Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amabs

Hi,

Just printed out the form and will submit entry early next wk. Hopefully the limit hasn't been exceeded...

Sounds like a great event, a lot smaller than the big city marathons which is why its so appealing!

Cheers,

Alasdair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Entry #100 arrived today....

Pic of New road with Dudley the Dog(joint winner of thé k-club 10k)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

ultraman1 wrote: »

Pic of New road with Dudley the Dog(joint winner of thé k-club 10k)

Looks good ! My friend KB sent in an entry in last few days - wonder was he #100 ??
    Edit: is that a hill or is it the angle of the picture (or my eyes !)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

kit3 wrote: »
    Looks good ! My friend KB sent in an entry in last few days - wonder was he #100 ??
    Edit: is that a hill or is it the angle of the picture (or my eyes !)

It's your eyes. There are no hills in county Kildare.

Fewfotos of the new road track around donadea loop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Was jackyback out with his head cam again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Clum

It's your eyes. There are no hills in county Kildare.

Except on laps 9 and 10.

Clum wrote: »
    Except on laps 9 and 10.
    Suspect I may find them before that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

GOT MY APPLICATION OFF IN THE POST OVER THE WEEKEND! HOPE THERE ARE STILL SOME PLEACES??

FIRST 26+ RACE SO BUZZING AT THE THOUGHT,,,QUICK QUESTION

DO YOU NEED TRAIL SHOES OR ARE NORMAL SHOES ENOUGH? IM GUESSING TRAIL SHOES FROM THE PICS??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Rantan wrote: »
    DO YOU NEED TRAIL SHOES OR ARE NORMAL SHOES ENOUGH? IM GUESSING TRAIL SHOES FROM THE PICS??

The photos all show Tarmac :confused:

last year was mucky and some of it on fireroad trails but road shoes would still have been best.
    This year the trails have all been tarmacked so there is no discussion.

• Advertisement

Will be full by end of week ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Sending mine tomorrow morning.....hope I make it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

Live in sallins can I drop the envelope in your door ? Don't want to post cash :/

Live in sallins can I drop the envelope in your door ? Don't want to post cash :/
    just make sure is d right door..

Entry will be closed on Fri,as quota has been reached today..any entry's after that go on the wait list ...

menoscemo wrote: »
    The photos all show Tarmac :confused:

last year was mucky and some of it on fireroad trails but road shoes would still have been best.
    This year the trails have all been tarmacked so there is no discussion.

if that's tarmac, I'd be asking for my money back from the contractor! Looks more like compacted aggregate or a rough case of tar and chips to me from the photos which is not the same as a well laid and rolled road surface.
    Its my first 26miles + race so I need to be sure my feet can hold up for 4.30 hours of running on conditions they are not used to.
    reasonable request I believe, so don't understand your frustration? If there is a newbie thread for this I will gladly take myself there and not bother you with dumb ass questions.....:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

if that's tarmac, I'd be asking for my money back from the contractor! Looks more like compacted aggregate or a rough case of tar and chips to me from the photos which is not the same as a well laid and rolled road surface.
    Its my first 26miles + race so I need to be sure my feet can hold up for 4.30 hours of running on conditions they are not used to.
    reasonable request I believe, so don't understand your frustration? If there is a newbie thread for this I will gladly take myself there and not bother you with dumb ass questions.....:mad:
    Road shoes. It was an ok answer I thought, btw

Oryx wrote: »
    Road shoes. It was an ok answer I thought, btw

ok apologies, the smiley and "end of discussion" comment just wound me up a bit...bad day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The trail had been re-layed so it's more like road now....and entry will be goin up in a while so enter then.....
    Like a snooker table...Will post some pics wen in up there

Pic of New road
    with Dudley the Dog(joint winner of thé k-club 10k)

I thought the above quotes from the organiser would have explained it, but heh......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Entry will be closed on Fri,as quota has been reached today..any entry's after that go on the wait list ...

Sent my entry today, hope it gets to you by Friday!

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    I thought the above quotes from the organiser would have explained it, but heh......

i,ve already said i apologise in my previous post...ok it wasn't a personal post directly to you..but i thought you might have got the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Any chance of sticking me on the waiting list?
    I completely missed this thread. No chequebook, so I'd have to send a draft or postal order and don't want to waste the money if I'm too late.

Thanks

will put u on waitlist #1, artie,as am cwaay oversubscribed..

entrys is closed....anyone wants on the waitlist list,pm me with "real" name and expected finishing time...

entrys is closed.......

That definite ??? :cool:

:)

hi all,

quick question - Im running Donadea 50km as my first 26+ race - the missus wants to come and support..

question is - Is it easy for spectators to follow the race and can she wander off for a walk around the forest park herself? Are parking facilities close enough to the course that she could hop in and out of the car if the weather wasn't great?

ta

R

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

hi all,

quick question - Im running Donadea 50km as my first 26+ race - the missus wants to come and support..

question is - Is it easy for spectators to follow the race and can she wander off for a walk around the forest park herself? Are parking facilities close enough to the course that she could hop in and out of the car if the weather wasn't great?

ta

R

10 laps so there's always someone running past.
    Aid stations are right beside a coffee shop.
    Car Park is a couple of hundred meters from the course.

PERFECT - THATS GOOD TO KNOW - THANKS FOR THE INFO

R

• Advertisement

Biggest ever field this year...230 runners Biggest team dis year is Dublin bay,2nd is jsp,joint 3rd is Donadea rc and le cheile..

Advertisement