Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please

• 11-07-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi all i have a diabetic dog that's blind and from time to time he get these sores on his elbows and has one on his chest they are a nightmare to heal the vet says their pressure sores. Over the last few months he wont go for walks but yet full off energy around the house. My other half keeps saying its time to put him down but that's the last thing in the world i want to do. Really the answer i am asking is it time would you do it or any advice why he wont go walking would it be depression i do be with him most of the time only left on his own once a week. I understand this is a hard one to answer. The dog is a 8 year old glen of imaal mix.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

How long has he been blind? Maybe he feels unsafe out walking, but has that safety within the confines of your home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

He is blind about year and a half that could be it all right will try walking in a football field where he cant hear traffic that would scare him and see how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

He is blind about year and a half that could be it all right will try walking in a football field where he cant hear traffic that would scare him and see how it goes

With a dog, the smells would be just as important as the noise, try it and see how you go. If your vet knows the dog quite well, maybe have a visit and see what they think about his quality of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Thanks for all that ya ill get him to the vet and see what he says

Advertisement