Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayweather v Maidana 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

walshb wrote: »
    Who does Floyd fight next if you remove Khan and Pacman? I can't think of any real star names at 140-147 lbs

I am wondering what we define as a star nowadays. I suppose we have to consider Garcia with his unbeaten record. Bradley can be ruled out due to his association with Top Rank. Broner for easy pickings possibly? Thurman? I woudn't rule out Brook either after his recent win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I'd like to see Bradley in with him as well. (Hypothetically of course.)

To be honest I don't get a lot of the comments here about Floyd. The man is 37 and has built up a pretty impressive resumé. I also think people hold him to an unfairly high standard and read way too much into things when he happens to get caught. I remember he fought Cotto and ended up with a bloody nose and people were banging on about the significance of it. People still talk about him getting hit by Mosley; he got caught with a right hand against a HOF boxer, even then he managed to take it and come back stronger.

It's elite professional boxing, no matter who you are, you're going to eat a few punches and Mayweather isn't exempt from that either. Even now he gets hit less than pretty much any other pro boxer out there today and the man is well past his prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

FTA69 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Bradley in with him as well. (Hypothetically of course.)

To be honest I don't get a lot of the comments here about Floyd. The man is 37 and has built up a pretty impressive resumé. I also think people hold him to an unfairly high standard and read way too much into things when he happens to get caught. I remember he fought Cotto and ended up with a bloody nose and people were banging on about the significance of it. People still talk about him getting hit by Mosley; he got caught with a right hand against a HOF boxer, even then he managed to take it and come back stronger.

It's elite professional boxing, no matter who you are, you're going to eat a few punches and Mayweather isn't exempt from that either. Even now he gets hit less than pretty much any other pro boxer out there today and the man is well past his prime.

Agree totally with you. And when he's not getting hit lads are saying he's running. As I said a few posts back people hate and won't give him credit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,778 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Agree totally with you. And when he's not getting hit lads are saying he's running. As I said a few posts back people hate and won't give him credit

Him getting tagged a bit means nothing to me, as mentioned, it's boxing, and it will happen from time to time even with slippy and cute boxers. As for running. What annoys me is that a lot of the time he doesn't need to.

He has strength and an ok punch. I'd just like to see him show us a bit more offense. His offense is very unorthodox. Throws rights hands from the back of the hall. The man is just very scared of getting hit. He waits, lets the foe throw and throw, and then he counters, repeat, repeat and repeat. In the fight on Saturday I reckon had he shown some more balls and spirit he could have stopped Maidana. There were times when he was bossing it, and in an instant he goes retreating and fleeing. Just frustrating.

I agree with Floyd's assessment of his performace, C-. Maidana almost gave as good as he got. A lot of Floyd's so called scores were barely punches.

Him getting tagged a bit means nothing to me, as mentioned, it's boxing, and it will happen from time to time even with slippy and cute boxers. As for running. What annoys me is that a lot of the time he doesn't need to.

He has strength and an ok punch. I'd just like to see him show us a bit more offense. His offense is very unorthodox. Throws rights hands from the back of the hall. The man is just very scared of getting hit. He waits, lets the foe throw and throwand then he counters, repeat, repeat and repeat. In the fight on Saturday I reckon had he shown some more balls and spirit he could have stopped Maidana. There were times when he was bossing it, and in an instant he goes retreating and fleeing. Just frustrating.

When he was younger he wasn't so safe and some of his combination stuff was brilliant he'd let his hands go. Maybe it's his hands as he has said he has trouble with them that's why he's not as offensive as he once was maybe?

I think he's just ultra-cautious and is simply concerned with getting the win. He is very much a safety-first fighter and to be honest, against some fighters that's sometimes necessary. I think he was a bit surprised with Maidana the first fight, marked him as dangerous and resolved not to give him the hint of an opening in the rematch. Yes it would be great to see him like he was against Gatti for instance, but he has adapted his style for his age and that's that really.

To be honest that's the nature of boxing for anyone. I was sparring an Albanian fighter in my gym on Friday who lacks technique but is the epitome of the tough brawler. At one stage I decided not to get on the bike and ended up eating a right hand; I think without my gumshield I would have been missing my four front teeth. Claret everywhere. Lesson learned. It might be crowd pleasing to stand and trade with fellas at times, but it isn't always a good idea to do so.

When he was younger he wasn't so safe and some of his combination stuff was brilliant he'd let his hands go. Maybe it's his hands as he has said he has trouble with them that's why he's not as offensive as he once was maybe?

So true. In the lighter weights he seemed so much more busy. He was a bit more offensive whilst in defense mode.

I can't help but agree with Maidana somewhat. Floyd ran a lot and it was Maidana who made the fight for the most part. Threw more and landed a fair bit too. Maidana isn't all that good IMO.

Floyd really should have went out and won the fight with more style and conviction. I may watch it again, but it was just the odd eye catching pot shot that seemed to get judges attention for Floyd. His ducking and spoiling and holding against a brawler like Maidans is poor to watch.

To be honest that's the nature of boxing for anyone. I was sparring an Albanian fighter in my gym on Friday who lacks technique but is the epitome of the tough brawler. At one stage I decided not to get on the bike and ended up eating a right hand; I think without my gumshield I would have been missing my four front teeth. Claret everywhere. Lesson learned. It might be crowd pleasing to stand and trade with fellas at times, but it isn't always a good idea to do so.

I can understand him being slick and clever and not wanting to eat shots, but he's not doing much at all. Pea and Toney were brilliant defensive fighters, but both could do it whilst in high offense mode. Floyd is just pot shotting and fleeing, and IMO, barely doing enough. His landed shots are lacking substance. He also fouls a fair deal, which should be penalized. He's there to fight and defend. He fights and fouls a good deal.

I think at this stage and last few fight he's just obsessed with keeping the 0 on his record and he's somewhat safer than before. But why is that no one can get close to beating him I still enjoy watching him as much as ever his skill level is amazing. The first 3 rounds from him was a treat the other night pity he didn't carry on in the same vain. I think this was down to Maidana hurting him at the end of the 3rd and he retreated a bit from then on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

I can understand him being slick and clever and not wanting to eat shots, but he's not doing much at all. Pea and Toney were brilliant defensive fighters, but both could do it whilst in high offense mode. Floyd is just pot shotting and fleeing, and IMO, barely doing enough. His landed shots are lacking substance. He also fouls a fair deal, which should be penalized. He's there to fight and defend. He fights and fouls a good deal.

I agree with this, a couple of times you saw him turn maidana beautifully, and slip off the ropes, but most of the time defensive skills just involved not being in range. He does have awesome footwork. (edit that last sentence might sound sarcastic, didnt mean it that way)

• Advertisement

Toney is my favourite fighter of all time, but he took many a shot straight down the pipe too as a result of his inside trading and we can see that in him today. I imagine the lesson wasn't lost on Floyd either. You're right though, Floyd does the absolute bare minimum these days to get the points win. I wouldn't say his single shots do nothing though, the last few fights I've seen him land that straight right, his opponents definitely knew about it even if they weren't getting KOd with that one punch.

Toney is my favourite fighter of all time, but he took many a shot straight down the pipe too as a result of his inside trading and we can see that in him today. I imagine the lesson wasn't lost on Floyd either. You're right though, Floyd does the absolute bare minimum these days to get the points win. I wouldn't say his single shots do nothing though, the last few fights I've seen him land that straight right, his opponents definitely knew about it even if they weren't getting KOd with that one punch.

And Toney rarely rarely fouled to defend. It was all natural.

To Floyd. Let down again the other night. Very pedestrian performance in my eyes. Difficult to even score how he won the fight. Weird performance. His offense just seemed off all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭megadodge

And Toney rarely rarely fouled to defend. It was all natural.

To Floyd. Let down again the other night. Very pedestrian performance in my eyes. Difficult to even score how he won the fight. Weird performance. His offense just seemed off all night.

Ah here, you surely don't think Maidana won that fight?

And you know I'm the polar opposite to a Mayweather fanboy. I can't stand him.

Difficult to even score how he won the fight. Weird performance. His offense just seemed off all night.

Don't know where you're coming from there Brendan, it was clear as day he won the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I think he might be making reference to the scoring, not the actual result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Walshb is a great contributor to the boxing forum in general, but how many times have you come on here the morning after a late night fight to find him expressing a view thats almost polar opposite to the majority of folks who watched it.

I think theres a little bit of "being different for the sake of being different".

He could just be a cute hoor who is sparking debate either, but I reckon if ya told him grass with green he'd take your point but slightly disagree and try and find another angle that doesn't exist, just for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Walshb is a great contributor to the boxing forum in general, but how many times have you come on here the morning after a late night fight to find him expressing a view thats almost polar opposite to the majority of folks who watched it.

I think theres a little bit of "being different for the sake of being different".

He could just be a cute hoor who is sparking debate either, but I reckon if ya told him grass was green he'd take your point but slightly disagree and try and find another angle that doesn't exist, just for the sake of it

price690 wrote: »

He could just be a cute hoor who is sparking debate either, but I reckon if ya told him grass with green he'd take your point but slightly disagree and try and find another angle that doesn't exist, just for the sake of it

I wouldn't say polar opposite at all. I post by far the most posts on the forum, hence you will get several that are out of line with the majority view, and they will stand out to observers, but the majority of my posts are with the majority view.

BTW, when it's very quiet around here I will try and spark a debate, but not by saying things that I don't believe in.

Don't know where you're coming from there Brendan, it was clear as day he won the fight.

I will watch it again. I just thought that Floyd throughout looked less in control than ever before. He was squeaking the win, and seemed to be a bit all over the place in trying to stamp his authority. I found it difficult to score him effectively with his punches in this fight. He himself wasn't one bit impressed, and IMO it was an honest appraisal of himself.

• Advertisement

megadodge wrote: »
    Ah here, you surely don't think Maidana won that fight?

And you know I'm the polar opposite to a Mayweather fanboy. I can't stand him.

No, I do think he deserved it, I just felt that it was difficult to score. I agree with Maidana more than I would normally agree, about Floyd being a runner. Runner and spoiler and fouler. Taking all this into account the win was a bare minimum for me, even if he did win most rds. He gets credit taken away for the very negative manner of the win.

Floyd took this fight to show that the first fight was his. He wanted to show us that he was far superior. He failed IMO. He himself agrees it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

I think it's the fact that we're seeing Floyd in actually competitive fights now, he was so blatantly dominant in almost every other fight, it's strange to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

2 fights to go in the career of Floyd Money Mayweather.

I feel even though it would happen years too late. There will be something missing for his legacy in the sport if he doesn't get in the ring with MP. It won't be as big as it could have been a few years back but it's something this this generation of boxing requiters in terms of a defining moment.

I think it is a possibility that he fights Amir Khan in May and then MP in September

I don't think he is keen to fight either. I think Khan stands a decent chance against Mayweather. Stylistically he presents a lot of issues. Speed, height, reach, stamina and movement.

If Floyd can't take Khan out then he is in for a busy busy night trying to keep up with him and out land him. Khan may hit a lot of air, but he'll be busy as hell and will likely throw a sh!t load more shots than Floyd.

I can't see Khan eating counters all night. His D is every bit as good as Maidana's, and IMO Maidana wasn't hit all that easily by Floyd. Many of Floyd's punches were blocked/parried/rode and deflected. Floyd got caught with a lot of Maidana's slow enough jabs.

Khan presents a lot more in terms of snap and speed with the jab and the combinations. I think it's an intriguing clash, and one that Khan can do very well in. I am not sure Floyd pot shotting and 20 punches per rd will beat Khan. Floyd may need to be busier than he has been in many previous fights; really take the fight to Khan.

Teddy has a very similar view to me: I don't think Floyd should have been reckless, but he surely could have done more damage to Maidana by being that bit more defensively/offensive. Maybe stamin is an issue. He is 37 now, has had a lot of rds on the clock. I think Floyd from a few years back may have been able to put a better beating on Maidana.

ESPN commentator Teddy Atlas feels that WBA/WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr (47-0, 26 KOs) did just enough to win last Saturday night in his 12 round unanimous decision victory over Marcos Maidana (35-5, 31 KOs) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Atlas thinks Mayweather played it safe too much by holding, running and throwing pot shots instead of standing and trading with the hard hitting Maidana. Atlas thinks that if a prime Sugar Ray Leonard was in the ring with Maidana last Saturday night, he would have knocked him out with his combinations and power punching.

“He [Mayweather] didn’t show enough offense. He did enough to win. If that’s Sugar Ray Leonard in there, he knocks out Maidana,” Atlast said to ESPN.com. “Floyd is a good defensive fighter, but he does just enough to win. He had a choice [to] use his legs to grab all night long and fight in spots. He did that good. He could have moved his head and looked to counter. He didn’t want to do that. He didn’t want to give Maidana a chance with that free-wheeling style to get lucky with something. But he had a choice. He could have gone into his offense a little bit, punch a little bit more and keep Maidana from getting in.”

It sounds like Atlas wanted Mayweather to fight similar to the way he did last time he fought Maidana, except he was hoping that Mayweather would throw more combinations to shut Maidana down. That’s asking a lot of a 37-year-old fighter known for being a pot shot artist. Even in his prime, Mayweather wasn’t the type of fighter that threw a lot of sustained combinations. He always more of a 1-2 punch fighter who would land shots and then move away. Atlas seems to have Mayweather confused with a prime Leonard, because he’s a fighter who was known for throwing a lot of combinations.

If Mayweather had thrown combinations last Saturday night instead of pot shotting, he might have run into something and been knocked out. Earlier in the fight, Mayweather was hurt in the 3rd round when he tried to exchange with Maidana near the end of the round. I think that experience scared Mayweather a little, because after that he used more movement and focused more on throwing one shot at time instead of combinations.

Read more at http://www.eastsideboxing.com/2014/atlas-mayweather-did-just-enough-to-win/#1ogdwfVcH7jjCKF3.99

Punch stats: Mayweather-Maidana II punch stats
    Mayweather Maidana
    Landed 166 128
    Thrown 326 572
    Pct 51% 22%

Mayweather landed a lot less in fight 2 than in fight 1. He landed 230 in fight 1 according to punch stats. I knew I wasn't seeing a great offensive display. Granted, Maidana landed a lot less as well, but a lot down to Floyd refusing to engage, and fleeing. Not just moving, fleeing at times. I believe effort and credit should be given to the aggressor and the man pushing the fight. I am not all that sold on percentages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I will watch it again. I just thought that Floyd throughout looked less in control than ever before. He was squeaking the win, and seemed to be a bit all over the place in trying to stamp his authority. I found it difficult to score him effectively with his punches in this fight. He himself wasn't one bit impressed, and IMO it was an honest appraisal of himself.

Do you think if Maidana was as agressive as the first fight, a few more rounds would have went his way?
    Genuine question based on your views. I thought Floyd (despite not looking his usual sharp self) won convincingly. I watched it live though so must watch it again.

Do you think if Maidana was as agressive as the first fight, a few more rounds would have went his way?
    Genuine question based on your views. I thought Floyd (despite not looking his usual sharp self) won convincingly. I watched it live though so must watch it again.

Not sure. Maidana did seem a lot less enthusiastic/aggressive, but he still did very well even when exchanging. He landed a lot of jabs, and scored a fair few power punches too. Floyd seemed scared to death at times. I wish Floyd had asserted himself more, because I believe he may have taken Maidana out. So, maybe it's because he doesn't have the sustained offensive engine to do it? He is 37 now, with a lot of rds on the clock. A bit more in pocket fighting from Floyd I believe would have really hurt Maidana. I can only take it that the effort to do this was a bit much for the aging Mayweather.

BTW, a lot of Maidana's issue was that when he got in close and range he stood there and did nothing. Floyd threw a few pitter patter shots and moved. Some landed, but a lot didn't. Fight 1 Maidana let the hands go a lot more. Cotto was similar vs. Floyd. Got in range, did nothing, and allowed Floyd to throw and retreat.

I don't think he is keen to fight either. I think Khan stands a decent chance against Mayweather. Stylistically he presents a lot of issues. Speed, height, reach, stamina and movement.

If Floyd can't take Khan out then he is in for a busy busy night trying to keep up with him and out land him. Khan may hit a lot of air, but he'll be busy as hell and will likely throw a sh!t load more shots than Floyd.

I can't see Khan eating counters all night. His D is every bit as good as Maidana's, and IMO Maidana wasn't hit all that easily by Floyd. Many of Floyd's punches were blocked/parried/rode and deflected. Floyd got caught with a lot of Maidana's slow enough jabs.

Khan presents a lot more in terms of snap and speed with the jab and the combinations. I think it's an intriguing clash, and one that Khan can do very well in. I am not sure Floyd pot shotting and 20 punches per rd will beat Khan. Floyd may need to be busier than he has been in many previous fights; really take the fight to Khan.

If Khan can get countered by the likes of Garcia then why can't he get countered by Floyd? If Khan can't avoid getting clipped and wobbled by Diaz what makes you think Mayweather won't connect with his laser right hand?

If Khan can get countered by the likes of Garcia then why can't he get countered by Floyd? If Khan can't avoid getting clipped and wobbled by Diaz what makes you think Mayweather won't connect with his laser right hand?

I never said that he won't get countered. He has been hit by everyone he has faced.

He mightn't eat them all night, but he will be eating a lot of them I think. He's prone to getting hit and nobody is more accurate than Floyd.

• Advertisement

I think it's the fact that we're seeing Floyd in actually competitive fights now, he was so blatantly dominant in almost every other fight, it's strange to see.

Saturday night wasn't competitive. Easy enough win for mayweather

He mightn't eat them all night, but he will be eating a lot of them I think. He's prone to getting hit and nobody is more accurate than Floyd.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Mayweather kod Kahn he has one of the worst chins in boxing and will really open up against Mayweather. Floyds real genuine chance of a ko in a while

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Mayweather kod Kahn he has one of the worst chins in boxing and will really open up against Mayweather. Floyds real genuine chance of a ko in a while

I am not sure PBF has the type of one shot power or delivery to KO Khan. Khan's chin isn't great, we know this, but I think he can maybe take whatever PBF brings. PBF isn't a killer.

He doesn't put rapid fire text book shots together. Also, PBF tends to counter so much, that I can't see how he gets Khan in a position to absorb all of his one punch power. Khan would have to walk straight onto a PBF wallop.

Not impossible, but I would think the fight goes the distance, and if so, then Khan will be trying for 12 hard rds. It won't be an easy decision win for PBF, no way. Khan is very difficult to out-box.

Khan is a fantastic boxer and is the quintessentially perfect amateur style fighter. However, he isn't a natural fighter the way other boxers are. His chin is glass and his power is quite lacking, his combinations are often pitter patter and I can't see him hurting Floyd at all. Similarly he leaves himself open for counters as we saw against Garcia and Floyd is not the man to be doing that against. If Diaz can put him on Queer Street then I wouldn't be surprised if one of Floyd's rights to the jaw does the same thing. Similarly Khan time and time again gets into brawls and deviates from his gameplan, I wouldn't be surprised if he does the same thing again, he's regressed since he left Roach in my eyes. Finally, Floyd has proven his ability to adapt and adjust to get the win time and time again.

I am not sure PBF has the type of one shot power or delivery to KO Khan. Khan's chin isn't great, we know this, but I think he can maybe take whatever PBF brings. PBF isn't a killer.

He doesn't put rapid fire text book shots together. Also, PBF tends to counter so much, that I can't see how he gets Khan in a position to absorb all of his one punch power. Khan would have to walk straight onto a PBF wallop.

Not impossible, but I would think the fight goes the distance, and if so, then Khan will be trying for 12 hard rds. It won't be an easy decision win for PBF, no way. Khan is very difficult to out-box.

I do think it would probably go 12 rounds and be a close because of Kahns style. But as I said I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he did ko him if Mayweather caught Kahn with one of those leading right hands that he likes I reckon Kahn would drop and he's not great at seeing out a fight if does get dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Khan hasn't fought very much at Welter either.

Fighting bigger guys does not bode well for someone with such notable chin problems.

He got out of jail in the Maidana fight, fought a good fight but was hanging on for dear life in that one, and hasn't impressed since. Floyd could get to his chin based on his boxing ability.

weemcd wrote: »
    Khan hasn't fought very much at Welter either.

Fighting bigger guys does not bode well for someone with such notable chin problems.

He got out of jail in the Maidana fight, fought a good fight but was hanging on for dear life in that one, and hasn't impressed since. Floyd could get to his chin based on his boxing ability.

Mayweather is hardly bigger than Khan. Khan is a decent sized welter. Big shoulders, height and reach. I would argue that he's a naturally bigger man than Floyd.

I wouldn't be so worried about Khans physical size compared to Welter's. It's just a different story when he tastes dat power.

Chinny at light Welter < Chinny at Welter

I don't think you can fix Khans chin. The only way I suppose is try not get hit flush and against Floyd I'm sorry he's going to catch you especially the way Kahn opens up. He's improved under V Hunter but not enough IMO

Mayweather is hardly bigger than Khan. Khan is a decent sized welter. Big shoulders, height and reach. I would argue that he's a naturally bigger man than Floyd.

Khan's a bloody monster at the weight. Perfect physique for it like. Broner is another one who has a scary size for the weights he fights at.

• Advertisement

Kahn should fight Brook next anyway he hasn't fought anybody decent since Garcia.

weemcd wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so worried about Khans physical size compared to Welter's. It's just a different story when he tastes dat power.

That's fair enough, but regarding Floyd I don't think it's the most pressing of concerns to Khan. I reckon Floyd would be the one Khan least fears as regards one punch power or the threat of a KO. If this goes to decision don't expect a masterclass/dominant win from Floyd.

Still no mention of Khan's next foe? He has done nothing since he lost to Garcia. Beat a few nobodies. Where is he going if he doesn't get the Floyd fight?

I don't think you can fix Khans chin. The only way I suppose is try not get hit flush and against Floyd I'm sorry he's going to catch you especially the way Kahn opens up. He's improved under V Hunter but not enough IMO

Not convinced that Floyd throws the type of flush shot needed to really hurt Khan. A lot swiping shots and counter rights. Khan would be in trouble from more potent shots, and IMO Floyd doesn't seem to let them go.

Not convinced that Floyd throws the type of flush shot needed to really hurt Khan. A lot swiping shots and counter rights. Khan would be in trouble from more potent shots, and IMO Floyd doesn't seem to let them go.

You talk about counter rights as if they're somehow a lesser punch. There is literally nothing worse than getting an unexpected crack on the jaw; it's far more stunning than the one you see coming. Floyd doesn't have concussive one-punch power but if he can wobble Hatton with counters then he can certainly wobble Khan.

You talk about counter rights as if they're somehow a lesser punch. There is literally nothing worse than getting an unexpected crack on the jaw; it's far more stunning than the one you see coming. Floyd doesn't have concussive one-punch power but if he can wobble Hatton with counters then he can certainly wobble Khan.

For force and power I don't think Floyd's counters will KO Khan. Wobble him, stun him? Likely. Any good shot is usually unexpected, in the sense that you don't wait to get hit by it. I reckon's Khan's chin can take Floyd's power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Kahn should fight Brook next anyway he hasn't fought anybody decent since Garcia.

Speaking of Brook, how long is he going to be out for?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Speaking of Brook, how long is he going to be out for?

He'll be ok for a training camp from start of 2015 if there's a fight arranged

pac_man wrote: »
    Did you Watch his last fight? He was very good against Zab Judah.

I've seen most of Khan's fights, Judah is pretty faded these days imo, his reflexes aren't what they used to be. I don't think Khan has boxed to his true ability in a long time, ie using his hand and foot speed to keep out of trouble and not get into a tear up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 Jaguarpicante

I think Brook could beat Mayweather now, maybe even knock him out.

Advertisement