Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Options
  • 11-07-2014 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭

entry is now open..
    last few years thread
    facebook page
    50km 2015 entry form.docx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Nearing half full,,....including diggers 3 entries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Nearing half full,,....including diggers 3 entries

:D

The joys... A 50k and a 100k t-shirt this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Will there be an ambulance to get Mrs Trampas to the coombe if I'm not finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

50k for Valentine's Day. The missus will be delighted ... :rolleyes:

Confirmed as Irish championship 2015

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

In terms of a 50k, regular marathon training is enough? Any recommendations on how to transition from DCM to this in terms of training?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Is there a paypal or other handy payment method? Or a bank account? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

yea, Ultraman, move into the 20th century at least :)

Cheques are so 1895 :P

In terms of a 50k, regular marathon training is enough? Any recommendations on how to transition from DCM to this in terms of training?

It's pretty much the same. If you can increase the length of your long runs to help get the mind tuned to the longer distance, it won't do any harm.

yea, Ultraman, move into the 20th century at least :)

Cheques are so 1895 :P
    Im old skool baby

• Advertisement

brownian wrote: »
    Is there a paypal or other handy payment method? Or a bank account? Cheers!
    Just the postal entry,,was lookin at tinterweb entries ,but didn't want to increase the price of entry to cover the extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

It's pretty much the same. If you can increase the length of your long runs to help get the mind tuned to the longer distance, it won't do any harm.

Thanks.

Like after DCM I presume its a month or so of easy running(Nov).

Then Dec/Jan is back into it in prep for early Feb? so overall it might really only be about 10wks of proper training?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Hi,

been toying with stepping up to 26m + for a couple of years now. I have learned that if I adopt a "I'll wait and see how I feel after DCM" approach - I'll never do it so have printed the Donadea application this morning & will send it today - FB is blocked here so cant see the race page. are there still spaces left?

same questions as running fool...in terms of training - is it a case of a week or two recovery after DCM and straight back into full training?
    I've always cut back mileage to just a couple of easy runs over the few weeks around the chrimbo hols..would I need to keep up intensity at this period?

Thanks.

Like after DCM I presume its a month or so of easy running(Nov).

Then Dec/Jan is back into it in prep for early Feb? so overall it might really only be about 10wks of proper training?

After running DCM you will have plenty of base fitness, so 10 weeks of training will be plenty.

Make sure you recover from DCM first, then you can crank it up again.

Rantan wrote: »
    - FB is blocked here so cant see the race page. are there still spaces
    Pm that Rocky six fella on fb ,,he'll sort u out,he's a very nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Cheque's in the post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Are there still places open for this lads?

Are there still places open for this lads?

Yep..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Yep..

Deadly!

Il print it out and send it, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

Is this open to 9++ min milers like myself ? Or is it aimed at the faster end of the running spectrum ?
    I'd hate to rain on anybodys parade by holding the show up with a slow time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Is this open to 9++ min milers like myself ? Or is it aimed at the faster end of the running spectrum ?
    I'd hate to rain on anybodys parade by holding the show up with a slow time.

5 hour cut off I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    5 hour cut off I believe.

Yeah I heard the same. Can't see it on the site anywhere though...

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    5 hour cut off.
    The cut off is there for a few reasons,..
    #1 being race starts at 10am and it gets dark in the forest around 4-430 so it's not safe to have runners and marshalls on the loop
    #2,it's a club race oirgsnised by Donadea Rc ,and not a commercial race so we rely on voleenteers giving up their free time ,some from here thankfully help out,but mainly from thé clubso dont want people out all day

Thé cut off is mentioned on thé entry form,If Any wants to enter and is unsure of making it in thé 5 hrs ,pm me...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

#1 being race starts at 10am and it gets dark in the forest around 4-430 so it's not safe to have runners and marshalls on the loop
    #2,it's a club race oirgsnised by Donadea Rc ,and not a commercial race so we rely on voleenteers giving up their free time ,some from here thankfully help out,but mainly from thé clubso dont want people out all day

Thé cut off is mentioned on thé entry form,If Any wants to enter and is unsure of making it in thé 5 hrs ,pm me...

Any chance of an early start?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

That makes a lot of sense. Would love to do this sometime but need to get faster first - would never make the cut-off - maybe 2016 :rolleyes:

The trail had been re-layed so it's more like road now....and entry will be goin up in a while so enter then.....

....and entry will be goin up in a while so enter then.....

Did you get mine ?

PaulieC wrote: »
    Did you get mine ?
    Yea I emaild and txt u after I met u at great outdoors...

The trail had been re-layed so it's more like road now....and entry will be goin up in a while so enter then.....

Is the full route now paved ? Sounds like we'll get to keep our runners for another day :D. Looking forward to it now that the pain from Monday is starting to subside. I've completely forgotten the last few laps from this year...

• Advertisement

PaulieC wrote: »
    Is the full route now paved ? Sounds like we'll get to keep our runners for another day :D. Looking forward to it now that the pain from Monday is starting to subside. I've completely forgotten the last few laps from this year...
    Like a snooker table...Will post some pics wen in up there

Advertisement