Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clomid Buddies

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

irenafin wrote: »
    Is it just for procedure or flights stay etc including?

it is just procedure unfortunatly

• Registered Users Posts: 21 irenafin

cinloom wrote: »
    it is just procedure unfortunatly

So I think it would work out the same as in Ireland really. . No?

So I think it would work out the same as in Ireland really. . No?

I guess i would save 1000 euros

I guess i would save 1000 euros

They say it's between 3000 and 5000eu

Pam_x_Pam wrote: »
    Did any of you looked into IVF with egg donation? Its free if you donate your eggs...

i never heard about that, Ivf is free then if you give the egg you have extra ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Pam_x_Pam

i never heard about that, Ivf is free then if you give the egg you have extra ?

Yeah i was reading about it somewhere... I think its done in UK but still....

irenafin - from Sligo

Yeah i was reading about it somewhere... I think its done in UK but still....

irenafin - from Sligo

I'm in Portlaoise and here we have brilliant family planning clinic

I'm in Portlaoise and here we have brilliant family planning clinic

I used to live around Portlaoise (my parents are still there) and I absolutely hate that hospital... I went there with first MC and was told to get over it and its nothing I still have time...

I used to live around Portlaoise (my parents are still there) and I absolutely hate that hospital... I went there with first MC and was told to get over it and its nothing I still have time...

Yeah I had bad experience there too with my chemical pregnancy. . The most insensitive staff ever and clueless consultant

Yeah I had bad experience there too with my chemical pregnancy. . The most insensitive staff ever and clueless consultant

I was 18 agt the time and got a visit form a very unprofessional doctor with talk about contraception O.o because, and here i quote, "if you keep ****ing around you will be back with us in no time"
    And it was a very wanted pregnancy not an accident...
    but I have to say two midwives I have met there were amazing. So i guess you can find someone nice :)

If I get my payments through this month (doing Masters sucks) i will invest in private consultation in Dublin...

• Advertisement

I was 18 agt the time and got a visit form a very unprofessional doctor with talk about contraception O.o because, and here i quote, "if you keep ****ing around you will be back with us in no time"
    And it was a very wanted pregnancy not an accident...
    but I have to say two midwives I have met there were amazing. So i guess you can find someone nice :)

If I get my payments through this month (doing Masters sucks) i will invest in private consultation in Dublin...

Omg... I couldn't even understand half of the stuff what my consultant was saying (her accent)

Omg... I couldn't even understand half of the stuff what my consultant was saying (her accent)

Sometimes its bad :D I remember here in Sligo I had a consultation and had to get my SO to tell me what the doctor is saying cos I couldnt not make any sense of it :)

Sometimes its bad :D I remember here in Sligo I had a consultation and had to get my SO to tell me what the doctor is saying cos I couldnt not make any sense of it :)

Lol

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I see mine public. I see different doctor every time and all of them have been lovely... its just the same midwife every time that puts me down and makes me cry

You really should put in a complaint about her. We are entitled to professional courtesy. There are ways to explain in a professional capacity that your weight is an issue without being bullying and abusive.
    She is an employee of us taxpayers even if you access free services, you've contributed to these.

You dont deserve abuse.

I am thinkin of doing mine in Poland (where I am originally from) it is about 8000zł which is roughly 2000euro. And thats with flight, blood work and accommodation.

I am really going to push them to do lap&dye or laparoscopy! This time I am going to speak up and get something moving....

Please keep your fingers crossed for me on Friday (my appointment is at 9,30)

How did your appointement go ?

How did your appointement go ?

Was fine. That nurse wasnt there so it all went smooth. Turns out that my progesterone after clomid is still too low he wants to see it over 30 and it was only around 25. So this cycle is without Clomid to see if anything changed, and in mean time we have to do sperm analysis and if that ok and I am still not ovulating I will have laparoscopy :)

Was fine. That nurse wasnt there so it all went smooth. Turns out that my progesterone after clomid is still too low he wants to see it over 30 and it was only around 25. So this cycle is without Clomid to see if anything changed, and in mean time we have to do sperm analysis and if that ok and I am still not ovulating I will have laparoscopy :)

Great if you didnt see that special nurse. For the progesterone, doc gave me cyclogest. It was quite expensive though

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

Hey everyone!

I was just reading through this thread and I hope I'm not too late posting here.

I've finally convinced my doc to start me on clomid in April. It's taken a while but she finally agreed. We're waiting until April as bf is currently working outside the country.

We've been TTC for over a year with no luck.
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago, I'm 25 now.

AF only shows up every few months, so it's hard to tell if I'm ever ovulating.

We're hoping that the clomid has some effect as I've read a lot of success stories with it. I also take Metformin, only 500mg at the minute but hoping to increase to 1000mg tomorrow.

Has anyone else had any success thus far? I'm really apprehensive as this is ALL we want.

Wishing you all lots of luck!!

Hi hun!
    wishing you all the best with clomid! I did 5 round and it didn't work. I started straight to 100 mg. And didn't ovulate each cycle. Best thing to to is to check your progesterone on day 21 even before clomid to see if you ovulate. But definatelly do it when on clomid! Only way to tell!
    Earlier this year we found out my BF has very bad sperm only 2% viable. So we trying to fix that and also I am waiting for HSG.
    Good luck hun and let us know how u get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭ariana`

bellz_x wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I was just reading through this thread and I hope I'm not too late posting here.

I've finally convinced my doc to start me on clomid in April. It's taken a while but she finally agreed. We're waiting until April as bf is currently working outside the country.

We've been TTC for over a year with no luck.
    I was diagnosed with PCOS 10 years ago, I'm 25 now.

AF only shows up every few months, so it's hard to tell if I'm ever ovulating.

We're hoping that the clomid has some effect as I've read a lot of success stories with it. I also take Metformin, only 500mg at the minute but hoping to increase to 1000mg tomorrow.

Has anyone else had any success thus far? I'm really apprehensive as this is ALL we want.

Wishing you all lots of luck!!

Hi bellz, i've pcos and i'm on met 1000mg (well my prescription is 1500mg but i never manage to take it all), i've conceived twice with help from clomid.

I miraculously conceived my very 1st naturally with crazy long 90+ day cycles, i tracked ovulation using BBT (body basal temping), i eventually ovulated on cd 79 or something like that and i got pregnant. After that baby i was 18mth trying again until i tried clomid and conceived on 3rd cycle of 50mg (days 3-7). And my current pregnancy is also thanks to clomid 50mg (days 6-10).

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement