Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palestinaisn being slaughtered and a prick with a cowboy hat is on frint page

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

I take no joy in hearing a crowd call for the destruction of Israel which is what they mean when they say from the river to the sea Palestine will be free.
    The Eygptians used to say that in 1966 one year later they nearly tried.
    Didnt end very well for them and led to this current situation.

[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There's a reason why there are always civilians where the Hamas rockets are stashed. I have two words for the OP to Google: "human shield". :mad:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

I'll have you know that these very same people took down Joey Kony, water charges and the 1%.

Oh.... wait.

Protests are stupid and they do absolutely zero because in 99.9% of situations the people who are being protested against give absolutely zero ****s about what you think and if they even paid attention to you it would be to crack their hole laughing at you. It's yelling in an empty room.

But i'm sure they make some people feel like they've made a difference and it makes it easier for them to sleep at night.

yea , i think you have missed some little protests that did work ,

Derry - The civil rights march
    Paris - 1960's student marches
    London - poll tax protests
    USA - civil rights marches in the 60's
    Eastern europe , in the 80's , 90's and recently in Ukraine

i could go on and on disproving your point - Protest marches might not light the world on fire every time ,
    but its better than sitting on your arse whinging on the internet

i might not agree with a lot of protests that happen in Ireland , but i would have a world more respect for them getting out and giving a flying **** than some gob****e on Boards ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

dj jarvis wrote: »
    but becasue they were in your eyes working class from poor estates , if they are championing a cause its not worth supporting ???

really - you need your head examined - im really hoping your just a piss poor idiot troll - rather than ACTUALLY having the beliefs you hold.

im actually aghast with astonishment by your posts :(

They were a few lads off a local Sinn Fein councillor's football team who I knew from growing up, they've never done anything slightly productive in their lives and now I'm supposed to believe they're informed enough about a conflict half the world away to meaningfully protest for one side over another. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

galwayrush wrote: »
    Hamas are firing rockets at Tel Aviv at the moment, are they that brain dead, or do they want the max possible Palestine civilian ( human shields) deaths to garnish international sympathy?

im in no way condoning, but obviously there going to fire. its a war.
    you can look at it like that , safely 10,000 km away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

bnt wrote: »
    There's a reason why there are always civilians where the Hamas rockets are stashed. I have two words for the OP to Google: "human shield". :mad:

Well maybe the Israeli army shouldn't bomb them then when there is that risk, Israel has form here, they were never too bothered who got in the way as long as the target was hit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

i could go on and on disproving your point

None of those marches were the direct reason that any of those things got "fixed". In fact some of them are still ongoing situations.

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

i could go on and on disproving your point - Protest marches might not light the world on fire every time ,
    but its better than sitting on your arse whinging on the internet

i might not agree with a lot of protests that happen in Ireland , but i would have a world more respect for them getting out and giving a flying **** than some gob****e on Boards ;)

Protest march with 1000 people in Dublin concerning a conflict thousands of miles away =/= civil rights marches. You're not disproving anything except your capacity to understand the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

urabell wrote: »
    Protest march with 1000 people in Dublin concerning a conflict thousands of miles away =/= civil rights marches. You're not disproving anything except your capacity to understand the world.

10,000 (apparently from this thread ) marched in london.
    probably a dozen other citys in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Umadbrah?

Haha isn't our minister of defence Jewish?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭brimal

Some quality banners and signs at that protest today, I think the best one was "Freemason Kenny helps to murder children"

:pac:

Umadbrah? wrote: »

He was until a few months ago which is why we haven't been told to climb onto the roof and act as a shield in case of an attack.

They were a few lads off a local Sinn Fein councillor's football team who I knew from growing up, they've never done anything slightly productive in their lives and now I'm supposed to believe they're informed enough about a conflict half the world away to meaningfully protest for one side over another. Not a chance.

so that makes them or the cause they are fighting for less valid how ?

from you original post , your distaste is based on where they are from and the clothes they wear

not great reasons for not viewing a cause with some sympathy

None of those marches were the direct reason that any of those things got "fixed". In fact some of them are still ongoing situations.

A stopped clock is right twice a day.

you post said all marches were 100% useless , my post proves otherwise , seeing you must know the protests i am talking about :rolleyes:

its not all about fixing , its also about highlighting - as today did , becasue im talk to you

case closed

understand the world? , says the guy who makes moral decisions based on the clothes someone is wearing :eek:

clap clap clap ;)

its not all about fixing , its also about highlighting - as today did , becasue im talk to you

case closed

Yes, because no one knew about this until some clowns marched around Dublin today.

They were all so important and we love them all and they are all very special for bring this to our collective attention.

Did we cure war yet?

so that makes them or the cause they are fighting for less valid how ?

from you original post , your distance is based on where they are from and the clothes they wear

not great reasons for not viewing a cause with some sympathy

I've listed about 10 things about these people that would make anyone sane question their grasp on the situation is Israel.

These are things I know having grown up with them.

They didn't finish school
    They don't work
    They are only involved in the Sinn Fein movement through their football manager who drags them out to the odd protest.

This combined with the way they express themselves through words (profanity laden), actions (aggressive), clothing (shell suits) means that I personally wouldn't take their knowledge of foreign affairs all that seriously, it also leads me to extrapolate these opinions on to groups of Palestine protesters whom I have less knowledge about.

Yes, because no one knew about this until some clowns marched around Dublin today.

They were all so important and we love them all and they are all very special for bring this to our collective attention.

Did we cure war yet?

FFS Micky - really ??

did we cure war - dont be a d**k

I've listed about 10 things about these people that would make anyone sane question their grasp on the situation is Israel.

These are things I know having grown up with them.

They didn't finish school
    They don't work
    They are only involved in the Sinn Fein movement through their football manager who drags them out to the odd protest.

This combined with the way they express themselves through words (profanity laden), actions (aggressive), clothing (shell suits) means that I personally wouldn't take their knowledge of foreign affairs all that seriously, it also leads me to extrapolate these opinions on to groups of Palestine protesters whom I have less knowledge about.

so that makes their protest less valid how ?

your just being a middle class snob.

please now , in detail , how these guys protest is less valid in your eyes becasue of what you have just posted

"i would not take their knowledge of foreign affairs all that seriously" , that is why your posts and YOUR opinion are as valid as dog **** on my shoe, and the **** would be more welcome

• Advertisement

FFS Micky - really ??

did we cure war - dont be a d**k

Did that upset you?

Have a protest march against me and my views and see how much of a **** i give.

please now , in detail , how these guys protest is less valid in your eyes becasue of what you have just posted

"i would not take their knowledge of foreign affairs all that seriously" , that is why your posts and YOUR opinion are as valid as dog **** on my shoe, and the **** would be more welcome

Rent-a-mobs that show up to every single protest always have the most valid, well though out opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Umadbrah? wrote: »

Minister for agriculture and defence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

Valetta wrote: »
    How? By a bomb launched by the IRA from within the republic.

It wasn't launched it was planted. Unless the IRA fired a rocket at his boat.

If you can't see how the list I posted might correlate to a poor grasp of foreign affairs then I give up on you. Good luck and Shalom aleichem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

pO1Neil wrote: »
    I don't think anyone knows what your waffle on about anymore including yourself & your zionist pals on here.

The IRA never launched a bomb attack from within in the Republic. How hard is that to get into your head? They didn't have that capability to anyway. There mortars only went about 250 yards if that. I'm pretty sure England is more than 250 meters away.

You should try reading up on republian history the narrow water ambush was from the republic also lots of times there was bombs planted along the rail line with the tracks used as a command wire down south.
    Many gun battles across the border with the ruc/army.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

While visiting relatives(.........)want to join the IDF.

I'd put good money on that never happened.

Rent-a-mobs that show up to every single protest always have the most valid, well though out opinions.

evidence based or just your opinion - or a pointless generalization ?

evidence based or just your opinion - or a pointless generalization ?

Or the fact that the same heads show up to every single protest in this country.

They must lose track of what side they are on in what particular issue sometimes.

someone posted earlier that Hammas would rejoice in civilian deaths, but the Israelis would not ..............

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/image-of-israelis-allegedly-cheering-on-gaza-bombing-sparks-outrage-30426760.html

they look fairly happy to me

Or the fact that the same heads show up to every single protest in this country.

They must lose track of what side they are on in what particular issue sometimes.

again , is that in your own head this happens , or do you have some evidence to back this up ?

so the Palestinians protesting today were up in Trim at the water protests last week ? and might be at the pothole protest the week later ?

how can you call into question the motives of the protesters ?
    you cant - so , in fairness , you're talking ****e

• Advertisement

again , is that in your own head this happens , or do you have some evidence to back this up ?

so the Palestinians protesting today were up in Trim at the water protests last week ? and might be at the pothole protest the week later ?

how can you call into question the motives of the protesters ?
    you cant - so , in fairness , you're talking ****e

Yes, because i was obviously talking about every single protestor that was there.

Yes, because i was obviously talking about every single protestor that was there.

so you are posting ****e then - good man , good to get it off your chest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

someone posted earlier that Hammas would rejoice in civilian deaths, but the Israelis would not ..............

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/middle-east/image-of-israelis-allegedly-cheering-on-gaza-bombing-sparks-outrage-30426760.html

they look fairly happy to me

I would like to see a rocket land up in the middle of them. They wouldn't be laughing so hard then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

why does Hamas keep on lobbing missiles in to Israel? Just asking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

The images coming out of this are fairly horrific, I know we are used to seeing deaths daily on the news and Internet but seems to alot of child deaths in Gaza. Just annihilation.

woodoo wrote: »
    I would like to see a rocket land up in the middle of them. They wouldn't be laughing so hard then.

What a charming sentiment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

wazky wrote: »
    The images coming out of this are fairly horrific, I know we are used to seeing deaths daily on the news and Internet but seems to alot of child deaths in Gaza. Just annihilation.

Hamas are using, sometimes forcing ordinary Palestine people as human shields. Guess they are relying on sympathy from the international community. ****ed up terrorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Hamas are using, sometimes forcing ordinary Palestine people as human shields. Guess they are relying on sympathy from the international community. ****ed up terrorists.

A whole ****ed up situation from both sides really. Id like to say there will be no winners but the ball is firmly in Israels court.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,195 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

poppyvally wrote: »
    why does Hamas keep on lobbing missiles in to Israel? Just asking
    it sounds strange but its because they are angry because of racism bigotry and discrimination against the people of gaza and palestinians in israel by the israely government, these people are left with no hope and they are trying to deffend themselves against israely occupation, rape and slaughter

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

What a charming sentiment.

What has charm go to do with what is going on in Gaza.

• Advertisement

like the israelies so? oh wait, we can't call the jewish states military terrorists? oh we can, because they are, and the israely government

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

and on the flip side , Israel bombing and firing upon one of the most populated few km on the planet - it is like shooting fish in a barrel - pity those fish are children and disabled and not armed rivals.

the sooner the Israelis build a huge wall around their state , coupled with their "iron dome" , the safer children in Palestine will be :rolleyes:

The Israeli scum bombed a disabled nursing home. They are a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

like the israelies so? oh wait, we can't call the jewish states military terrorists? oh we can, because they are, and the israely government

Do you approve of human shields then ?
    Personally I find it shocking .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Why is any sane person going along with this propaganda bull$hit.The Gaza Strip is just over a third the size of County Dublin with around the same amount of people(1.6million).As these people are 'locked in',then what the hell are they suppose to do to avoid incoming missiles?.

Its like bombing O'Connell St. on a Saturday evening.

Hard to be nothing but a human shield when you have nowhere to hide and nowhere to run

you are aware that these people are hemmed in - its a poxy prison , a prison run by ****tards , but populated with women and children

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

@galwayrush

You seem a very ill informed about whats going on over there.

Have a read here to the disgusting,racist and inhumane things that IDF soldiers do to the Palestinians,which they admitted themselves.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/08/israel-soldiers-speak-out-brutality-palestine-occupation

@galwayrush

You seem a very ill informed about whats going on over there.

Have a read here to the disgusting,racist and inhumane things that IDF soldiers do to the Palestinians,which is told by themselves.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/08/israel-soldiers-speak-out-brutality-palestine-occupation

ah here - dont be bringing facts to the table - you will ruin it all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

it sounds strange but its because they are angry because of racism bigotry and discrimination against the people of gaza and palestinians in israel by the israely government, these people are left with no hope and they are trying to deffend themselves against israely occupation, rape and slaughter

Managed to get the auld rape buzzword in there too, good stuff keep going, you are getting better the longer you keep going.

• Advertisement

no, i don't, are you suggesting that because i believe israel to be a terrorist state that i condone and approve of human shields? i hope not.

so do i, as well as the deliberate attack on civilians by israel for which there is no excuse for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement