Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to edit a jpeg when placed into photoshop

Options
  • 11-07-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi,

Below I have outlined my objectives for a little project I am doing at the moment (I'm a Photoshop noob :-) ). I have also detailed what I have managed to do so far and following on from this I have outlined my questions to the Boards community.

Objective:

1. Save image from a website onto desktop.
    2. 'Import' image into Photoshop.
    3. Resize/Change colors/re-arrange components of the image.

Completed:

1. I have saved an image from the internet onto my desktop.
    2. I have opened Photoshop and selected; file>place. I can place my image into Photoshop.

Questions:

1. Am I 'importing' the image into Photoshop correctly bearing in mind that I wish to edit this image in Photoshop?
    2. How do I go about editing the image?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Hi,

Below I have outlined my objectives for a little project I am doing at the moment (I'm a Photoshop noob :-) ). I have also detailed what I have managed to do so far and following on from this I have outlined my questions to the Boards community.

Objective:

1. Save image from a website onto desktop.
    2. 'Import' image into Photoshop.
    3. Resize/Change colors/re-arrange components of the image.

Completed:

1. I have saved an image from the internet onto my desktop.
    2. I have opened Photoshop and selected; file>place. I can place my image into Photoshop.

Questions:

1. Am I 'importing' the image into Photoshop correctly bearing in mind that I wish to edit this image in Photoshop?
    2. How do I go about editing the image?

Photography forum might be better place to ask about photoshop?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Ok, Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭djerk

if the image is open in photoshop it should be ready for editing. create a copy of the original image so you can play around and can always revert back to the original by opening a copy. you can open multiple images btw.. which will appear as tabs across your screen.

try opening one of the many tools on the left panel (eg a brush tool) and drawing on the image. you can quickly undo your edits by pressing ctrl+z. photoshop has the same basic functionality of any other image editing tool you might have used.

to adjust colours simply select one of the many options from the 'image' menu viewable on the top of the screen. image resize should be in there somewhere to. if you wish to keep the aspect ratio, make sure you lock the image scale.

if you wish to alter specific components, id suggest working with each step in layers. create a new layer, either through the layer menu at the top.. or by the widget that appears on the right hand side (usually near the bottom).

plenty of tutorials are available online to get you started. have fun ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭House of Blaze

Do you have more info on what it is you're trying to accomplish?

Do you want to add an element from another image or create colour effects like say, an old photograph effect or something?

PS has so many tools and ways of editing an image, and even different ways of doing the same thing, that it would be easier to advise you if I knew what you were after!

Advertisement