Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DONADEA 50KM 10th feb 2018

Comments

If someone was to go down for a recce at the weekend is the course marked out? or would they need to know what route to follow in advance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

If someone was to go down for a recce at the weekend is the course marked out? or would they need to know what route to follow in advance?

The route is in the GPS thread few threads up, you could stick it on the Garmin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭UM1

..start at cafe,head towards lake.take right immediatly after lake,up to twin towers monument (1 km in),take a left,150 mtrs follow road to left,stay on track up and over two hills,pass a cross roads(2km),keep on track for bit less dan 3k till u come to a T junctio,hang left to finish line...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,481 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

UM1 wrote: »
    ..start at cafe,head towards lake.take right immediatly after lake,up to twin towers monument (1 km in),take a left,150 mtrs follow road to left,stay on track up and over two hills,pass a cross roads(2km),keep on track for bit less dan 3k till u come to a T junctio,hang left to finish line...

Write this down and bring with you or you will almost certainly take a tour of the forest, like I did, more than once. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Murph_D wrote: »
    Write this down and bring with you or you will almost certainly take a tour of the forest, like I did, more than once. :D

That your excuse for your 5 hour finish time Murph :)

TbL

• Advertisement

That your excuse for your 5 hour finish time Murph :)

TbL

At least I'll finish.

(sorry). ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Murph_D wrote: »
    At least I'll finish.

(sorry). ;)

Fook you Murph, are you getting comedy tuition from Toyboy Tang :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 16 JsepP

I'm looking at an expected finish time around 7:00 Is there an early start option available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

JsepP wrote: »
    I'm looking at an expected finish time around 7:00 Is there an early start option available?

Don't believe so and think there's a cutoff of 5 hours. Anyone not finished is classified as DNF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭opus

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Don't believe so and think there's a cutoff of 5 hours. Anyone not finished is classified as DNF.

Almost certainly, going by what was posted on the FB page by Anto.
    Please Note......Due to increased demand and limited space,a sub 4:10 marathon or Sub 5:10 50 km or similar finish time in a distance race(Stone mad ultra,Achill ultra,Conn ultra or similar ) is required for initial guaranteed entry.This years 5hr cut-toff will be strictly enforced and those not on the finishing straight at 5hrs will be DNF'd.As usual i will have a 5 hr sweeper to police this.There will be entries for those without the initial entry requirements,contact me before entering if this applies to you

• Advertisement

I meant I was expecting to finish around 7pm and was hoping for an early start. :pac:

I thought there may have been some allowance for the slower joggers like DCM does. Not to worry. Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I thought there may have been some allowance for the slower joggers like DCM does. Not to worry. Thanks anyway.

There is no early start in DCM either :rolleyes:

This has come up before. The reason (or one reason) there is a 5 hour cut-off is that the course has to be stewarded while the race is on. If the course is open for 6 hours, all the volunteers have to be there another hour. If the course is open for 7 hours, the volunteers have to be there another hour.

I think all the entry information and info about the race is very clear about the fact that there is a 5 hour cut-off. If you can't complete the 50k in that time, aim for a shorter number of laps.

DCM allows 7 hours for people to finish. Shorter race, longer time allowed. That's making an allowance for slower joggers :rolleyes:

I bought my entry from a lad who can't run so hadn't seen the cut off rules. Will do as you suggest and aim for shorter laps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

DCM allows 7 hours for people to finish. Shorter race, longer time allowed. That's making an allowance for slower joggers :rolleyes:

I bought my entry from a lad who can't run so hadn't seen the cut off rules. Will do as you suggest and aim for shorter laps.

Presume you mean a shorter number of laps rather than cutting the distance :P ??

Best of luck with the run

kit3 wrote: »
    Presume you mean a shorter number of laps rather than cutting the distance :P ??

Best of luck with the run

Bit of both :D

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

With GOH out injured, who are this year's favourites?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Don't know the full lineup but Mark Doyle, Kevin English, Peter Mooney and maybe one or two surprises.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, looks like we're in for a cold one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭donnacha

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. I'm out due to injury but hope to make it in the morning to cheer ye off for the start and first few loops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Good luck all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Results from today:
    http://www.redtagtiming.com/results/Donadea50km2017.pdf

Well done all - I was out to do 5 or 6 laps but injury picked up during the week put an end to that. Absolutely baltic out there today, definitely the coldest day we've had for Donadea 50k over the years - didn't make running any easier.

Had to bail after the winner came through but great to catch up with so many boardsies today. :)

And well done UM1 and team. Even in year one when I wasn't an entrant I ran more laps than I ran today. I'll still wear my t-shirt though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

We'll never let it be said, Anto knows how to put on a show!!! Super atmosphere about Donadea on a chilly winter morning but it was smiles all round from runners, supporters and organisers. Pleasure to help out in the small capacity I did, well done to all who ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

I still haven't warmed up

Well done to all concerned. Classy event, no doubt about it. A pleasure to be part of it.

Peter Mooney pix here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/sets/72157680223659425/with/32000175664/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Really enjoyable event even though it was bloody cold. Well done to Anto and everyone involved on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

My first time at Donadea and what an experience...I just might be back!!(don't tell the hubby & Kids) :D Thanks to all the super supporters, marshals and UM & his team for all the organisation.

I still haven't warmed up

I had to use both hands to turn the key to get the car heater going afterwards, impressively cold day!

Great event as always, thanks to all involved especially the marshalls who kept the support going despite the frigid conditions.

Got out for a bit of a jog at lunchtime today, amazing how even with a bit of an easterly breeze 8C can feel positively tropical after the Donadea experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

http://www.donadearunningclub.com/Anto50km.html

Don't see a thread for this one yet. It seemed to be popular enough last year so I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Who's in?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

http://www.donadearunningclub.com/Anto50km.html

Don't see a thread for this one yet. It seemed to be popular enough last year so I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Who's in?

I am in, as soon as I figure out how to use something called "snail mail".

Advertisement