Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Clonakilty mystery

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ClonNGB wrote: »
    Hi Al,

Got a call from Sky trying to sell me fibre broadband. I told them as I am on a direct line it was not available to me. He insisted that on their system my line was showing "fibre available". I think Sky's system is incorrect, but can you double check in case Eircom have done anything for direct fed lines in Clonakilty. It's a long shot I know. Thanks.

ps. assuming it is not available any news on when it will ?
    Hi ClonNGB

I can't seem to locate your number can you PM it to me again please?

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭liamolaighin

Hi eircom, 

I'm living close to ring village just outside Clon. I've also had the same issue with the efibre dates being pushed back. Can you give me an update on when Clon is going to be up and running. My house is in the efibre area but I want to check will the be s cabinet in ring village? It's a huge disadvantage having the line speed we do (2.5 mbs approx). 

Regards
    Liam

Hi eircom, 

I'm living close to ring village just outside Clon. I've also had the same issue with the efibre dates being pushed back. Can you give me an update on when Clon is going to be up and running. My house is in the efibre area but I want to check will the be s cabinet in ring village? It's a huge disadvantage having the line speed we do (2.5 mbs approx). 

Regards
    Liam
    Hi Liam,

Please follow this map to check the location of existing and planned cabinets : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (click on the 'NGA fibre broadband network' map_

If you have a land line number with eircom I can check which cabinet it should be connected to so feel free to PM me the number.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

Hi Al,

Got a call from Sky trying to sell me fibre broadband. I told them as I am on a direct line it was not available to me. He insisted that on their system my line was showing "fibre available". I think Sky's system is incorrect, but can you double check in case Eircom have done anything for direct fed lines in Clonakilty. It's a long shot I know. Thanks.

ps. assuming it is not available any news on when it will ?
    Hi ClonNGB

I can't seem to locate your number can you PM it to me again please?

AL
    Hi Liam,

No cabinets planned for near Ring. I think your best bet will be ESB / Vodafone Siro which will probably cover the areas such as Ring. Otherwise if you need it now, Rapid Broadband wireless.

Hi Liam,

No cabinets planned for near Ring. I think your best bet will be ESB / Vodafone Siro which will probably cover the areas such as Ring. Otherwise if you need it now, Rapid Broadband wireless.

Cheers. How close do you need to be to a cabinet to acquire a reasonable speed. I'm 2.5 miles from Clon so would I get some boost in speed at least from my connection now. The siro looks great but a way off yet. No rollout date for Clonakilty as of yet

• Advertisement

Thanks for your PM liamolaighin

I'm sorry to confirm that there is no dedicated caboinet planned to serve your area and on reflection I can confirm that there are no plans in place to suggest when your line will be able to avail of eFibre broadband.

I'm genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for your PM liamolaighin

I'm sorry to confirm that there is no dedicated caboinet planned to serve your area and on reflection I can confirm that there are no plans in place to suggest when your line will be able to avail of eFibre broadband.

I'm genuinely sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks

Al
    Thanks for the update but I have to say that eircom marketing are a joke. I have spoken to probably 10 people over the last 2 years about this and have closely monitored the roll out map. Nobody ever told me what you have told me. The roll out map is also a joke. It's false information. I signed up to a new contract a while back after speaking to someone in your sales dept that told me that the whole country was supposed to be live before jan 2015. That is lies and I will be speaking to someone tomorrow about it. It's shabby service and underhand sales. To be honest I can't believe it but it's a lesson learned. 50 euro a month plus for what I am getting is a rob based on promises of future improvements.....oh it'll defo be live in next month. Ya right.

I am genuinely sorry I cannot offer better news Liam,

The following map will shed more light on plans ( click on NGA fibre broadband network map) http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement