Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Clonakilty mystery

Options
  • 11-07-2014 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hi Eircom,

Can you check what is happening with VDSL rollout in Clonakilty ? 

It has moved from a date of March to May to June to July to September and now it is gone off the map totally! At one stage it was showing in green as live! 
    We are a town of over 4000 people so it seems strange that we are not on the radar ? There is already a fibre conected NGB exchange for years just no cabs yet. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

Can you check what is happening with VDSL rollout in Clonakilty ? 

It has moved from a date of March to May to June to July to September and now it is gone off the map totally! At one stage it was showing in green as live! 
    We are a town of over 4000 people so it seems strange that we are not on the radar ? There is already a fibre conected NGB exchange for years just no cabs yet. Thanks.
    Hi ClonNGB

I have had a look at this. Unfortunately the efibre roll-out dates are indicative and subject to change as there are a number of factors which affect the rollout. Other posters have also noted similar changes when they look at their own area on the efibre map. At the moment the date for commencement of roll-out in Clonakilty is 'to be confirmed'

I am sorry I do not have more definite information at this stage.

thanks
    Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Colm, surely you can do better than the stock answer. Don't your customers deserve a better answer, otherwise why not get a robot to answer all questions with the 'indicatve subject to change'. Something major changed in the last week that removed a lot of planned exchanges. Don't be surprised when the esb finally gives us an alternative that we will leave in our droves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Hi Colm, surely you can do better than the stock answer. Don't your customers deserve a better answer, otherwise why not get a robot to answer all questions with the 'indicatve subject to change'. Something major changed in the last week that removed a lot of planned exchanges. Don't be surprised when the esb finally gives us an alternative that we will leave in our droves.
    Hi Clon

I am sorry that you are not happy with my original answer. I agree that a number of exchanges were removed from the map last week but reiterate that dates indicated on the efibre map are subject to change. The efibre map also only contains in its shaded areas, areas that are due to have the efibre roll-out commenced before January 2015 while the roll-out of efibre is set to continue until 2016.

Colm

Clonakilty has been pushed out a further month, now showing as November. What's going on Eircom ? Dont you like the blackpudding or something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Clonakilty has been pushed out a further month, now showing as November. What's going on Eircom ? Dont you like the blackpudding or something ?
    Hi ClonNGB
    No we love blackpudding and Clonakilty definitely makes good pudding, I am afraid that the change in dates was unavoidable and there are normally a few factors which affect these dates.  We have asked for any further update and will post here once available.
    Apologies for the delay in getting this service to your area, but will do so as soon as we can.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

What are the factors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    What are the factors?
    These can range from technical and manpower resources, extra cabling to be done to exchange area, access permissions, and more. The dates provided are normally set at least six months in advance and can change. But activation is carried out as close as possible to original dates.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

I see Clonakilty is now back from November to October which is first positive news for us. There also seems to be 2 cabs currently being worked on.
    I am on CKY_E01 (direct to the exchange). Will this go live with rest of the cabs ? Any dates on this cab ? (you don't need to repeat the nothing guaranteed and subject to change spiel ;)) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Tony,

I see Clonakilty is now back from November to October which is first positive news for us. There also seems to be 2 cabs currently being worked on.
    I am on CKY_E01 (direct to the exchange). Will this go live with rest of the cabs ? Any dates on this cab ? (you don't need to repeat the nothing guaranteed and subject to change spiel ;)) .
    Hi ClonNGB

I've looked in to this and I can confirm that there is no agreed activation date for this cabinet yet however efibre operations have confirmed that it will not be until 2015 before we have news on efibre availability to lines directly fed from exchanges.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ocallaghan12

Hi 

Just checked the Clonakilty Map. It looks like it is not to be covered again. Is this true? it has been pushed from March to May to June to July to September to November and now it is gone completely.

• Advertisement

Hi 

Just checked the Clonakilty Map. It looks like it is not to be covered again. Is this true? it has been pushed from March to May to June to July to September to November and now it is gone completely.

They have installed two cabinets so they seem to be busy with it finally. The line checker says available this month. I have to wait until they give connections to people directly fed from the exchange which is 2015.

Hi 

Hi ocallaghan12

When towns suddenly disappear from the map this indicates that the previous efibre launch date is in consideration for a new date, this can happen due to unexpected circumstances however I am actively passing on the feedback to online operations highlighting the concern this can create.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al, what is the latest guess for Clonakilty. The line checker still says October. There are a few VDSL cabs in place for a while, so what's happening ?

Hi Al, what is the latest guess for Clonakilty. The line checker still says October. There are a few VDSL cabs in place for a while, so what's happening ?
    Hi ClonNGB

While the line checker indicates October it's not currently on the map and a new date for launch is in planning stages. Indications suggest November to December however this has not yet been agreed yet.

Thanks
    Al

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Hi Al,[/font]
    If I plug in my number into your form

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

I get a "[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Your home will be eFibre enabled in [/font][font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Nov-14[/font][font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light'] [/font][font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']month"[/font]

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Is this another false dawn or does it finally seem possible that it is going to happen ?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If there are no cabs in yet(or vfew) then the map on eircom.net is guessing based on the exchange part of your number. Trust the wholesale map over it. Practially no direct lines have been done yet(not even dublin1 or dublin 2) so 2015 is realistic.

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Hi Al,[/font]
    If I plug in my number into your form

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map

I get a "[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Your home will be eFibre enabled in [/font][font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Nov-14[/font][font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light'] [/font][font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']month"[/font]

[font=FSAlbert-Light, 'Arial Light']Is this another false dawn or does it finally seem possible that it is going to happen ?[/font]
    Hi ClonNGB

The website is in need of updating in relation to your area - 2015 is much more realistic. I'll make sure to make operations aware of this

Thanks
    Al

Really 2015? This is a bad joke right? Eircom has lost another costumer in me. At this stage the ESB/Vodafone roll out will be available in Clonakilty before Eircom have Clonakilty upgraded.

Really 2015? This is a bad joke right? Eircom has lost another costumer in me. At this stage the ESB/Vodafone roll out will be available in Clonakilty before Eircom have Clonakilty upgraded.
    I'm sorry I could not offer you better news on this ocallaghan12

Al

This is terrible news. I can't understand how Eircom are ignoring us for so long. The exchange has been fibre connected for years, and ironically the cable passes through the town to go to Skibbereen which has been enabled months ago. Looking at the map their are tiny clusters of villages enabled around the country so why are you ignoring a town with 4-5000 people ? I won't forget this treatment when the alternative arrives and I hope others will do likewise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭eircom: Aisling

This is terrible news. I can't understand how Eircom are ignoring us for so long. The exchange has been fibre connected for years, and ironically the cable passes through the town to go to Skibbereen which has been enabled months ago. Looking at the map their are tiny clusters of villages enabled around the country so why are you ignoring a town with 4-5000 people ? I won't forget this treatment when the alternative arrives and I hope others will do likewise.

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Hi ClonNG.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]I can understand the disappointment & frustration caused by this. As mentioned in a previous post 2015 is a more realistic date on this. Feel free to check back with us then & we may have more information.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Times New Roman", "serif]Ash[/font]

Bla bla bla. Not good enough Eircom. Siri would be more helpful than your robotic answers.

Eircom,

I put my number into your availability checked and it still says (for Clonakilty)

"
    Good news! eFibre will be available in your area:Nov-14"

Yet you have now moved us on a full year from where you started to Jan 2015 on your map. Are you operating off two random number generators ?

So much from me renewing my contract earlier in the year after being duped into the e"-fibre coming shortly".

You should at least tell us what is going on rather than moving the goal posts constantly.

Eircom,

I put my number into your availability checked and it still says (for Clonakilty)

"
    Good news! eFibre will be available in your area:Nov-14"

Yet you have now moved us on a full year from where you started to Jan 2015 on your map. Are you operating off two random number generators ?

So much from me renewing my contract earlier in the year after being duped into the e"-fibre coming shortly".

You should at least tell us what is going on rather than moving the goal posts constantly.
    Hi ClonNGB

You've already posted this on the 31st of October to which I replied. I have given you as much information that I can on this and I would also like to add that an increased amount of queires on this does not affect infrastructural plans or process.

Al

A friend of mine rang eircom on Monday about the availability of efiber in Clonakilty and he was told it was being rolled out here on the 17th of December, can you confirm this?

A friend of mine rang eircom on Monday about the availability of efiber in Clonakilty and he was told it was being rolled out here on the 17th of December, can you confirm this?
    Hi ocallaghan12

I can confirm that efibre is provisionally planned to go live in Clonakilty in January 2015.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan,

I presume us close to the exchange on direct lines, there is still no joy until ESB/Vodafone do the FTTH ?

If i put in my phone number into the efiber map it says my home is efiber ready and the map now says it is available. so the map is incorrect again?

If i put in my phone number into the efiber map it says my home is efiber ready and the map now says it is available. so the map is incorrect again?

Hi ocallaghan12

If you would like to contact efibre sales on free phone 1800503303 they will be able to confirm if your line can support efibre.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Al,

Got a call from Sky trying to sell me fibre broadband. I told them as I am on a direct line it was not available to me. He insisted that on their system my line was showing "fibre available". I think Sky's system is incorrect, but can you double check in case Eircom have done anything for direct fed lines in Clonakilty. It's a long shot I know. Thanks.

ps. assuming it is not available any news on when it will ?

Advertisement