Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to look for someone to bring and collect child from school

Options
  • 11-07-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where I could search for someone to bring my daughter to and from school. It might be only 3 days some weeks and four the next. I live in the Firhouse area. Would anyone have an idea how much this would cost.
    Thanks for your help
    :)

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 14,036 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Will you need childcare before/after school, or just to have them collected from you and dropped back to you?

If it's just collecting/dropping could you ask one of your neighbours who would be going to the school to help you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately the neighbours work. It would be just a drop off and collect. I've an aupair takes care of my children. She doesn't drive so it would be impossible for her to bring /walk one to school and then the other to Montessori as they both start 10 minutes apart and the locations are on opposite directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Maybe a local mother could help you?

Sorry, when I said neighbours, I meant neighbours who have kids in the school? Do you know any of the parents? You might be able to pay them a small fuel expense to do to drop offs etc for you.

Any chance of the Au pair learning to drive? How long will she be with you? It might be a worthwhile investment for you. Proper lessons. Apply for the test etc. There might be other times you will need her to bring your kids somewhere if you aren't available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Sorry, when I said neighbours, I meant neighbours who have kids in the school? Do you know any of the parents? You might be able to pay them a small fuel expense to do to drop offs etc for you.

Any chance of the Au pair learning to drive? How long will she be with you? It might be a worthwhile investment for you. Proper lessons. Apply for the test etc. There might be other times you will need her to bring your kids somewhere if you aren't available

Maybe this is harsh, but all of those lessons would cost an awful lot of money, and take some time, and no guarantee of a pass at the end ... the logical thing to do would be to get an au pair who you trust just as much who can drive.

Why hire a school-chauffeur and also an au-pair, when there are plenty of au-pairs who can drive?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I totally agree... I think if they need the kids to be driven to school then the Au pair needs to be able to drive.... So you either undertake to teach her to drive, or you hire one who can.

Or, make friends with local parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

Thanks for all your feed back.
    Unfortunetly not everyone drives and as the aupairs ive had are only here temporary i dont have that extra cash to pay for lesson and a test.
    My daughter is only starting school so i dont know any of the other parents. The school is closed at the moment but Im sure someone is monitoring their email address so i will email the school to see if they know of anyone who may be interested also ill ask the local
    montessorie school.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I don't think the school will help as they won't take responsibility for choosing and endorsing an outsider to mind your child.

Put an ad in notice board in local shop or local paper or local radio

I think your only other option would be a taxi.

Advertisement