Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palestinaisn being slaughtered and a prick with a cowboy hat is on frint page

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,250 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

mad muffin wrote: »
    Get back to me when Travellers under Irish rule have their right respected.
    do you believe they should have their rights respected? or are you just using that statement as what aboutery and a failed rebuttal to his post, and you infact don't believe their rights should be respected?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=797_1406644847

Why does the Israel need to lobby so bad with their allies?

It stinks, of needless deaths of innocent lives. Shame on governments to sit idle by with "we can't do anything they have to sort it out themselves" :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

LorMal wrote: »
    Is that necessary? Cool your jets.

When somebody says something ridiculous like:
    What does make me very ill at ease is the way many posters on here take the view that because Israel is wrong, then Hamas must be right.

Then an indignant response is only to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Israel has completely destroyed 5000 homes and damaged a further 26000:

"GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- The Palestinian Ministry of Health said on Tuesday that nearly 5,000 homes had been destroyed in Gaza as of late Monday, a number expected to rise amid renewed bombardment."
    http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=716832

Judging by the video showing the levelling of an entire neighbourhood those figures are not hard to believe. and they can be verified quite easily. and still they claim they aren't targeting civilians or civilian infrastructure. Israel has crossed the line this time in the eyes of many I wonder do they realise it yet .the Palestinians must invoke their right to ICC jurisdiction regardless of the consequences or threats from the US and Israel they just have too.

Any right thinking person can see your diatribe for what it is. The fact that you had to ad in a legal sense, of course. Just proves it. ;)
    what exactly are you talking about?

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

Get back to me when Travellers under Irish rule have their right respected.

Jesus H Christ, you're comparing the travellers to the Palestinians. I've seen it all now. Shame on us though, for heeding this nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭KahBoom

No this is not a self created 'strawman'. There has been plenty of 'whataboutery' to justify the Hamas rocket strategy. Disproportion action from Israel does justify the Hamas strategy.
    My argument is that we need to condemn both. I don't see much evidence of that here (with some exceptions).
    Ok give us a quote to show that then.

In a sense. Yes.

Just look at what they did to that poor blonde Roma children.
    oh for god sake, while what happened to the roma families shouldn't have, putting what happened to them on a par with murder of people is ridiculous and frankly stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Tony EH wrote: »
    When somebody says something ridiculous like:

Then an indignant response is only to be expected.

No, a polite response is to be expected. My point is my opinion and it was reasonably argued. No need to be a keyboard warrior. You are not under attack.

• Advertisement

KahBoom wrote: »
    Ok give us a quote to show that then.

Have a look yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭KahBoom

Have a look yourself.
    Alright so another person who doesn't back up their claims with proof; I've been following this for at least the past 10 pages, and nobody has said what you've claimed.

bumper234 wrote: »
    And the only country crazy enough to support Israel also has a habit of firing missiles at children.
    and thinking that by allowing tanks to be driven around a building where a cult was held up including children, and poring large amounts of tear gass and other stuff in to said building, that those people would come out, all in revenge for the deaths and injuries of fellow agents during the raid on said compound

KahBoom wrote: »
    Alright so another person who doesn't back up their claims with proof; I've been following this for at least the past 10 pages, and nobody has said what you've claimed.

Christ, there are a lot of tetchy people on this thread...There are now 200+ pages on the thread - take my word for it / don't bother / look back on the earlier posts / get all huffy and indignant.....you choose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

No, a polite response is to be expected. My point is my opinion and it was reasonably argued. No need to be a keyboard warrior. You are not under attack.

You opinion is silly.

Just because someone is rightly outraged about Israeli murder of innocent Palestinian lives, it DOESN'T equate a support for HAMAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

OK.

In the interests of clearing the air, I'm going to withdraw my statement that ISIS and Hamas are allies. I don't have written proof on the internet (the test for all opinions it seems) to prove it.

ISIS and Hamas are not, for the time being at least, allies..

Good man.
    They're just friendly with each other.

Theres no evidence of that either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Heatmachine1

Well I will make it my mission to not buy Israeli goods in any shop or ever set foot in the place.
    What a spineless bunch the IDF is,disgusting actions by them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Mojoloco

Ironically if Ireland were located where Israel is, then hamas would be doing everything they could to wipe Ireland and the Irish off the face of the earth as well. Hamas are no friends of secular western societies.

I wonder what people would be saying if the IRA were launching thousands of missiles from Irish cities into the UK.

So there was absolutely nowhere else to store rockets except in schools?

http://www.unrwa.org/newsroom/press-releases/unrwa-condemns-placement-rockets-second-time-one-its-schools
    the rockets were removed from the schools once discovered, so no rockets in the schools when and before they were bombed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭NotASheeple

What claim?

That Hamas an ISIS are allies?

I can't. Because it's true.

The only thing true here is, you absolutely haven't a clue what you're talking about. It really must be a special gift, to be born without any sense of embarrassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

All sides have agreed to a ceasefire - BBC Radio 4, quoting Israeli TV report in last few minutes. No further details yet.

Let's hope for the best.

Update: the TV station (Channel 2 News - quite well respected for news in Israel, apparently) has now retracted that report, so it's no ceasefire.

Back to business as usual.

• Advertisement

Mojoloco wrote: »
    Ironically if Ireland were located where Israel is, then hamas would be doing everything they could to wipe Ireland and the Irish off the face of the earth as well.

Well I'd like to think that we wouldn't as a nation inflict colonialism on another people in the modern age, so I can't see why there'd be a problem.

You dare compare the two? Jesus Christ!
    yeah, both as discusting as each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Palestinian Press news agency report that Hamas have executed 26 Palestinians for what was deemed as aiding Israel in the last few days.
    Along with the dozens of Palestinians reported to have been executed by Hamas last week, accused of things like showing Israel where the tunnels are.

The 26 Palestinians were executed by Hamas during the humanitarian ceasefire on Sunday.

Hamas accused by former Hamas member of using civilians.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/hamas-targets-civilians-ex-member-6040564

Yeah, is yer man Mosab not a confirmed Mossad agent? The flip-flopper? I'd say he'd tell the world that Britney Spears was a virgin if his handlers told him to. Just in case they turned feral and fecked him back to play with his old pals in Gaza.

No it's not.

Hamas ARE using schools as military outposts, that's clear, Israel attempts to remove this threat but must, at the same time, warn civilians of the danger by leaflets and warning strikes.

I'd prefer if zero schools were ever hit, ever. But if Hamas persist in hiding in them, then I'd prefer that Israel warn civilians of strikes. It's a disaster and a tragedy either way, but at least the Israeli's make some attempt to save civilian lives, Hamas simply don't care.
    yet israel provides no evidence of these weapons, i wonder why? because they don't exist

Nodin wrote: »
    Well I'd like to think that we wouldn't as a nation inflict colonialism on another people in the modern age, so I can't see why there'd be a problem.

Hamas have stated their aim is to wipe Israel and the Jewish people off the face of the map.
    Hamas have no love of western europeans such as the Irish.

I wonder what people would be saying if the IRA were launching thousands of missiles from Irish cities into the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Ironically if Ireland were located where Israel is, then hamas would be doing everything they could to wipe Ireland and the Irish off the face of the earth as well. Hamas are no friends of secular western societies.

And would the world stand by if the British army started slamming 1000 lb bombs into churches? Would no one try to stop.them as they targeted innocent men, women and children?

Hamas have stated their aim is to wipe Israel and the Jewish people off the face of the map.
    Hamas have no love of western europeans such as the Irish.

I doubt they care one way or the other.

Oh we have another one.. Where did you get that thought from was it IDF/Israel twitter page with the Photoshopping of rockets falling on the major cities of the world. Landmarks dressed as terrorists with guns..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Jesus H Christ, you're comparing the travellers to the Palestinians. I've seen it all now. Shame on us though, for heeding this nonsense.

No more ridicules comparing Israel to nazis.

bumper234 wrote: »
    And would the world stand by if the British army started slamming 1000 lb bombs into churches? Would no one try to stop.them as they targeted innocent men, women and children?

I think if the Irish government refused to do anything about the IRA launching thousands of missiles from civilian areas in the Irish republic into UK cities, there would be a military defence response from the UK.

• Advertisement

I think if the Irish government refused to do anything about the IRA launching thousands of missiles from civilian areas in the Irish republic into UK cities, there would be a military response from the UK.

Yep. Rodan, Mothra and Ghiddorah are going to be in the new Godzilla. Hopefully they'll let Godzilla throw his right hook in the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

I think if the Irish government refused to do anything about the IRA launching thousands of missiles from civilian areas in the Irish republic into UK cities, there would be a military defence response from the UK.

Are you really trying to justify the murder of innocent children in Gaza?

dav3 wrote: »
    Are you really trying to justify the murder of innocent children in Gaza?

No, but I don't buy the Hamas = Good, Israel = Bad argument.

What would be your opinion if the IRA were firing thousands of missiles into UK cities and from Irish civilian areas and using innocent women and children as cover ?

Would you expect the UK and the people of the UK to shrug their shoulders and do and say nothing ?

No, but I don't buy the Hamas = Good, Israel = Bad argument.

What would be your opinion if the IRA were firing thousands of missiles into UK cities and from Irish civilian areas and using innocent women and children as cover ?

Why do you believe the IDF line?

Tony EH wrote: »
    You opinion is silly.

Just because someone is rightly outraged about Israeli murder of innocent Palestinian lives, it DOESN'T equate a support for HAMAS.

(Deep breath, count to ten...)
    I didn't say that. I said many posters on here have been very reluctant to condemn Hamas.

(Deep breath, count to ten...)
    I didn't say that. I said many posters on here have been very reluctant to condemn Hamas.

Ok. What posters?

Why do you believe the IDF line?

I don't believe any line, either Hamas or Israel. I don't think its a good guys vs bad guys conflict and I must join in with the group think of condemning Israeli bombings while supporting or saying nothing about Hamas missiles.

Israel implements the policy because they can.
    fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

On par with the wanton manslaughter that the Israeli's are visiting on Gaza this week?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

But that never happened did it. nor would it ever happen. you're speaking hypothetically about something that never happened nor will happen. you have some neck trying to involve the Irish people in justification of an Israeli rampage . Israeli politicians are partial to a bit of that too . the majority of you people attempting to defend the actions of the IDF are and have taken non coherent whataboutery type boll0x arguments to a whole new level. something new has been created. a whole new level of justifying destruction and murder.

Ok. What posters?

No don't.....have mercy...I will be asked for fingerprints next...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,641 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No more ridicules comparing Israel to nazis.

The Nazi treatment of the Jews was mind-boggling and cruel.
    The Israeli treatment of the Palestinians is mind-boggling and cruel.

Same difference then.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭A Greedy Algorithm

Can i just ask one stupid question?

I've seen a few different TV stations have reporters within the strip. I thought it would of been hard to get in or out of Gaza especially now. Are they allowed to freely allowed to travel in and out to report?

No don't.....have mercy...I will be asked for fingerprints next...

Lets try this from the start - you said

I didn't say that. I said many posters on here have been very reluctant to
    condemn Hamas.

The question that provokes is obvious - what posters?

WakeUp wrote: »
    But that never happened did it. nor would it ever happen. you're speaking hypothetically about something that never happened nor will happen. you have some neck trying to involve the Irish people in justification of an Israeli rampage . Israeli politicians are partial to a bit of that too . the majority of you people attempting to defend the actions of the IDF are and have taken non coherent whataboutery type boll0x arguments to a whole new level. something new has been created. a whole new level of justifying destruction and murder.

I don't take sides in this conflict.

As the overall opinion here seems to be Hamas = Good, Israel = Bad

I'm asking what would be your opinion if the IRA were firing thousands of missiles into UK cities and from Irish civilian areas and using innocent women and children as cover ?

• Advertisement

Of course Hamas.

They can't flee to Egypt because of Hamas. Egypt won't have them.

They can't flee to Jordan. Jordan expelled all Palestinians after Black September.

As you can see. The Palestinians have made themselves no favours aligning themselves with Hamas and before then the PLO.
    israel is responsible for the blockade, get it right

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭35cent

Personally, I don't think Israel are trying to kill all the people of Gaza as the death toll would be much higher than it is. Also, while I don't see the point of Israel's bombardments (as it probably creates more Hamas militants than it kills), I don't know why Hamas think it's good to lob rockets into Israel. It just gives them a valid reason to bomb them.

Sadly both sides are caught in a spiral of retaliation and one side will have to hold back if they want free from it.

I don't believe any line, either Hamas or Israel.

Then why does your wildly speculative question transplant the notion of missles being fired using "innocent women and children as cover"?

No they aren't.
    yes they are

I don't believe any line, either Hamas or Israel. I don't think its a good guys vs bad guys conflict and I must join in with the group think of condemning Israeli bombings while supporting or saying nothing about Hamas missiles.

Hows about this, I go to your house and kick you out and when you try and get back in I'll call in the IDF to protect me and my new home...

This is what is happening over there, it's not all about Hamas firing rockets into Israel other stuff happens before rockets get fired. As has been discussed about and linked too already in the thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement