Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

What a great day out. It was a bit muddy but nowhere near as cold as last year.
    3:21:37 for me on a course I that have a pretty bad DNF history with. Really happy with the time and 5th place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

First time in Donadea for the 50K, and after hearing all the good stories about the event I must admit they are all correct.
    Course is very fair and lends itself perfectly to this type of event. Great to see so many familiar faces again as well.
    Early start around 4.30 for myself and Fozzy all the way from Kerry, which was dismissed by Anto as expected by the sheer mention of the Culchies being around. TB, I think you were were in the firing line of that one as well b yjust being in the conversation at the time. :D:D
    My plan was for a steady run around, especially for the marathon distance and then see if I could hang on. Timewise, the aim was sub 4.
    Muddy and slippery as it was, I was able to keep a nice steady rhythm going, and thanks to one of the lads from Sligo, which kept me company for a good few laps, the mind demons stayed away.
    Muscles knew about it going up the few hills on the last 2 laps, but I managed to claw back time on the rest of the loop and keep things going.
    Finished with a bit of a burst to come home a few seconds under the 3.50 mark. Delighted with it to be honest and much better than I thought it would end up.
    Great event, brilliant support, well organized and we also had Anto to keep us laughing all day. No better way to spend a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Sounds familiar, I ran a few laps with yourself and the Sligo man before I dropped off

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Ultraman100

Advertisement