info I got from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Cheers

blog.carphonewarehouse.ie/index.php/first-buy-galaxy-note-4-ses-stores-tomorrow/

halfway down the page shows general pricing for both pre and bill pay.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else that ordered from O2 gotten an email requesting a credit card statement and proof of ID?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

Has anyone else that ordered from O2 gotten an email requesting a credit card statement and proof of ID?

They do that sometimes. Last time I ordered off them I gave a copy of a bank statement relating to the debit card I paid with.

DarkBlonde wrote: »
    They do that sometimes. Last time I ordered off them I gave a copy of a bank statement relating to the debit card I paid with.

Do you remember how long it took for them to confirm the order. I'm hoping this doesn't cause delays.

Thor were you doing bill pay or pay as you go?

markad1 wrote: »
    Thor were you doing bill pay or pay as you go?

The o2 order was for pay as you go.

Ah bollox I'll be expecting one so aswell

• Advertisement

Ah bollox I'll be expecting one so aswell

I wouldn't be so sure.

I didn't get hit by one last year with the Note 3, but fairly certain some people did.

I'm guessing its just random.

I checked the status of my order with their chat support, which are typically fairly useless when it comes to actual help. (India based)

They did. However, tell me that my order was received in the warehouse. This means it should ship as soon as they get the stock or are allowed to ship them.

So after all the speculation and people paying crazy prices to reserve online, it's €650....exactly the same as last year.

Happens with every new release, and I still stand by the opinion you won't really get a better deal than walking in to a shop on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HotSwat

Anybody have any idea about Three? I've called Samsung Experience, Carphone Warehouse and Three themselves, but nobody has any idea of prices or when they'll even get it in.
    I'm also hoping to upgrade, moving on to the mini flex 100 for €25 a month...anybody have an idea how much the handset should cost with this?

To those who already have it, what do you guys think so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Hey man,

Its just a security check. I had to send them when I ordered iPhone 6 on Prepay with 02. I sent them on a Thursday morning and the phone was dispatched and got tracking via email that evening. Phone was delivered next morning (Friday).

Its basically a bank account statement, I sent pic of one from last year , there was no issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Yeah, I'm done with buying phones subsidized now.

Same here, I pay 21E or thereabouts for my monthly 3 bills and that includes eat all you want data.

I use the Sony z3 btw, the waterproof won me over.

• Advertisement

Just got a dispatched email

I wouldn't b surprised if carphonewarehouse will charge more on this phone than the actually shop 02 itself on prepay. It happens loads of times

Jealous. U got in there before me haha.

Fingers crossed for ya

Nothing over here. Would be great if mine would dispatch as well. I have this horrible feeling that security check cause a delay.

Will update if I get anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MrJagger

Guys this is odd.. I looked on the o2 Store yet it only includes

Handset
    Charger
    Data Cable
    Battery
    Quick Start Guide
    Smart switch Guide

But where's the earphones ? or does o2 don't offer earphones with the Note 4 ? if so that would be lame, please let me know guys thanks.

MrJagger wrote: »

Handset
    Charger
    Data Cable
    Battery
    Quick Start Guide
    Smart switch Guide

But where's the earphones ? or does o2 don't offer earphones with the Note 4 ? if so that would be lame, please let me know guys thanks.

I would say they just forgot to include the earphones in the list.

MrJagger wrote: »

Handset
    Charger
    Data Cable
    Battery
    Quick Start Guide
    Smart switch Guide

It's actually funny but I've been holding off buying earphones (current ones went in the left ear) for past 2 weeks because I'd assumed I'd get a new pair with the Note 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Michael_Res1

I am picking up a note 4 tomorrow from carphone warehouse. I am making a switch from an iphone 5, because I want a serious business phone. I hope it lives up to my expectations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

I'm upgrading to it in the morning in and for the life of me I can't find a bill from the last 3 months... Can they print off a meteor bill for me to use in the store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

Received email from Clove this afternoon, delayed until 31st of October. Ridiculous!! Can I actually buy it tomorrow from CPW for 650€ on Vodafone prepay? I'll cancel my Clove order straight away.

kave2 wrote: »
    Received email from Clove this afternoon, delayed until 31st of October. Ridiculous!! Can I actually buy it tomorrow from CPW for 650€ on Vodafone prepay? I'll cancel my Clove order straight away.

That's what any sane person would do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭kave2

Basil3 wrote: »
    That's what any sane person would do :D

I'll call CPW stores here in Galway. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

I have a question...

So we all say that signing up to a contract is not the best value when it comes to these high end phones as the upped price in contract means I don't really save in the long run plus the fact I'm stuck with the same shower for 2 years. However, I want this phone and after speaking with someone in CPW, they have told me that they only have them with Vodafone on bill pay tomorrow. My name is down for one and it'll be held for 30 minutes (They tried to put it through tonight but the system wouldn't let them)

He wasn't able to give me the price yet and if I were to look at the blog link here: http://blog.carphonewarehouse.ie/index.php/first-buy-galaxy-note-4-ses-stores-tomorrow/ it states that it'll be €129 outright and then €55 per month for 24 months.

Total cost of this plan is: €1,320 (55 x 24) + €129 initial purchase leading to a whopper €1,449.

That's a high price. But when I think about it - I spend €30 a month on the 'My Way' plan which is essentially all I need -

If I do the math of €30 x 24 months it's €720 + the RRP of the phone (€649) = €1,369.

The difference with this is essentially €80 which I can live with. However, I just wanted to run peoples thoughts over this - I know that tying myself in for 2 years isn't smart but I mean, this doesn't seem too bad??

Am I missing something? I have no problems with paying the €649 tomorrow, however, they won't sell it pre pay to me :( I really want the phone and have been on two year contracts in the past, I hated the fact that I was tied in but apart from that, I didn't care.

Anyone shed some light on this for me?

I'd have no problem being in a 24month contract as long as you're definitely staying living in the country for next 2 years, and if it's the latest model (which the Note is)

What I don't get are people who go for older models of phones on long contracts. If it's a new model that you'd be happy with then 24 month contract can work out well, I had one until April and have been waiting for the Note 4 to enter into another one.

I have the money to buy outright but no matter what I do I'll be paying X per month on a bill so I've no problem personally adding the chunk of the phone cost in that.

Not sure if that helps!

OREGATO wrote: »
    I have a question...

So we all say that signing up to a contract is not the best value when it comes to these high end phones as the upped price in contract means I don't really save in the long run plus the fact I'm stuck with the same shower for 2 years. However, I want this phone and after speaking with someone in CPW, they have told me that they only have them with Vodafone on bill pay tomorrow. My name is down for one and it'll be held for 30 minutes (They tried to put it through tonight but the system wouldn't let them)

He wasn't able to give me the price yet and if I were to look at the blog link here: http://blog.carphonewarehouse.ie/index.php/first-buy-galaxy-note-4-ses-stores-tomorrow/ it states that it'll be €129 outright and then €55 per month for 24 months.

Total cost of this plan is: €1,320 (55 x 24) + €129 initial purchase leading to a whopper €1,449.

That's a high price. But when I think about it - I spend €30 a month on the 'My Way' plan which is essentially all I need -

If I do the math of €30 x 24 months it's €720 + the RRP of the phone (€649) = €1,369.

The difference with this is essentially €80 which I can live with. However, I just wanted to run peoples thoughts over this - I know that tying myself in for 2 years isn't smart but I mean, this doesn't seem too bad??

Am I missing something? I have no problems with paying the €649 tomorrow, however, they won't sell it pre pay to me :( I really want the phone and have been on two year contracts in the past, I hated the fact that I was tied in but apart from that, I didn't care.

Yeah, in this case you're probably better off going on the contract....not to mention you'll get more minutes/texts + international minutes I'm sure, which are always handy.

The one thing to mindful of with Vodafone is that you can no longer change your plan after 12 months. In the past, if you decided half way through that you didn't really need to be on as high a tariff, you could drop down a bit to a lower level. This option isn't there any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have a question...

Also you forgot to put in that vodafone give you a free upgrade every year on their higher priced plans.(well they do with all current phones so I don't see why the Note 4 will be any different)

however, they won't sell it pre pay to me

What does this mean? :confused:

I have a question...

The main aspect to look at here is the benefits of going contract. There aren't a lot, but there are some. Not having to pay full price right of the bat is obviously the biggest. Also, I believe Vodafone have handy freebies with their contract deals.

Now, since you mentioned you have no problem paying in full. it's the real benefit of not doing the contract that is in question.

Things like being able to move tarriff or change network without worry are the main factors. We're also possibly going to see a mobile network from UPC, which may bring some added competition (possibly) even more so if your already with them for other products.

As you said, you hated being tied to a contract for 24 months, so it really comes down to paying an extra 80 euro overall and being stuck in a contract or simply buying the phone outright and having more freedom (and saving a little money overall)

I have done 24 month contracts, but to be honest. The value simply isn't there anymore. The last contract I did was for the Galaxy S3 and the phone was free with 40 a month for two years. That was worth it for me. But paying over 100 and then 55 a month for 24 months to me, is a pretty bad deal.

Also, I can't imagine why they wouldn't let you buy it on prepay? That does need some more explaining as to why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Interesting thoughts there guys, much appreciated.

I won't be leaving the country in the next two years.. We've just bought a house so if I were to leave the country I'd have more to worry about than my phone bill!

It's a psychological thing for me but I think I'd rather pay €30 per month, even with a higher price up front - I forget about the high cost at the start, rather than having to pay €55 per month which is a lot higher.

I'm still torn.. but actually, big thanks to wotzgoingon as I just noticed that they have an option to upgrade a phone each year.. that would work for me.. I think I'm sold now!! :D

Advertisement