Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

UM1 wrote: »
    Dont bother ur arse showin up so...

Don't tempt me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Good luck to all you peeps running tomorrow and to the cheerleaders, hope the sun shines on you guys and gals :) Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Impeccable stuff as ALWAYS by Anto and his crew. Big corporate races could learn an awful lot by seeing how it should be done here. Pleasure to marshal at this. Great turn out from Boards, seen menoscemo, RacoonQueen, martyboy48, Killerz, BeepBeep67, marthastew, ultrapaul, theboyblunder, opus, Firedance, FBOT01, MrsMc, FerrisB and I'm sure there were more. New 50k Irish record set by GOH in winning it, effortless he looked.

Fabulous event as always, shame I missed the last two years...great to see some boardsies today too.
    Just the 30k for me as part of marathon training, feeling stronger with every lap, killed me to stop at 30k.
    Thanks to UM and all at Donadea and tang for getting out marshalling. No negatives for this race. Great job once again Anto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I was only spectating today, first time at the event, massive well done to all who ran today but hats off to UM1 what a superbly well organised event, great to catch up with so many boardsies too,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Trampas

Enjoy wearing the buff marthastew ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Super event this. Great to meet tang and Firedance, nice to get the shout outs... Had planned to put on some dry clothes and go for coffee to meet others but I was to damn cold and tired to move from the car so just headed home.. Tired but happy....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Great event yet again! Was fully expecting a morning of rain but not a drop. Big thanks to all the volunteers & organisers & congrats to everyone who ran it.

Personally I crashed & burned in the last two laps so not exactly looking forward to the Connultra :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any word on this for 2017? Are entries open?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

mloc123 wrote: »
    Any word on this for 2017? Are entries open?
    11th feb..entries form on fb page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

UM1 wrote: »
    11th feb..entries form on fb page

Thanks.. just posted over there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Got my entry in the post this evening. Any advice from others in terms of a plan to get as comfortable as one can with the additional distance over the course of Dec/Jan? Recovering from DCM at the moment and after just managing sub 3:30 I'm thinking of targetting 4:20 for this as my first 50km. Between now and the end of Nov I have the Gingerbread Run(10k).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

donnacha wrote: »
    Got my entry in the post this evening. Any advice from others in terms of a plan to get as comfortable as one can with the additional distance over the course of Dec/Jan? Recovering from DCM at the moment and after just managing sub 3:30 I'm thinking of targetting 4:20 for this as my first 50km. Between now and the end of Nov I have the Gingerbread Run(10k).

It's so close to a marathon in distance terms that you really don't have to worry about training for the extra distance. My personal recommendation would be to push out your LSRs by a little more if you can. But it's not that important.

More important is to adjust your pacing on the day of the race. It's definitely not a case of running your normal marathon pace and then hanging on for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

Entries still open? Anywhere else beside Facebook you can get the entry form?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

acurno wrote: »
    Entries still open? Anywhere else beside Facebook you can get the entry form?

Closed as of yesterday from what I know, now operating off a waiting list. Facebook only way of getting entry form.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Any deterioration in the running surface over the past year? Was out there a while ago and there seemed to be some gravel/trail in places, although this may not have been on the actual course.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I run laps most Sundays on the same route as the 50K and no real issues on it. A couple of spots around the 1k to 2k mark where it can be a little muddy but nothing bad - moving left or right will get you around it. Finishing stretch can have puddles after heavy rain but those have been there for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JsepP

Few weeks away from the 2017 edition. Many from these parts running it ?

JsepP wrote: »

I'll be there to do a lap or 8

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

I'll be there to do a lap or 8
    former podium finisher⬆⬆⬆⬆

• Advertisement

JsepP wrote: »

I'll be giving it a go, my fifth time there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

And I just made a person on the waiting list very happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Bad luck Thomas, hope it's not too severe whatever ails you!

I was down there yesterday doing a few reccy laps and was impressed with the surface for the most part but there's still a few sections of saturated leaves on the route with quite a few puddles, but overall road runners still fine as opposed to trail shoes. Plus, I'm sure it'll have dried out by race day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Debut for me. Won't be trying to win it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

And I just made a person on the waiting list very happy :(

Sorry to hear that... Hope things pick up for you soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

belcarra wrote: »
    I was down there yesterday doing a few reccy laps and was impressed with the surface for the most part but there's still a few sections of saturated leaves on the route with quite a few puddles, but overall road runners still fine as opposed to trail shoes. Plus, I'm sure it'll have dried out by race day!!

Twas like that last year though and by lap 7 or 8 it was getting pretty cut up. No idea though whether it's drier or wetter now than same time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

My first time heading that way....finish line inside 10 mins of the cutoff time is the aim!!!;)

Not long now. Hope training has been going well for all. Hit peak this week with a 13.2m easy run yesterday followed by 26.3m LSR today. Have revised my goal as haven't been doing much in the way of sessions since DCM. 4:30 is the new target. Have physio booked for Monday to sort some knee niggles. Bring on the taper!

Feel I'm not try harding enough now as only got in a 26.2m run at the EOI marathon in Staplestown on Sat :) Just the Dungarvan 10 to go now before hitting the forest circuit in Donadea.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I awoke Sunday with a swollen knee :( Perhaps the half followed by full was a bad idea. RICE and VMO activation for now - back to physio on Thurs but hopefully just an over load injury.

Advertisement