Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 baldymolloy

Best of luck to everyone love this race but will miss it this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Marshalled at this today, perfectly run operation by Anto and his crew, he even got the weather to play ball. Dont know what Gary O Hanlon won in but he was running some clip the whole way through it. Race was a who's who of Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭ECOLII

tang1 wrote: »
    Marshalled at this today, perfectly run operation by Anto and his crew, he even got the weather to play ball. Dont know what Gary O Hanlon won in but he was running some clip the whole way through it. Race was a who's who of Boards.

2.56 mid from what I remember

Great atmosphere and well done to all who competed, a virtual who's who of boardsies indeed with I would imagine about 10% of the field at least either current or ex posters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

2.57.08 or close to for Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

All are home and results are now on www.redtagtiming.com

J

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

2.57.08 or close to for Gary.

Low 2:57 which is a new Irsh record I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ankers99

Easily one of the best events of the year. From all the marshalls(Olywyn/Orna and all from DRC :))to quality organisation. But more so getting a glimpse of the faster lads, even if it is when getting lapped. Ill be back in '16 for the annual reunion and my 5th Donadea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Thanks again Anto.

Won't be out tomorrow for a run with you so work away.

Thankfully herself didn't need to use ambulance.

Top event like always

Anyone who is stuck for a medium male t-shirt fire me a PM. Would love to keep it but would prefer to give it to someone a bit more deserving!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

first ultra for me(or long marathon whichever you want to call it!) really enjoyed the experience and had a good run. well done to all involved and thanks to all marshalls and organisers - a very chilled out day and none of the intensity or stress of a big marathon so more of this for me I think.

..any recomendations on how to follow it up?

• Advertisement

Anyone who is stuck for a medium male t-shirt fire me a PM. Would love to keep it but would prefer to give it to someone a bit more deserving!

You were flying till you started running with the Dr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

You were flying till you started running with the Dr!!

I see the good Dr is down as Canadian under nationality :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I see the good Dr is down as Canadian under nationality :)

TbL

UM1 has a great sense of humour :)

My lap with the Canadian was the last sting of a rapidly dying wasp. Think I spent more time in the woods than on the course!

He was going well so I have it one last go. No luck.

Brilliant race and day. Cannot recommend it highly enough. The banter alone was worth the trip down.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

Great 50k event this was,so laid back the atmosphere.
    Massive thanks to anto and all the team.
    50k was never my distance but I be very tempted to come back and run this again next year.
    Nice to put a few boards names to faces .
    We had a nice group going for the 3.30 there for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Great 50k event this was,so laid back the atmosphere.
    Massive thanks to anto and all the team.
    50k was never my distance but I be very tempted to come back and run this again next year.
    Nice to put a few boards names to faces .
    We had a nice group going for the 3.30 there for a good while.

How'd the toe hold up ray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

What can I say - what an amazing event. Great atmosphere, really well organised, fantastic support & really encouraging marshalls. Seems to be an unbelievable crew in DRC & Marthastew & CL were in great voice :) Really great to see the top runners in action as they lapped me. I struggled a bit from the start so was really delighted to finish. Thanks for waiting Anto. Would highly recommend this to anyone. When I finished I might have uttered something about shooting me if I ever suggested doing something like this again but now I'm just waiting on the legs to recover to work on getting under 5 hours next year:). Thanks Anto

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

blockic wrote: »
    How'd the toe hold up ray?
    was sore enough but when I got a few laps in I wasn't going to stop.
    A few moments of landing on stones had me a fair bit of pain.
    but there was some support up there to help ya along exspecially martastew and all the boards heads.
    I would defintly run it again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Great event yet again! Kudos to the organisers, not sure what I could even suggest to improve it. Was a pleasure to be lapped by GO'H on his way to that new record, some runner.

Great support all the way, big thanks to Marthastew for all the encouragement :)

As for myself, it was a year older & ~ a min slower although I haven't given hope of improvement just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Thanks Anto and all the helpers who made this an outstanding event. It's really great to see the race grow from small beginnings into what it is now, without any concessions to quality.

As for my own performance, well, I guess there's room for improvement. I could blame it on old age or a lingering cold (actually, I do!), but I am nevertheless looking forward to next year already.

Race report (long and rambling, don't say I didn't warn you!): http://rubbishrunner.blogspot.ie/2015/02/the-one-that-probably-should-not-have.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I've put a truckload of photos on my Flickr page here (1343 in all :eek:). I tried to make sure that I got at least one of everyone in the race, hopefully I didn't leave anyone out.
    Will stick them up on the FB page when my wifi cools down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Who was the chap pacing Gary O H yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Who was the chap pacing Gary O H yesterday?

Luke Forde from Dunboyne I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

ultraman1 wrote: »

had a look. Mine are definitely better ;)

PaulieC wrote: »
    had a look. Mine are definitely better ;)
    20 fockin pages...got a pain in my arse and skipped pages 3-19.....

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lostnfound

Great race, was my first but not my last Donadea. I suffered hard for lap 9 and think I was on a high for number 10 as the finish beckoned.

I'll be back.

http://www.redtagtiming.com/index.html

Final results are up.....any one missing ,email me cc. red tag..See yis next year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

A great event, as ever. Fabulous stuff Anto!

It was payback day for me, and I spent valentines day carefully pacing 50km helping my wife break her 50km PB. Sure what else would you be doing! It was nice to watch the race evolve and see all the effort going on throughout the field. The whole event had a real "festival of running" atmosphere. Great to get to chat to so many boardsies as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Enduro wrote: »
    It was payback day for me, and I spent valentines day carefully pacing 50km helping my wife break her 50km PB. Sure what else would you be doing!.

Now that's love! Who needs 50 shades when you can do 50k together!

Advertisement