Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭libelula

50 shades of K

Terrible. I'll get my coat :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

Was my first time attempting anything over marathon distance. Was apprehensive going into this one but it didn't disappoint. Was well organized and was a great atmosphere throughout. Looking forward to next year. Thank you all at Donadea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Ive done most if not all of the 50k around and in my opinion Donadea is head and shoulders above the rest. Very reasonable price, excellent tech top, new top notch running surface. Aid station every 5 k with water, luco, coke, gels, cakes, flapjacks and endless other stuff. Free massages on finishing. Top top quality field. Also excellent support. it has grown over the 5 years its been going and continues to grow. Privilaged to see a sub 3 50km runner for the second time.
    Hats off to Donadea and Anto lee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Brilliant race. First time beyond 26.2. Definitely going back to Donadea. Well done Anto.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Brilliant race. First time beyond 26.2. Definitely going back to Donadea. Well done Anto.

Can i ask, you were smiling from ear to ear everytime you past the point i was marshalling, how do you do that on a 50k? Fantastic running by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Tanks Frank ...it's a Labour of love....as its a club race and not for profit or commercially driven,I think that adds to the goodwill type of feel to It as can be seen people like tang and a couple of former champs offering their services to marshall ,we even got a parkrun Rd for the day helping out,as well as eoi marshalling a table,..without all this help the race wouldn't be as big as it is today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

tang1 wrote: »
    Can i ask, you were smiling from ear to ear everytime you past the point i was marshalling, how do you do that on a 50k? Fantastic running by the way.

Thanks! :) I'm not normally like that. Totally different to a big marathon race (where stress and 13.1 miles of my constipation/sex face is the norm). I was trying my best, but running in that enviroment, with the support from the rd, the marshals and fellow runners (and the odd bit of abuse from Frank smile.png), was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Tanks Frank ...it's a Labour of love....as its a club race and not for profit or commercially driven,I think that adds to the goodwill type of feel to It as can be seen people like tang and a couple of former champs offering their services to marshall ,we even got a parkrun Rd for the day helping out,as well as eoi marshalling a table,..without all this help the race wouldn't be as big as it is today

And the local legend Mr J Dowd

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

My first time and deffo not my last time doing Donadea, everything about it was perfect, just like the Staplestown 50 miler last year Anto organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Canine Marathoner

a belated race report - health warning: lengthy & tedious :eek:

http://www.caninemarathoner.blogspot.ie/

thanks to Anto for what was a great day...

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

a belated race report - health warning: lengthy & tedious :eek:

http://www.caninemarathoner.blogspot.ie/

thanks to Anto for what was a great day...
    Great report Andrew.
    we will nail that sub 3.30 next year pal:)
    Best of luck with the 24hr ya mad bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Canine Marathoner

Great report Andrew.
    we will nail that sub 3.30 next year pal:)
    Best of luck with the 24hr ya mad bollix

We sure will Ray mate ;)

Hope the toe doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fear Eile

Folks, hoping to do this in 2016 (fingers & everything else crossed!!). Was wondering if anyone has a route map of the course. Is it basically the circumference of the Forrest park? Would anyone b happy to maybe meet some Sat or Sun morning to show me?? Thanks in advance 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Fear Eile wrote: »
    Folks, hoping to do this in 2016 (fingers & everything else crossed!!). Was wondering if anyone has a route map of the course. Is it basically the circumference of the Forrest park? Would anyone b happy to maybe meet some Sat or Sun morning to show me?? Thanks in advance 😊

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/70206204

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Fear Eile wrote: »

Have you entered yet? I have heard it is very close to selling out, they can only take a very limited number on the course and there are only a few spaces left as per the FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fear Eile

Thanks a mil folks. The garmin map is very useful. I have registered & training is going just about ok. I think a few loops on the course would be useful for the head & for the legs just to see what it's like 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Role call....

I know of one or two doing this, so anyone else from here heading over??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Role call....

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Role call....

Ill be there :)....think.iv count 12 from here doin it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Glad I got to the expo last night to pick up my number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Role call....

Hopefully next year when I have my qualifying time ;)
    You doing it marty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck everyone. Great event - enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

Looking forward to it, hope the rain stays away. Is Gary O'Hanlon running or who else will be in contention?

Looking forward to it, hope the rain stays away. Is Gary O'Hanlon running or who else will be in contention?
    Same top 10 as last year...p.mooney,r zakis,mark doyle,,martyboy,some dude from la galaxie,meno,even digger mite turn up lookin for a tee shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

I'll be giving a go myself, the EOI marathon in Staplestown at the end of Jan has reassured me that I should make it to the finish but the last lap or two might be ugly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Will be toeing the line myself tomorrow too. Looking forward to it now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Hope someone is bringing cake as I've been too busy to bake :(

Dont bother ur arse showin up so...

• Advertisement

Dont bother ur arse showin up so...

Advertisement